Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

superhanscrack

Hi all been lurking but just seen this too
I’m sorry! I didn’t think to censor the name as it is everywhere now… one simple search for the show gives you suggestions for it. I’ve reported it to tattle and asked to take down so can you stop with the angry reacts please

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Serene Serena

VIP Member
She is absolutely loving the attention isn’t she. I maybe shouldn’t be as she’s clearly not a nice person - but I’m seriously concerned for her.
I imagine that she has nobody around her to stop her or get the MH support she clearly needs.
Not a nice woman but an extremely vulnerable one.

I wonder if she has been paid for her interviews? I can imagine a reporter ringing her and her going straight into full on waffle and overshare and then rubbing their hands!
I don't think she has because in one of her latest posts, she said she's going to start charging to tell her side of the story.

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
I can’t really relate to some of what I’ve read online about this being the darkest thing they’ve ever seen, can’t think of anything else a week later etc. Yeah the subject matter isn’t lighthearted in the least but come on.
Not a day of the week goes by where a woman isn’t depicted in some show or other being abused, drugged, raped, murdered, mutilated, you name it. If you can think of the worst degradation, it’s usually been a storyline. Depicted nude on a mortuary slab in a lot of cases. Gratuitous. Even though we know it happens in RL week in and week out.
The novelty of this show is the actor played a version of himself is different so I get that aspect.
He’s a self promoter on an epic scale I have to hand it to him.

I think it’s more the manner of the abuse. Through grooming etc and that the victim is aware of what’s happened and voluntarily returns?

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Are we 100% sure that’s Martha and not someone doing it for shit and giggles? There are some very weird people around.

soph30

VIP Member
What happens if she was to do something very drastic on the back of this? If she were to end her own life?

She is obviously unwell mentally. I’m quite surprised the show even exists..it was obvious people will find her. Has she been approached with support? Yes what she did was wrong but I am astounded this is even happening tbh!

She will be buzzing he was knocking one out over her photo though.
It's pretty much not embellished right? Like every email etc shown is real and he was definitely knocking one out over her photo, that's not dramatic licence?

MrsDimSum

VIP Member
He said in the first episode she got 4.5 years for one incident and in the last episode she got 9 months in prison for harassing him. Happy to be corrected if I’ve missed that was fictional, though.
i also thought this at the end of the last episode or there about

justonemorepage

VIP Member
She's turned off comments because I genuinely think she would not be able to handle them but I think she's probably enjoying the likes and attention. If people are private messaging her she can respond however she wants I suppose as it's not public.

To be fair even without the shows existence there's more than enough information online to draw the conclusion that she's a nasty piece of work.

Stalking MP's, tormenting a disabled child, being removed from multiple law practices where she was taken on as a trainee.. for inappropriate behaviour.

Then you've got her own personal Facebook and all of the vitriol coming straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.
I’m not sure what you think I said. I made no comment on the woman in question or what type of person she may be.

My comment was on the fact that people are conflating aspects of the tv show with real life, such as believing that she ‘went to prison’ or is subject to a restraining order in respect of RG, when many many aspects of the show (as with any form of entertainment) have been tweaked and finessed in order to construct a more satisfying and cohesive narrative.

Reactions: 1

MrsDimSum

VIP Member
I’m just about to start episode 4 wow it’s a lot! I can’t believe how similar the ‘characters’ are to the people in real life. I listened to an interview with Richard Gadd and he said they were very different?

Jas28

Chatty Member
What mental illness does she have? BPD? I'm on episode 4 at the moment, had to pause it last night because it became very serious and dark with the abuse stuff

Notredamn

VIP Member
I'm telling you, she'll be on 'Celebs Go Dating' next year.
---

But did he not say himself that he did not want to proceed because she was unwell?
I don’t what he said or whether he meant proceed with reporting her, but any more than that wouldn’t be his choice.