Baby Reindeer Netflix #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it is GR then I wonder if that's why RG wrote the kinda African dancing scene into, as he's from there originally 🤔

Reactions: 9
I'm sorry Bessie, but this in itself is not so subtle victim blaming. You are insinuating that he did something to lead her on and thus in some sense its his fault that she went batshit crazy obsessed over him and stalked him. You mention in an earlier post that every character in the show, RG included admits he encouraged her. But you frame that in black and white without any nuance. Nobody teaches you how to deal with a stalker, especially one who is obviously broken and vulnerable, who you feel compassion for but are also scared of, especially when you don't want to trigger them into even more dangerous behaviour, so instead you placate them, not realising that will just encourage them in their delusions. He obviously felt sorry for her, still does, knows that she has been hurt in her past and doesn't want to see her hurt again, but he also wants to tell his story. This is a conflict victims often feel, especially when their abuser is family or someone they cared about or have compassion for. They feel responsible for their well-being, for protecting them, even as they want to speak out and get justice for themselves. Many abusers groom their victims to feel sorry for them and to blame themselves to keep them silent and protect themselves and it can be a real mindfuck for victims.

My interpretation of him saying she is also a victim in this story is that she is a victim of her own past, that something tragic happened to her that damaged her psychologically and emotionally and makes her a victim of her own damaged mental health, and thus she acts out in this way. But even if he did lead her on, he didn't deserve what she did to him, and she alone is responsible for her choices and her behaviour. She's faced legal repercussions for stalking before, she may not be able to control herself, but she knows what she was doing is wrong.
Couldn't have said it better 👏👏👏

Reactions: 6
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but this has been a really confusing situation to digest. My thoughts so far are:

1. RG is free to tell his story and play himself. He made a piece art. I don't believe for a second we should censor him for any reason.
2. RG is not responsible for any of the abuse he received. He's also not responsible for the public or tabloid reaction to his work.
3. RG is a fame hungry afwul guy and I don't wish him success in his career. Being self aware enough to show himself in a bad light doesn't change that.
4. The show was brilliant.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
anyone looked into Steve oram for darrien? Just googled UK comedian directors and his resemblance to that on BR caught my attention.
He also done shows at Edinburg fringe festival although he’s only 50 but still older than RG I suppose

think Darrien is the real one who needs outing as he’s probably still doing it to this day

Reactions: 12
anyone looked into Steve oram for darrien? Just googled UK comedian directors and his resemblance to that on BR caught my attention.
He also done shows at Edinburg fringe festival although he’s only 50 but still older than RG I suppose

think Darrien is the real one who needs outing as he’s probably still doing it to this day
I take this back

looked into GR and he’s mentioned in a article with gadd a while back and mentions his 2013 show and he had this great director GR.

sorry Steve🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There are two profiles with the vase of flowers profile pic. One is fake and allowing comments, the real one isn’t.

Reactions: 5
IMG_5529.jpeg

There’s so many fake accounts now it took me a while to find it. I hope she’s has someone with her to help her. I’m sure as hell glad it’s not me but ykwim.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.