Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
So she doesn’t know Richard but he asked her out, stalked her, she knows a lot about his dad, says he has mental illness, can’t take no for an answer and now has HIV.

that’s a lot of information on a person you don’t know, aye.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

squishbish

So she doesn’t know him but

- she knows exactly which pub he used to work at
- she says he’s a gay man (and in the series she was very homophobic about this)
- she says he asked her out and stalked her
- she thinks he has HIV
- she knows about his family and where his dad worked

Not to mention the tweets we’ve all seen from years ago. That’s a lot for someone who doesn’t know him 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Amydior1947

I just can’t decide if Gadd was naive, stupid or out for revenge.
I’m getting arrogant vibes. I imagine he’s very good at playing the stupid/naive/wouldn’t hurt a fly card when actually he’s pretty calculating and knows exactly what he’s doing. But that’s not to take away from him being a survivor and having a right to tell his story. If that makes sense?
---
He was out to get the most publicity for himself and the show. I’d say mission accomplished.
Agree

• Heart

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Regarding the question whether we‘d feel sorry for Martha if the gender roles were reversed. Well, if Martha was a man and Richard a woman, he most likely wouldn’t be alive today. I mean, if things happened exactly as seen on the show. The violence, the intensity of the stalking and assaults would have sadly and most likely ended in the victim’s death.

As for „Martha“: I feel sorry for the trauma she clearly went through herself, her obvious loneliness and maybe untreated mental illness. But her awful racism, transphobia and not to mention violent physical attacks (if those actually happened) can’t be overlooked as a side effect of her mental illness or trauma. Those things just make her a quite awful person tbh.

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Not the important thing, I know, but I thought it was nasty in that FB post to describe Jessica Gunning as "ugly"; she's been made dowdy for the role and she can do that frowny downturned mouth thing because she's an excellent actress but she isn't ugly at all.

It's surely better to say something like "inspired by a true story" if you don't want people to take it all as fact and accept it's been at least partly fictionalised. Most first novels or equivalent are somewhat autobiographical.
This pissed me off too! How rude is she? I hated that she called Jessica ugly.

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
6 new posts rattling on about a moving company.
im so intrigued as to wether she will ever say anything? Like a poster said above maybe just maybe she is so mentally ill that she wouldnt recognise herself because she is capable of it.
Either way it’s gripping
People like her can rewrite history in their heads and convince themselves of an alternate reality. She doesn’t sound like the sort of person who has any self awareness so I would say she has herself convinced people are mixing her up with someone else
A bit harsh.

I'm not touchy about spoilers but hoped the ending wouldn't be spoilt at least. From reading posts it appears that many people have only seen to episode 4.
Most people have watched the whole thing. I avoided this thread until I had them all watched.

Reactions: 34
Watched 6 episodes, can't be arsed to watch the last one. Thought it was shit tbh.

I susepct this Gadd fella is as much of a nutcase as his stalker, but at least he's got his fame and fortune now.

• Haha
  • Heart

HarryToby

If SF is the right person then he has some serious audacity making threats about legal action.

If he had done nothing wrong then it would be very easy to say 'I am categorically not the person portrayed in the series' yet he hasn't? That doesn't seem like an innocent man to me.

As we already know it's so so hard to prove historic sexual abuse and I think the ginger twat knows that and so feels like he can get away with the threats.

• Heart

atomic

Top tip for paywalled articles. If you’re on iPhone (like Martha) then open in Safari.

Then click the ‘Aa’ button then ‘Show Reader’ in the toolbar. It bypasses the paywall.

You’re welcome 😊

• Haha
  • Heart

maiaye

“We've gone to such great lengths to disguise her to the point that I don't think she would recognise herself” 🤔🤔

• Haha

dovelist

I saw a comment on TikTok where a girl said she watched it with her mum and within the first episode her mum said “oh my god, this is about Fiona who lived on our road”. Obvs I don’t know how true this is, but if it is goes to show she wasn’t changed very much at all.

• Wow

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
Well I really wasn’t sure it was her on Facebook but all she’s done is 100% convince me it’s her. The irony in her complaining he stalked her.

Reactions: 33