Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Demilee124

Chatty Member
Nah I get you. I spent a lot of the times thinking about the mean shit I would say to her 😂. The fact he could still show her empathy made me question if I’m a horrible person because I wouldn’t have been able to. I commend him for his ability to though, wish I was more like that.
I did think this but then he started wanking over her 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
He’s REALLY poked the bear 🐻😳

I do hope his location is unknown and anyone on her current stalking list is safe … I would be contacting the police!
In fairness to Richard, Baby Reindeer is a work of art. He has every right to share his story. People went and found her, he has no control over that. But it must be very scary for him. Or else he loves the drama and isn’t totally healed.

Reactions: 40

SkiesOfBlue

Chatty Member
I've binge watched the entire thing and I thought it was utterly brilliant. It was hilarious, heartbreaking, painfully sad, touching, clever, complex and memorable. I really commend Gadd in writing and directing something so painful and brave but how he also chose to play himself is beyond me.....it must have been cathartic but also really painful. I can't recommend it enough!
Just quoting myself here (as you do) as this was posted when this was a whiter than white, virginal thread with the purest of sentiment. :LOL:

I'm equally fascinated and horrified by all that's transpired. I posted the above straight after watching it and I still feel the same way. I think it's a remarkable series, I really do.
However, I find GD enacting his rape and sexual abuse as deeply disturbing however and I know there is no real template for how a person responds to trauma but I find it a little difficult to fully understand.

I've been watching NH's social media and am feeling really conflicted. I'm very much among the popcorn eating public in being so curious as to who she is, how closely she aligns with Martha and her batshit updates but I also feel really sorry for her. Part of me has little sympathy and I think she's just a vile, destructive, xenophobic person who spews bile and hatred but it is also clearly evident that she is so unwell. She has zero impulse control which can be indicative of serious psychiatric illness and while she may thrive to some degree on this level of attention, she is clearly not in possession of all her faculties.

I'm wondering in retrospect whether this was a Folie à deux and we have two people, both unwell, who had a really toxic codependency and it has been well and truly exploited by one party. I shall not watch it again as I though it was brilliant and took it at face value but I now question so much about it. I am not sure how real RD is but I think Martha is her truly authentic, deeply unwell self. Not judging anyone here incidentally! Am checking on her social media every fifteen minutes as, like I said, it's all so fascinating and horrifying in equal measure.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

dovelist

She’s going off at Netflix now. Said she might write them a letter and she hopes they’ve seen her posts.

• Haha

soph30

VIP Member
Did he HAVE to make her Scottish and a lawyer like the real one though? Seems Gadd kinda knew what he was doing

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
There was a woman on This Morning a week or so back who was stalked by a man she met only once when he signed up for a job through the recruitment agency she worked at.
He then bombarded her with sexually explicit messages, moved 5 minutes from her house and proposed to her. She got a lifetime restraining order and he went to prison. He made contact with her 2 hours after he was released from prison. She is terrified what will happen when he is released from prison again.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

Clovis

VIP Member
Just popping in to point out that there is zero evidence so far of death threats or abusive DMs. Just this woman's claims. Up to you if you choose to believe her.

I don't.

• Heart

Tabitha

VIP Member
As someone else who has also been stalked and had restraining orders taken out on multiple men, even when i was as young as 16, i share the sentiment that i don’t have one ounce of sympathy for Fiona.
Mental health does not absolve someone from destroying someone else’s mental health, it’s a purely selfish act of control and manipulation all about their own wants.
Looking at her FB, not only does she look even more manic, but her posts are some of the most disgusting and hateful things I’ve ever read, and she posts this stuff all day, every day. It’s who she is.

im convinced a lot of stalkers underestimate the gravity of their actions ‘oh it’s just an email’ etc, hopefully at least some will now realise the impact they have caused on other’s MH. It needs to be taken more seriously. It is a form of abuse, only viewed as less serious because it’s often remote, but if it wasn’t remote, how dangerous could they be?

• Heart

shortgirl

Also hoping Richard is ok because I bet he and Netflix didn’t expect a full on internet sleuth situation and he must be a bit concerned of how she’ll react
I don’t believe that Richard didn’t expect this.

I almost feel like this is his way of getting revenge..he doesn’t want to publicly out them himself and he knew people on the internet would find out who these people are so he’s letting everyone else out them for him.

Of course he knew people would react like this, and if he didn’t then I think he’s pretty naive..

I think if he was that concerned, he would have have done a lot more to protect her identity. Unless of course we are all mistaken..but I’m very confident that we all know who the real Martha is..otherwise it’s very unfair of him to base his character off of her and use her tweets in his show knowing that people would be able to find them and mistake her for the “real” Martha..

Last edited:

Mark81

VIP Member
Just finished episode 4. It's very good on the whole, I didn't think episode 4 was as harrowing as i expected but it was very well done.

Don't have sympathy with Martha so far. I am struggling a bit with him and how he doesn't help himself at times with Martha

• Heart

dovelist

Just finished it.

It’s really given me a lot to think about.

Even though Martha was unhinged he clearly has empathy for her despite the fact she made his life hell.

I can’t begin to imagine how hard this was for him to write / film etc but I’m so glad he did. It’s definitely one of the best things I’ve seen on Netflix in a long time.

• Heart

wiganuser

VIP Member
I don't get the hype about how gorgeous he is. He looks like he needs a few decent meals down him, literally like a drown rat

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

IfTheCapFits

VIP Member
Okay, finished this and agree with you all that the content is very dark and extreme. I skipped forward several scenes due to low tolerance including most of episode 4. If I had known what it was about I wouldn't have chosen to watch, because it's not to my taste at all.

This is the type of show that in the olden days would air at 11pm on Channel 4, so you know what's up. Now it's next to Kung Fu Panda on Netflix. Not very responsible that this type of stuff is just out there for anyone to happen across, but it's Netflix we're talking about and they're now releasing True Crime content where they bring in convicted murderers to "tell their side".

It's good, but I would not recommend it or ever watch it again.

The closest show I can think of to this is
I May Destroy You by Michaela Coel.
It had an 18 rating, warning of sexual violence, didn't it?

HaventAClue

VIP Member
I'm a few pages behind on this thread and her Facebook but see she's gone absolutely nuclear, just when we thought this couldn't get any more nuts.
This made me chuckle: "Richard gadd who is not known to
Me wrote a show four or five years ago for the festival fringe called baby reindeer it would appear to be popular on Netflix now among twenty something's with no brain"
Fiona babes, I wish I was a twenty something 🥹

• Haha
  • Heart

Moniker

VIP Member
Along with weird tweets saying he has a fantastic arse and asking him to call her..it’s bizarre.
I’ll eat my words if I’m wrong but I really don’t see how it can’t be her 😂
I know "Martha" is cray, but saying Richard has a fantastic arse is batshit.

• Haha
  • Heart