Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lovely_rita

This whole situation is like an episode of Black Mirror. If her tweets didn't go so far back, the cynic in me would wonder if this wasn't a huge publicity stunt.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Tabitha

VIP Member
I just dont buy the PR stunt theory. She’s been posting non-stop for 10 years. SF has stepped down/lost his job and his reputation is on the line.
As the many victims of stalking would attest to, people really are this capable of being this crazy.

HarryToby

Cross posted, so she's basically admitted it's about her. She knows him and said he's the stalker fs 😂

• Haha

HarryToby

I think Jessica is beautiful, what a shortsighted and ignorant thing for FH to say about her.

The irony is, she only looked frumpy and without fashion sense in the series as she was replicating HER 🙄

• Haha

inksmear

RG must have known this was going to happen, no? And that is why I cannot feel sorry for him. I have never been stalked, but have had to grey rock a family member with (what I assume is) a personality disorder who has tried more and more insidious ways to fuck up and infiltrate my life, and some (not all, but some) of the behaviours were similar and I would rather boil myself in oil than poke that bear. It is very very strange to me that he has done this while the irl Martha is still out there with free access to the internet.

I don’t wish to sound victim blaming - he does not deserve the initial stalking or sexual assault. He was not responsible for that. He *might* need to take some responsibility for what happens when you make a Netflix series about wanking over a vulnerable, clearly mentally unwell/personality disordered woman who has previous history of being obsessed with him, though! Bloody hell, Gadd. Hope the fame and cash is worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Upintheair83

VIP Member
If SF is the right person then he has some serious audacity making threats about legal action.

If he had done nothing wrong then it would be very easy to say 'I am categorically not the person portrayed in the series' yet he hasn't? That doesn't seem like an innocent man to me.

As we already know it's so so hard to prove historic sexual abuse and I think the ginger twat knows that and so feels like he can get away with the threats.
I hope, if indeed it is him. That it encourages other victims to find the strength to speak up about him too and go to the police. I truly hope for that. If he did it to Richard he's probably done it to others and should be held accountable. My heart goes out to any SA victim, I can't imagine what their dark days must feel and look like. And so I hope alot of good also comes from Baby reindeer. There isn't a place in society for people like Darrien to be walking around and not being held accountable. His victims need a voice and justice.

• Heart

Tabitha

VIP Member
If you put your phone on flight mode just as the page starts to load you'll be able to read it
“For the woman said to be the real-life 'Martha', a 58-year-old who lives alone in a council flat in central London surviving on a food budget of £30 a week, shares several key similarities with her on-screen persona.

Indeed, Gadd's claim that he has protected her identity by changing key details is baffling given that both women are Scottish, both studied law at university, both are around 20 years older than Gadd and both use highly sexualised language in their speech and writing.

The woman also bears an uncanny physical resemblance to Martha although after watching Baby Reindeer this week she told the Mail: 'She sort of looks like me after I put on four stone during lockdown but I'm not actually unattractive.'”
🤔

• Haha
  • Wow

LifeOfMog

VIP Member
Just watching episode 4 and came across the thread, I really don't know how to feel 😶

As someone who has been through something similar in the past, no amount of money could ever convince me to act out that situation again...

• Sad

Effeffess

Chatty Member
I wish I'd taken a screenshot but my favourite FH tweet is the one where she says "I don't have kids - that's why I look so good" 😳

• Haha

Moniker

VIP Member
Gadd's abuse is fundamental to the question of why he didn't report Martha's behaviour to the police sooner; he explains as such in episode 4.
Martha is unhinged and malevolent but Gadd's abuser is far worse. I'm surprised there's not more focus on outing him.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Futtrit

VIP Member
It is unfortunate that it’s become a big ‘find the real Martha’ where people have overstepped into online stalking, rather than a big stalking awareness thing.

Could have even helped some sort of charity towards it or yeah get the police to look in to taking stalking a lot more seriously.

I do find it odd how the show and peoples hate have been more directed at her character rather than the SA by the man

Easier to blame the woman.....as it ever was....

Plus she's not attractive which is an even bigger sin obviously.

People would be more "Lucky bastard , I wouldn't mind being stalked by her" if she was.

hehehe

VIP Member
Episode 2 - was it really that hard to run away from someone of that size? She wouldn't get 10ft without a coronary & if she does you'd escape anyway.

• Haha

justonemorepage

VIP Member
I don't know why but I'm getting smug vibes from RG 🙈 it's truly horrific what he's been through, but I also think he wanted fame and revenge and he killed two birds with one stone by releasing baby reindeer to the masses.

He wasn't very likeable in the series and I think, due to his past trauma and probably PTSD, he's seeking out chaos because it's all he knows. He is a very damaged individual.

I wonder where this is all going to go tbh. It's quite scary.

• Sad

Puffin

VIP Member
I think what happened re SA did genuinely happen. I don't think Richard Gadd would embellish that cos what would he have to gain from it? I have also seen alot of commentary on why did he do this or why did he do that, everyone processes trauma differently and everyone reacts to situations differently. I might react one way you could react completely differently doesn't mean one is right and the other is wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart

Ellerose

I don’t feel sorry for her either but I do think this whole situation is appalling. She’s very clearly extremely mentally unwell and rather than ‘protect her identity’ like he claimed to have, Richard Gadd has fully exploited her mental illness and the entire situation for his own gain.
I think the pair of them are both victims and horrendous people in equal measure.

• Heart