Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does no one else feel like he’s done this on purpose? It’s so obvious that FH is Martha… unsure about SF. He clearly wanted social media to do his dirty work by outting Sean Foley and Fiona while he could sit back and act innocent.

Reactions: 30
Plot twist, could the FB and X profile be fake (no idea how, but I’m sure people know how to do this).

and after watching a real life show on stalking we are all now stalking a total stangers social media profiles and life?

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Does no one else feel like he’s done this on purpose? It’s so obvious that FH is Martha… unsure about SF. He clearly wanted social media to do his dirty work by outting Sean Foley and Fiona while he could sit back and act innocent.
100%. He knew exactly what he was doing. All this faux "oh please don't speculate on who any of the real-life people could be" nonsense is entirely disingenuous, as I said. He wants fame and plaudits and this is just another way to gain more attention for the show and himself. You only need to look at how his IG followers have grown since he posted that story to see it's working and got more people talking.

Richard is a very smart man and is playing the game.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Regarding the question whether we‘d feel sorry for Martha if the gender roles were reversed. Well, if Martha was a man and Richard a woman, he most likely wouldn’t be alive today. I mean, if things happened exactly as seen on the show. The violence, the intensity of the stalking and assaults would have sadly and most likely ended in the victim’s death.

As for „Martha“: I feel sorry for the trauma she clearly went through herself, her obvious loneliness and maybe untreated mental illness. But her awful racism, transphobia and not to mention violent physical attacks (if those actually happened) can’t be overlooked as a side effect of her mental illness or trauma. Those things just make her a quite awful person tbh.

Reactions: 35
I must admit I do think the show was quite extraordinary for showing the ugly impact of trauma but the story Richard Gadd made last night has made me quite cynical about his current motivations. Of course anyone involved in making the show knew this would be the outcome.

Reactions: 18
Plot twist, could the FB and X profile be fake (no idea how, but I’m sure people know how to do this).

and after watching a real life show on stalking we are all now stalking a total stangers social media profiles and life?
I did briefly wonder if this was all some Black Mirror-style social experiment, but the social media stuff, archived news stories & precursor stage show are a bit too long a game for anyone to pull off (if it’s even possible to ‘plant’ fake archived news stories, which seems unlikely)

Reactions: 14
I‘m not sure if Richard really is the super mastermind people make him out to be, planning all this to get back at „Martha“ and further his career this way. If anything he’s putting himself in danger again because „Martha“ will 100% be approached by people who side with her and will support her.

Reactions: 12
My thinking is, that it was very intentional. He had every opportunity to not play himself in the role, not cast people who look identical to those rumoured to be the very people he's talking about, he didn't have to use the actual emails she'd sent etc. He could have told his story in a way that hid identities and any identifying details.

As we know on tattle,there are many armchair detectives who are very adept at figuring things out, identities, where people live etc etc. You can find out almost anything on the internet if you put your mind to it. Half the time it's not even that difficult. He ought to have known this himself. He's not that naïve. Maybe he didn't realise how overnight a success it was going to be, but I don't think he even attempted to hide their identities.

If people have got it wrong, could FH and SF sue him over this? I think he's opened a massive can of worms.

Reactions: 26
Ladbible have just posted an article & someone has tagged FH Facebook on it! This is not going to be a good ending is it?!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Binge watched this yesterday.
Still trying to process most it.
The whole thing has given me the creeps.
I thought it was very brave of him to lay his own personality bare and admit that he somewhat encouraged her behaviour. Unless you have experienced a SA you cannot fathom the feelings of low self worth and self hatred. And shame. It damages you and changes you forever.
I do believe it all happened ( the fact her FB portrays her the same to this day is absolutely terrifying ) but I also believe he’s not going to be disappointed if he gets noriety off the back of this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I binged watched yesterday, very deep & dark in places. This has to be revenge surely? She has already been outed, it obvious where she frequents & lives from her fb profile. I also think they are both enjoying the engagement as well.

Reactions: 9
Some poor Scottish woman with the same name is getting loads of friend requests from strangers & wondered WTH was going on! 🫣

I mean I've had a quick nosey at the real FH fb but I have no desire to interact with her! 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I can't find her real FB, just the poor woman getting lots of requests

Found her!

Last edited:
What happens if she was to do something very drastic on the back of this? If she were to end her own life?

She is obviously unwell mentally. I’m quite surprised the show even exists..it was obvious people will find her. Has she been approached with support? Yes what she did was wrong but I am astounded this is even happening tbh!

She will be buzzing he was knocking one out over her photo though.

• Haha
What happens if she was to do something very drastic on the back of this? If she were to end her own life?

She is obviously unwell mentally. I’m quite surprised the show even exists..it was obvious people will find her. Has she been approached with support? Yes what she did was wrong but I am astounded this is even happening tbh!

She will be buzzing he was knocking one out over her photo though.
It's pretty much not embellished right? Like every email etc shown is real and he was definitely knocking one out over her photo, that's not dramatic licence?

Reactions: 2
I did briefly wonder if this was all some Black Mirror-style social experiment, but the social media stuff, archived news stories & precursor stage show are a bit too long a game for anyone to pull off (if it’s even possible to ‘plant’ fake archived news stories, which seems unlikely)
I had been thinking it's become really Black Mirror-ish in the past 72 hours or so with all the social media stuff.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.