Baby Reindeer Netflix #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread: https://tattle.life/threads/baby-reindeer-netflix.44835/

Please continue here.

Viewer discretion: show portrays sexual assault and rape. If you need confidential support please click on this link and there are a number of services that you can contact: https://sexualabusesupport.campaign.gov.uk/#get_confidential_support

England and Wales: https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-help/want-to-talk/

Scotland: https://sexualabusesupport.campaign.gov.uk/#get_confidential_support

Northern Ireland: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/getting-help-after-sexual-violence

Article from previous thread: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...deer-interview-netflix-stalking-b2526548.html

Most people have found the real "Martha" but please don't message her!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Martha appears to have gone offline now, thank goodness. She does say she has friends around her, and I seriously hope she does, she needs real life support.

Richard Gadd must have known she would be identified.

Reactions: 21
Well, who’d have thought when the first thread started we’d have ended up here. What a shitstorm.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Martha appears to have gone offline now, thank goodness. She does say she has friends around her, and I seriously hope she does, she needs real life support.

She really does need to step away from the internet at the moment. Of course he knew!

Reactions: 9

she’s definitely back. She said she was going offline 48mins ago and has posted for times since.
Maybe I’ve turned into a stalker now too!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I didn't think Martha would be so easily identified, I assumed she was an amalgam of different women he'd known over the years. I wonder if Jessica Gunning realised when she took on the role?

Now more than ever. Keep it on Tattle. There is a lot of concern about ‘Martha’ and we all hope she gets all the help and support she needs.

Someone nailed it in the last thread. It’s like RG invited the audience to become a part of the show and it’s all going very black mirror.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Nobody should even think about responding to any of her facebook ramblings, let alone engaging with the woman. It's gone from being amusing to being quite disturbing, very very quickly.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I watched him and Jessica on Lorraine before I watched the show and he was adamant he'd concealed her identity but I thought it was odd as he'd played himself so surely she'd know? I then thought maybe she was dead and that's why he decided to tell the story now after so long.

He could have changed so much and still kept true to the original story. He also could have cast someone else to play him but I think his hubris wouldn't let him. He so desperately wanted fame. I hope it was worth it. He's pretty much sold his soul.

It's now taken away from the original message of his story which I thought was very important, especially for male victims. Now it feels icky.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
He could have still played himself and still completely changed the characters for the others. He made no effort whatsoever apart from names

• Heart
Reactions: 26
He'd have concealed her identity better if he'd chosen a different actress and asked her to speak in a different accent. He wanted her to be found.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
He'd have concealed her identity better if he'd chosen a different actress and asked her to speak in a different accent. He wanted her to be found.
Strange that he didn’t want her to face court proceedings but happy to hang her out to dry in a trial by social media

I’m a bit sick of seeing all the hype about it now

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think it is entertaining to some extent but we have to remember this is real life. Whilst many of us may not behave in the manner FH is it doesn't give us the right to be messaging her and adding fuel to the fire. It doesn't matter if she hasn't disabled the messaging function. At the end of the day she's a deranged, sad person who holds hatred towards many groups of people judging by her posts.

• Heart
Interacting with her posts in general is weird af imo. I’m shocked at how many fb shares they get. I’d be embarrassed to have that on my timeline. I just come here instead 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Personally, I don't think Gadd thought it would explode like this. I have much empathy but little sympathy for him. I mean, I have sympathy for his ordeal but it starts to wane once you realise he's very flawed (and I'm being polite).He has gone through an absolute nightmare but equally he has his own demons and (imo) he hasn't exactly protected others in the story and I don't include 'Martha' in this. (His parents, ex partners etc)
I'm not excusing her in any way and I think she's awful, but the Darian character doesn't appear to be as popular in the tabloids to be reached out to.
I do believe that Gadd thought he'd done enough to conceal identities, but grossly underestimated interest in the programme.
Sorry, just throwing my 2p's worth in there!

Reactions: 27
I wonder how Jessica Gunning is finding it, I wonder if FH has tried to contact her

• Wow
Reactions: 16

me telling my husband about everything that’s happened in the last week. He’s looking at me like I’m crazy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.