Baby Reindeer Netflix #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you go to court as a LIP claiming to be a lawyer the first thing a judge is going to do is ask you what kind. If she pretends to be a solicitor that’s contempt of court.

Reactions: 3
Seen it happen in Birmingham
Have you a link - I'd be interested to read about it.
---
If you go to court as a LIP claiming to be a lawyer the first thing a judge is going to do is ask you what kind. If she pretends to be a solicitor that’s contempt of court.
If she represents herself it'd be evident in any required pleadings lodged prior to hearing that she's not on the roll of solicitors (in any jurisdiction). She's never claimed to be a solicitor and there's nothing in law stopping her from claiming to be a lawyer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
She's used 20 somethings as an insult quite a few times. Clearly a bitterness there. They all must be stupid as she's not one.
And I'm flattered been long time since someone referred to me as 20 something 🤣🤣🤣
I haven't been on fb today ill have ta nose again later she goes on so much its grand ta go asleep catching her madness 🤭🤭

---

If she represents herself it'd be evident in any required pleadings lodged prior to hearing that she's not on the roll of solicitors (in any jurisdiction). She's never claimed to be a solicitor and there's nothing in law stopping her from claiming to be a lawyer.
Yes…and as I said, a judge will ask her what kind of lawyer because they will want to know whether they need to speak to her like a LIP or like a lawyer. At the very least she will have to admit in court that she isn’t even CILEX qualified.

Reactions: 4
She allowed one comment on one of her rants-someone called Drew Carson. Why?

If I’m honest I hope she gets locked up. Gadd might feel sorry for her but a nurse, journos etc can’t be libelled like this and some of the people she’s talking about will have the means to take legal action (like Laura Wray). Mental illness might cause the stalking but the homophobia, antisemitism, racism etc is all her. Shes vile
I'm shocked the legals she's commenting on haven't already done something BUT as someone said some things cannot be fixed and I def believe the only way this ends is if she's sectioned and phone removed, someone living in the community they can't take a phone away from can they? the legals may well have sent but who can stop her without actually taken away the phone, computer etc

Yes…and as I said, a judge will ask her what kind of lawyer because they will want to know whether they need to speak to her like a LIP or like a lawyer. At the very least she will have to admit in court that she isn’t even CILEX qualified.
She'd most likely state she has a law degree (rather than admitting what she doesn't have). I don't see her claiming to be a solicitor.
In practical terms, the court would in all likelihood be aware who is she is.
---
And I'm flattered been long time since someone referred to me as 20 something 🤣🤣🤣
I haven't been on fb today ill have ta nose again later she goes on so much its grand ta go asleep catching her madness 🤭🤭
I stopped reading her drivel last week. I think Gadd went easy on the depiction of her in the series. She's even more utterly awful in real life.

Reactions: 13
I'm shocked the legals she's commenting on haven't already done something BUT as someone said some things cannot be fixed and I def believe the only way this ends is if she's sectioned and phone removed, someone living in the community they can't take a phone away from can they? the legals may well have sent but who can stop her without actually taken away the phone, computer etc
I think she’s emboldened by the fact that people feel sorry for her so haven’t pushed legal action, but she’s going to cross the wrong person at some point

She'd most likely state she has a law degree (rather than admitting what she doesn't have). I don't see her claiming to be a solicitor.
In practical terms, the court would in all likelihood be aware who is she is.
Idk I don’t see her coping well with being told she’s not a lawyer. In my experience as someone often against LIP with Mackenzie Friends, who go into court saying ‘I’m the client’s lawyer’ the judge says ‘what kind of lawyer?’ they say they have a law degree and the judge makes explicit that they are not therefore a qualified lawyer. I get your point that saying you’re a lawyer isn’t a protected title but within a courtroom a judge will be clarifying to everyone there that she isn’t a qualified lawyer in any sense and she won’t take that well, I think it’s feasible she would lie (especially given she lies about everything else under the sun/may genuinely think she is a lawyer and therefore not understand the consequences of lying)

Reactions: 5
What was the other programme on here that was recommended? I forgot and can't find the posts
Pls watch and make a thread so I can be saved from my Martha hold because that was just as crazy 🤭😅
---
Your comment on her not being competent is spot on. I have said before I don’t feel sorry for her but I’m horrified that no seems to be trying to intervene based on her delusional & escalating posts. That woman must be having some kind of psychotic episode? Surely the newspapers have a duty of care to report concern for her & the journalists safety.
I don't know if it's an "episode" or just her life, her pages are years with ramblings, just different subject on weekly basis.
I wonder has she zero family like that no one has said back off 😕

She has me on an emotional rollercoaster, some days I feel sorry for her and others I just wana put her in the bin. Must be tough work in her head, and I've had my struggles like I'm sure many of us but man above she's def not with us half the time, she's out in her own little planet.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I get your point that saying you’re a lawyer isn’t a protected title but within a courtroom a judge will be clarifying to everyone there that she isn’t a qualified lawyer in any sense and she won’t take that well, I think it’s feasible she would lie (especially given she lies about everything else under the sun/may genuinely think she is a lawyer and therefore not understand the consequences of lying)
Ok, I was considering in the context of civil proceedings rather than criminal. McKenzie Friend would be appointed prior to hearing for civil (in Ireland anyway). I've only encountered one McKenzie Friend in practice (civil procededings many moons ago). They gave moral support only (no right of audience obvs). Yeah, that makes sense if there's going to be witnesses, jurors etc.

---

Ah stop that's mental, I'm irish, I'm now identifying as a lawyer and I want 3k an hour pls and thanks, form an orderly que now pls 🤭🤭🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Pls watch and make a thread so I can be saved from my Martha hold because that was just as crazy 🤭😅
---

I don't know if it's an "episode" or just her life, her pages are years with ramblings, just different subject on weekly basis.
I wonder has she zero family like that no one has said back off 😕

She has me on an emotional rollercoaster, some days I feel sorry for her and others I just wana put her in the bin. Must be tough work in her head, and I've had my struggles like I'm sure many of us but man above she's def not with us half the time, she's out in her own little planet.
That definitely seems like her usual life but when I say psychotic episode I’m thinking surely this is an escalation because of all the attention she is getting. She is going mad posting constantly, I don’t think it’s a stretch of the imagination to think she could snap & hurt someone soon. It’s weird & fascinating seeing this play out on social media & I am hooked myself! I know you can’t just section people & cart them off to be assessed but with her history & all this publicity surely some kind of public service is at the very least monitoring her or has spoken to her

I don't think being delusional counts as lying in court. She wouldn't be in trouble in the same way as one of us might, because she has clear psychological issues.

tomorrows edition - I swear I wasn’t even looking, it popped up on my feed 🤷🏼‍♀️
Gadd already said the real ‘Martha’ didn’t go to prison - nowhere said the whole series is the full true story 🤦🏻‍♀️ just based.

Gadd already said the real ‘Martha’ didn’t go to prison - nowhere said the whole series is the full true story 🤦🏻‍♀️ just based.
I think that this is a large part of the problem. It is based on real life - but for added drama, not all of it is true. We now have on of the characters “outed”, and it seems pretty clear that this person is not of sound mind.
Meanwhile, Netflix are stirring it all up for publicity for the show. I am not excusing the behaviour of anyone, but shouldn’t this be dealt with via the appropriate route? It just seems so wrong, with some sort of inevitable tragedy looming.

Reactions: 12
I don't think being delusional counts as lying in court. She wouldn't be in trouble in the same way as one of us might, because she has clear psychological issues.
This exactly.

She isn't lying like you or I might, to hide the truth or to try and impress someone. She truly believes everything she says, in her mind she IS a top singer, gorgeous, a lawyer. She IS Gadd's victim, he stalked her. She just went to the pub for a drink.

These aren't lies for her, this is her version of reality. She is truly, by the book, deluded.

I reckon if she was taken to court she'd be given a capacity assessment and she'd fail spectacularly. I doubt she'd be imprisoned if /when convicted but she would be perhaps sectioned or put under tighter living conditions.

I doubt anyone could sue her for libel either, owing to her potential delusions/capacity. Apparently libel is really hard to try under English law anyway (source: no legal knowledge except it was said on the Richard Osman podcast 😂😂)

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.