Baby Reindeer Netflix #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her mental health needs to be taken seriously she now thinks Gadd is trying to kill her. I don't think this is going to end well

Reactions: 8
See the people reporting like this I feel are feeding her delusions and making it worse, it’s really poor fact checking which is meant to be a key part of being a journalist. Shes not currently registered as a lawyer anywhere. Its also quite obvious she’s not working from the way she claims to be a lawyer but also says she has no money so will represent herself 🙄 truth is also a defence to defamation and I’m sure the Netflix legal team will have verified that the emails and texts exist before they hosted this show. If she tries to sue anyone she’s going to lose, she isn’t competent to represent herself and all the people she’s talking about suing will have proper lawyers

Reactions: 19
See the people reporting like this I feel are feeding her delusions and making it worse, it’s really poor fact checking which is meant to be a key part of being a journalist. Shes not currently registered as a lawyer anywhere. Its also quite obvious she’s not working from the way she claims to be a lawyer but also says she has no money so will represent herself 🙄 truth is also a defence to defamation and I’m sure the Netflix legal team will have verified that the emails and texts exist before they hosted this show. If she tries to sue anyone she’s going to lose, she isn’t competent to represent herself and all the people she’s talking about suing will have proper lawyers

Not only this for defamation claims of this type it is usually a High court battle that requires counsel to represent. She can't afford that. It is very very rare that a party would be allowed to represent themselves in a high court case which is why actual lawyers don't even do it.

And if she tells the court she is a lawyer and isn't that is contempt of court and they will punish her for that WITHOUT HESITATION. Hopefully with jail.time. About time she went

Not only this for defamation claims of this type it is usually a High court battle that requires counsel to represent. She can't afford that. It is very very rare that a party would be allowed to represent themselves in a high court case which is why actual lawyers don't even do it.

And if she tells the court she is a lawyer and isn't that is contempt of court and they will punish her for that WITHOUT HESITATION. Hopefully with jail.time. About time she went
Counsel aren’t required, you have the right to represent yourself, it’s just not advised. To be honest I imagine someone would do it pro bono for the publicity. But yeah if she was passing off as a lawyer when she’s not licensed that is contempt of court. So all these papers and people on fb trying to get her all geared up to sue when she not only have a case but would likely get herself in more trouble are gross. They’ve really downplayed the way the lawyer who have the quote saying she could have a case UNLESS it’s true is so misleading

Reactions: 4
Counsel aren’t required, you have the right to represent yourself, it’s just not advised. To be honest I imagine someone would do it pro bono for the publicity. But yeah if she was passing off as a lawyer when she’s not licensed that is contempt of court. So all these papers and people on fb trying to get her all geared up to sue when she not only have a case but would likely get herself in more trouble are gross. They’ve really downplayed the way the lawyer who have the quote saying she could have a case UNLESS it’s true is so misleading
That's interesting a company that shares my office building was told that they had to have counsel to defend a high court case. We share a kitchen and they were literally mentioning it last week
Will knock on the door Tuesday and let them know that's not the case. They will be glad to hear that I'm sure

Thanks for clarifying

Reactions: 1
That's interesting a company that shares my office building was told that they had to have counsel to defend a high court case. We share a kitchen and they were literally mentioning it last week
Will knock on the door Tuesday and let them know that's not the case. They will be glad to hear that I'm sure

Thanks for clarifying
Oh it’s different for companies. Directors, board members etc of a registered company who aren’t also a registered lawyer can’t represent the company in legal proceedings. But an individual can if they are representing just themselves

Reactions: 6
It’s taken me a week to catch up on this thread!! I don’t know how Fiona manages all her rants in a day plus following this thread (most likely) and whatever other groups and her harassment of people!! She must be exhausted.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The Daily Mail are taking advantage of a mentally unstable woman in my opinion. I bet that reporter is secretly over the moon about her continual texts and calls and voicemails, it’s another story for him. Martha doesn’t realise she’s providing unpaid entertainment.
Do newspapers not have any ethics to adhere to in regard of the mental capacity/condition of someone giving such an explosive interview? I don’t feel sorry for her, she is bringing most of this on herself but it just does not sit right that a journalist can admit to interviewing someone who he believes is mentally unstable can then go ahead & print her chaotic ramblings.

Mental illness does not excuse her stalking - She sounds like a dangerous & scary woman but she has been massively exploited by this newspaper, it shouldn’t have been allowed or printed. It is fuelling even more attention her way & i can’t help feeling this is going to lead to something bad happening

Reactions: 16
Your comment on her not being competent is spot on. I have said before I don’t feel sorry for her but I’m horrified that no seems to be trying to intervene based on her delusional & escalating posts. That woman must be having some kind of psychotic episode? Surely the newspapers have a duty of care to report concern for her & the journalists safety.

Lawyer isn't a protected title in Ireland. Any gobshite could call themselves a lawyer. Solicitor and barrister are protected titles. Is it different in the UK?

Reactions: 1
Lawyer isn't a protected title in Ireland. Any gobshite could call themselves a lawyer. Solicitor and barrister are protected titles. Is it different in the UK?
oh yes it is a criminal offence to profess yourself off as a solicitor or barrister if you do not hold the credentials and a law degree is a small part of that

Reactions: 2
Martha hasn't claimed to be a solicitor or barrister though, merely a lawyer.

Reactions: 2
This is from the SRA website. So apparently she can call herself a lawyer if she’s providing legal services. Not exactly sure who she’s claiming to provide legal services to haha but not a regulated term, and same for Scotland

Attachments

This is from the SRA website. So apparently she can call herself a lawyer if she’s providing legal services. Not exactly sure who she’s claiming to provide legal services to haha but not a regulated term, and same for Scotland
Same as in Ireland then. In reality, most people who call themselves lawyers here are solicitors or barristers, but you do get types like Martha using the term when she is actually neither.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.