Baby Reindeer Netflix #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am honestly tired after reading her posts how is she not?!
She doesn't seem to stop does she, she jumps from 1 person/organisation to another in minutes.
Her brain must be chaos, she must crash after her rants?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She doesn't seem to stop does she, she jumps from 1 person/organisation to another in minutes.
Her brain must be chaos, she must crash after her rants?
Now imagine getting thousands of those messages to your phone number every single day, all day long 💀 while also being followed around by her

Reactions: 30
Possibly a unpopular opinion but I think Martha is a fictional character based very loosely on FH and maybe other experiences.
That's why he assumed she wouldn't recognise herself because alot of it isn't directly about her. But he obviously wasn't expecting the "curtains" tweet to pop up 😅
Based off FH Facebook posts alone you can definitely imagine the emails she would of bombarded him with. But I think alot of the other stuff was probably dramatised to make it more interesting.

Reactions: 19
Allegedly an open secret in the comedy industry that it's his old producer GR
Surely his DM (if it's true), shows it's the (first) person named. [Not the initials above]. It is difficult to know what to trust on line though.

I said in an earlier post that I've made my mind up based on existing posts and that's true. However, it's important to add that I don't believe that necessarily means I'm right. It's just my opinion.

Reactions: 5
I feel that by him posting things like this on his Instagram stories, he’s revelling in it all a bit.
Definitely feels like he’s undermining the moral ambiguity created by the show? I know FH is clearly mentally unwell and throwing all kinds of tit out there but even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I think he’s a narcissist.

Reactions: 23
Definitely feels like he’s undermining the moral ambiguity created by the show? I know FH is clearly mentally unwell and throwing all kinds of tit out there but even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I think he’s a narcissist.
Finally! I have held off posting the n word to describe him so I totally agree

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Agree about the nice boy scenario, the well to do posh ones we come across in life, they can be the most dangerous. I read somewhere he went to Madras but most posh kids around here go to the private High School of Dundee. I’ve met many a posh boy and coincidentally a few Fifers who come across as very prim and proper but they are nothing more than jumped up, entitled, stroppy little predators when they don’t get their own way. I am not saying for a minute RG is any of those things but like someone else said, he was setting my radar off big time from very early on. Like he was drip feeding the audience some of his wrong doings to prove he wasn’t claiming to be an angel but like I said before, him egging her on in the pub in front of his mates? If it’s in your character to be like that to someone clearly vulnerable then it’s very unrealistic that it happened once and once only. He’s only admitted to it once in the show but he could’ve done it a LOT more. That would also fit the jumped up posh boy stand off ish I’m better than you air they all seem to have about them. I can’t get over his accent either. Nobody from Wormit, Tayport, Newport or even the better parts of Dundee talk like that and she keeps calling him a Glasgow uni drop out. It’s well known in Scotland that many influencers/drama school types adopt what is known as the “Glasgow Uni Wanker accent” - it’s so fake. Also agree he’s loving all the attention the stuff he’s posting on his Insta stories. I don’t think someone who’s craved fame and validation for so long is going to cope when the next big thing comes along and him and his story start to dwindle, that could leave him in a very vulnerable state.

Reactions: 11
I feel that by him posting things like this on his Instagram stories, he’s revelling in it all a bit.
Idk, if someone went to the effort to make art of me I’d probably repost and thank them too

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Agree about the nice boy scenario, the well to do posh ones we come across in life, they can be the most dangerous. I read somewhere he went to Madras but most posh kids around here go to the private High School of Dundee. I’ve met many a posh boy and coincidentally a few Fifers who come across as very prim and proper but they are nothing more than jumped up, entitled, stroppy little predators when they don’t get their own way. I am not saying for a minute RG is any of those things but like someone else said, he was setting my radar off big time from very early on. Like he was drip feeding the audience some of his wrong doings to prove he wasn’t claiming to be an angel but like I said before, him egging her on in the pub in front of his mates? If it’s in your character to be like that to someone clearly vulnerable then it’s very unrealistic that it happened once and once only. He’s only admitted to it once in the show but he could’ve done it a LOT more. That would also fit the jumped up posh boy stand off ish I’m better than you air they all seem to have about them. I can’t get over his accent either. Nobody from Wormit, Tayport, Newport or even the better parts of Dundee talk like that and she keeps calling him a Glasgow uni drop out. It’s well known in Scotland that many influencers/drama school types adopt what is known as the “Glasgow Uni Wanker accent” - it’s so fake. Also agree he’s loving all the attention the stuff he’s posting on his Insta stories. I don’t think someone who’s craved fame and validation for so long is going to cope when the next big thing comes along and him and his story start to dwindle, that could leave him in a very vulnerable state.
The problem is, if the show is anything to go by, he absolutely did not make himself out to be a ‘nice guy’ in that sense,
This is what’s so fascinating to watch about it all (to me anyway!) It’s shown the nuances in human behaviour. We are all shades of gray at heart.

Reactions: 13
I just saw the following comment:

This woman's own brother is on record as describing her as a manipulator of men and disowned her

I find this interesting. I wondered what her family thought

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Someone way back the thread mentioned to watch the show I may destroy you l, ive binged it all day and now it needs a thread wtf 🤯🤯🤯😵😵
And this is obviously where Gadd got the inspiration to put his story out as series id imagine.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
“I can’t emphasize enough how much of a victim she is in all this, Stalking and harassment is a form of mental illness. It would have been wrong to paint her as a monster, because she’s unwell, and the system’s failed her.” Richard Gadd

---
Can you link me to where he says she is a victim in this story? I have done quick google search but only thing I can find is him saying "she was a victim" talking about her past trauma.
i posted the first link that came to hand above but he’s quite insistent about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
if the abuser is who we all think it doesn't surprise me how bold he's being. in the show he hadn't and ounce of shame when gadd showed up again after his metldown, he even admitted he'd seen it, called him brave and took no real ownership in his role of the breakdown
I hated the fact that RG's attacker took no ownership of the attacks when RG visited him later on . Invited him in as if nothing untoward had ever taken place. I'd wanted to punch his lights out.
---
With what’s just gone on recently in this country with the disappearance of Nicola Bulley and the whole internet going full on sleuth he knew EXACTLY what was going to happen here! I think this is his way of making sure she gets some punishment for what she did to him plus whilst also gaining worldwide stardom for himself. The distance and gap in time since she stopped contacting him will have given him some clarity and time to think, he maybe even blames her for him getting into drugs and ending up in the position with the abuser. Like many have said, you don’t have to be perfect to be a victim of SA, it can happen to good people, flawed people, bad people. Same with mental illness. Any one of us could have a mental switch flip one day and start rambling like FH. Her comments are text book someone off their anti psychotic meds and/or someone with extreme trauma approaching a bout of psychosis. Think Britney’s Instagram ramblings for example. I’ve got two friends who do it too and I cringe for them. There’s no talking sense into them, once they’re off on one it’s meltdown then inevitably hospital time. Also her dictation machine and taking photos of people in shopping centres, I worked in mental health for a while and two different men had photos of randoms in their phones and showed me this was who was following them (random people, numerous, never photographed twice, innocent people going about their day). The paranoia and delusions can be all consuming for people so ill. She’s got photos like this all over her FB. I do not agree as someone said above she has full mental capacity. Diminished capacity, some grasp of reality then way off with other things. Mental ill health is complex, SA is complex but he isn’t the angel he’s making out to be whilst sitting on Lorraine’s sofa. Might have guessed she’d be all over it with the DUFC knuckles. He has however done a very good job of showing SA and how it can be so surreal, disgusting, degrading, terrifying and just unbelievable all in one. I feel truly truly sorry for him regarding that but think there’s more to the story with FH. I think he’s maybe led her on for a laugh with ‘the lads’ and she has maybe taken it seriously and thought he really was interested and instead of shuffling off broken hearted she’s went fully mental. Sad state of affairs all round.
RG didn't meet Martha untill after the drugs and his attack.
---
I can't understand how Martha has become the bigger story here rather than the man who shall remain nameless (in this post). A man who had stamped his feet and silenced his victim (again), with lawyers.

It's clear to me from the posts I've seen that the people who are naming him are correct. I've given it a lot of thought and I believe it to be the truth. It sickens me that he can throw his money around to silence his victim.

This whole thing is so complex and really sad. Nobody comes out of it well.
The abuser still has power then... need to know who he is, he's despicable!
---
I can't understand how Martha has become the bigger story here rather than the man who shall remain nameless (in this post). A man who had stamped his feet and silenced his victim (again), with lawyers.

It's clear to me from the posts I've seen that the people who are naming him are correct. I've given it a lot of thought and I believe it to be the truth. It sickens me that he can throw his money around to silence his victim.

This whole thing is so complex and really sad. Nobody comes out of it well.
The abuser still has power then... need to know who he is, he's despicable!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.