Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AlexTwist

Considering there is a Twitter account in her name which tweeted Gadd about hanging curtains in 2014, I don't see how it can't be her.

Reactions: 31

Kinderbelle

All of this, with how similar she is, has made me genuinely wonder if this is some sort of weird social experiment cooked up by Richard on stalking and witch hunts. It seems way too fucking convenient that a show about stalkers has turned a large percentage of Baby Reindeer viewership into stalkers and harassers themselves.

• Haha
It’s a powerful piece of television but Netflix and Gadd have really fucked up here. They could easily have made the two abusive characters unidentifiable without compromising the art. I love comedy and I know a lot of Fringe shows can be raw and shocking but when you’re adapting something for Netflix it’s going worldwide and you can’t treat it like a tiny stage at the Pleasance. God knows how Martha will react to her new fame, but what they really need to worry about is the male abuser. He’s obviously someone with a level of power who will have the means to take legal action, let alone the other names being falsely accused. I know making art like this can be cathartic but I don’t believe Richard Gadd has addressed his demons adequately and he’s drawn to creating chaos which could end up very self-destructive. And those of you who don’t think it’s a big deal that he used the lure of an audition to get a date with at least one struggling actress need to take a look at yourselves

• Heart

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
Does no one else feel like he’s done this on purpose? It’s so obvious that FH is Martha… unsure about SF. He clearly wanted social media to do his dirty work by outting Sean Foley and Fiona while he could sit back and act innocent.

Reactions: 30

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
I'm starting to think Richard Gadd is a bit of prick who's obsessed with fame. He could have changed the script most stalking victims are scared of being murdered and it starting up again. He's obviously not scared of Martha he's choosing to mostly target her not his rapist because she is more vulnerable and has less power. He's fanning the flames for his shot at fame and money.
Thinking the same tbh. As much as I will not sympathize with a stalker, because they ruin lives, there is something not sitting right with me about Gadd either.

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
If he hadn’t considered the fact that people would speculate and try to find the real people then he’s very naive

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
I keep reading out loud the fb posts to mr bored in my best accent. He’s genuinely concerned I’m now turning into a stalker and has asked me to step away…………I’m too invested. I can’t. Send help.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

unidentified

VIP Member
I binge watched it on Saturday night with my daughter. It was brilliantly done and very interesting that you got a glimpse into her too. As crazy as she is, it does touch on childhood trauma and she seen the trauma in him. Even down to the fact a man had abused him. No one else seen that in him but she did. She seen his hurt. Him talking about how he became obsessed with her was interesting. To me, the fact it was true that it happened to him and for him to write and star in it is a bit weird. All the time spent writing it and then acting will have been a long time. It’s almost like he still can’t let her go. Or, maybe doing it was cathartic and gave him closure.

• Heart

dovelist

Someone needs to interview her asap. Even if it’s a YouTuber. I genuinely wanna hear everything she has to say even though I know she’s unhinged.

She’s clearly enjoying the attention or she’d have locked her fb down or deleted it completely. If someone made a Netflix programme about some mad shit I’d done I’d genuinely move to some remote place with no internet and live out my days there.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
The audacity
She called Meghan Markle "an ugly wee thing" as well.
Her FB seems to be one manic and bigoted post after another. I looked to see if she had anything positive to say about anyone and could only find George Galloway.
saying that but has loads of rants about male misogyny!
She also called all of us who watched it '20 something year olds with no brains'

I am choosing to take this as a compliment.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

LittleMy

VIP Member
I’m afraid I still don’t feel any sympathy for her. She could have deleted her account if she didn’t want to be recognised. She’s obviously a deeply disturbed and unpleasant individual. How ironic that it’s her being stalked now! Still think she likes the attention though! Who knows what RG’s motives were but he’s perfectly within his rights to make the series and not do a great job in conceal her identity! Serves her right imo!
I agree with this but also think the general public needs to learn restraint. It’s becoming all too “pot meet kettle”. It’s one thing to have a nosey on a profile set to public but the people posting to her/DMing her are just as bad. Literally poking the bear.

redball00n

VIP Member
She’s totally vile, mentally unstable or not. I’m glad people have found out who she is. She’s absolutely bonkers and people deserve to be aware so they can keep their distance. She isn’t going to get help and the police won’t step in until something serious happens to someone. Any sympathy i had for her just disappeared reading that barrage of abuse.
I don’t feel sorry for her either, she sounds like a nasty vindictive piece of work, ill or not. Her Facebook posts are literally just her spewing bile to herself. No one is responding to anything she posts, she must live a very miserable existence sat on Facebook ranting into thin air all day.

freezelouise43

Chatty Member
Just watching now! Forced me to confront a situation with a toxic ex who you used to get me blackout drunk and I’d wake up naked with no idea what happened 🙈🙈 brilliant dark and funny series

• Sad
  • Heart