Baby Reindeer Netflix #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but this has been a really confusing situation to digest. My thoughts so far are:

1. RG is free to tell his story and play himself. He made a piece art. I don't believe for a second we should censor him for any reason.
2. RG is not responsible for any of the abuse he received. He's also not responsible for the public or tabloid reaction to his work.
3. RG is a fame hungry afwul guy and I don't wish him success in his career. Being self aware enough to show himself in a bad light doesn't change that.
4. The show was brilliant.
Pretty much sums up the entire contradiction of Baby Reindeer.

Reactions: 5
It’s interesting how many stalker stories start with acts of kindness and being nice to someone who isn’t used to people being nice to them (mine included). It’s nice he had so much patience for her and was willing to befriend her (as a charity case) despite her oddities and unpleasantness. But god what an example of: ‘No good deed goes unpunished’.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Can't catch up, so may have been said already, I think Gadd is smart in what he done, he wanted fame, he sure got it now, maybe not the right way of going about it, but he got what he wanted for years by the looks!

I haven't heard the rapist name yet

Reactions: 5
It’s interesting how many stalker stories start with acts of kindness and being nice to someone who isn’t used to people being nice to them (mine included). It’s nice he had so much patience for her and was willing to befriend her (as a charity case) despite her oddities and unpleasantness. But god what an example of: ‘No good deed goes unpunished’.
It certainly makes me think twice about striking up a conversation with anyone I don't know or doing random acts of kindness, in case it's misinterpreted. I did pay for an old lady's milk and bread in the Co-op this morning though, because she'd left her purse at home, but she didn't look like she was going to start stalking me. Oh! Wait a minute, she asked me where I lived so she could repay me. OMG what have I done? :D

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It certainly makes me think twice about striking up a conversation with anyone I don't know or doing random acts of kindness, in case it's misinterpreted. I did pay for an old lady's milk and bread in the Co-op this morning though, because she'd left her purse at home, but she didn't look like she was going to start stalking me. Oh! Wait a minute, she asked me where I lived so she could repay me. OMG what have I done? :D
That’s funny but it’s sad too because it does make you think twice about chatting etc to people who might need a bit of social interaction.
Although I like to think most stalkers get their stalking fixes online these days and their victims probably don’t even know they’re doing it.

• Sad
Reactions: 14

Gadd's 2013 Fringe show, GR is named as a director and producer on page 146. The timeline is certainly right, and his Instagram story asking people to leave well enough alone only named Sean Foley as an innocent.

Reactions: 16
An interesting read on stalking, and the grey area of victim blaming

“There has been a lot of praise for Gadd’s bravery in admitting to being a victim of sexual violence as a man. There should be more, I think, for his bravery in admitting that he helped to create the conditions for his abuse. Not every victim will recognise themselves in this, but there’s an important truth to it. “Victim blaming” is taboo, but sometimes, the most important way to protect yourself from future harm is to take responsibility for the ways you put yourself in harm’s way.”

Reactions: 10
If this is the right FH her posts wouldn’t be out of place in a Rupi Kaur anthology tbh.

IMG_4932.jpeg

Just bizarre.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I bet she doesn’t delete her account, she likes the attentions and ranting away on it too much! Even if she does, she’ll set up a new one that people will find!

Reactions: 11
I bet she doesn’t delete her account, she likes the attentions and ranting away on it too much! Even if she does, she’ll set up a new one that people will find!
She won't delete her account, she's enjoying the attention too much. Look at all the times she's says 'bye for now' only to carry on posting rubbish for another 6 hours?

Reactions: 15
I don’t know what to make of it that some or many have more of a problem with Gadd and him not concealing the identity of his attackers better, than with what said attackers did. It’s a weird shift of focus which often results in victim blaming, even if unintended.

Reactions: 10
She won't delete her account, she's enjoying the attention too much. Look at all the times she's says 'bye for now' only to carry on posting rubbish for another 6 hours?
It was the same in the series when she’d “only be popping in” to the pub but end up being there all day.

Reactions: 16
I don’t know what to make of it that some or many have more of a problem with Gadd and him not concealing the identity of his attackers better, than with what said attackers did. It’s a weird shift of focus which often results in victim blaming, even if unintended.
Yeah I’ve just been reading the thread and I find this extremely strange. FH and Gadd seem to share the same desire for attention, it’s just manifested in different ways. Gadd is entitled to tell his story and under no obligation to conceal her identity, he is not responsible for the acts of weirdos now targeting FH. If she wasn’t spewing all this weird tit onto FB people probably wouldn’t have found her in the first place. She knew he was a wannabe comedian and would likely use his experiences for content, she picked the wrong guy. I do think it’s unfortunate that he is likely finally giving her what she wanted, she’s thriving on the attention, good or bad it doesn’t matter to these stalker types.

Reactions: 12
Her fb account where you can add her as a friend is fake. The one that you can follow (and has old posts) seems to have vanished. I am hoping that someone close to her has told her to delete it and to stay away from social media. She is clearly unwell. The bigger villain imo is the man who repeatedly abused him

Reactions: 6
Her fb account where you can add her as a friend is fake. The one that you can follow (and has old posts) seems to have vanished. I am hoping that someone close to her has told her to delete it and to stay away from social media. She is clearly unwell. The bigger villain imo is the man who repeatedly abused him
I can still see her genuine account...

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.