Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought I would start a thread for this show which is based on a true story of comedian Richard Gadd's expedience with a stalker.

I'm about half way through the first episode and I feel uncomfortable!

Here is a good article about his experience and conversation about the show. From what I have read, the show does get darker so I would say use your discretion.

What do others think of it? 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I enjoyed (if that's the right word) the first three episodes, episode four (I think it was 4) took a very dark and disturbing turn, very uncomfortable watching, I nearly didn't finish watching the rest but stayed with it. The last few episodes were ok.

Reactions: 22
I’ve just finished episode 3 and came to look for this thread. It’s actually terrifying. I couldn’t imagine experiencing something like that.
---

Reactions: 6
Just binged watched the whole thing and really enjoyed it. It’s dark but really well done.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I've binge watched the entire thing and I thought it was utterly brilliant. It was hilarious, heartbreaking, painfully sad, touching, clever, complex and memorable. I really commend Gadd in writing and directing something so painful and brave but how he also chose to play himself is beyond me.....it must have been cathartic but also really painful. I can't recommend it enough!

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I enjoyed (if that's the right word) the first three episodes, episode four (I think it was 4) took a very dark and disturbing turn, very uncomfortable watching, I nearly didn't finish watching the rest but stayed with it. The last few episodes were ok.
I've just watched episode 4, blimey how horrific viewing was that, think I'm going to have a break for a while.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Just watching now! Forced me to confront a situation with a toxic ex who you used to get me blackout drunk and I’d wake up naked with no idea what happened 🙈🙈 brilliant dark and funny series

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I thought it was absolutely brilliant.
I almost skipped it because of the name - I just assumed it was an American comedy - bad Santa, baby driver etc. What ‘compelled‘ me to watch was because I recognise Al from Emmerdale in the promo clip, confirming it wasn’t an American comedy.
Richard Gadd is a fantastic actor and writer. This wasn’t the usual stalker film it is so nuanced and makes you think about your own life. When he says he was more in love with hating himself…so dark and poignant.
I highly recommend it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I've just started it now, bit apprehensive from what I've read but it looks good, especially if it's a true story

Reactions: 2
Just finished it.

It’s really given me a lot to think about.

Even though Martha was unhinged he clearly has empathy for her despite the fact she made his life hell.

I can’t begin to imagine how hard this was for him to write / film etc but I’m so glad he did. It’s definitely one of the best things I’ve seen on Netflix in a long time.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I really enjoyed this, thought it was really well done although episode 4 (I think) took quite an unexpected dark turn and was very disturbing.

Reactions: 12
I really enjoyed this, thought it was really well done although episode 4 (I think) took quite an unexpected dark turn and was very disturbing.
Looking at the behaviour in the aftermath was harrowing, and addressed incredibly well. It was something that isn’t often covered so openly in tv shows. The internalisation and the outward actions and to bare that publicly should be applauded. That said I did spend half the time out of the room for the initial part as I found it pretty distressing.

Reactions: 14
I’m enjoying this! I missed the facts behind how he and teri met, why was he pretending to be someone else on a chat site?

I’m enjoying this! I missed the facts behind how he and teri met, why was he pretending to be someone else on a chat site?
From what I remember he signed up to a dating site under the name Tony and said he was a builder and this was because he was confused about his sexuality and embarrassed about dating a trans woman. That’s why he always meets her in the same darkly lit restaurants at the beginning.

Reactions: 14
From what I remember he signed up to a dating site under the name Tony and said he was a builder and this was because he was confused about his sexuality and embarrassed about dating a trans woman. That’s why he always meets her in the same darkly lit restaurants at the beginning.
That was my takeaway too. Just finished the series, absolutely blown away. What an incredibly brave man

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just binged three episodes and will watch Ep 4 tomorrow. It’s really hooked me. Although, part of me is saying ‘Why didn’t you just tell her to f off at the start?’

Reactions: 22
Just binged three episodes and will watch Ep 4 tomorrow. It’s really hooked me. Although, part of me is saying ‘Why didn’t you just tell her to f off at the start?’
All will become clear by the end and don’t google! I googled it and ruined it for myself

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.