Australian Pop Culture and Influencer Podcasts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok I’m from Adelaide and don’t know of any other podcasts from here so congrats to the girls I guess 😂 S.A’s top performing podcast
IMG_1846.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Haha
Ok I’m from Adelaide and don’t know of any other podcasts from here so congrats to the girls I guess 😂 S.A’s top performing podcast View attachment 2572015
haha Adelaide has slim pickings - outspoken, the mums edit and Leah and Mitch itsines - would have preferred it went to TME but I suppose they aren’t at the level of outspoken with their planning/content just yet still relatively new.
Maybe we could claim OMR new podcast she is from here 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 4
Geez not a fan of these girls (never listened to a full episode of their podcast) but the shaming of their appearances is a bit WTF. They look like normal women to me, not models but very few of us are!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Geez not a fan of these girls (never listened to a full episode of their podcast) but the shaming of their appearances is a bit WTF. They look like normal women to me, not models but very few of us are!
I ageee. They look fine. Literally all 3 look the same with diff hairstyles which they could easily change up.
Their views and opinions on the other hand…….

Reactions: 13
I ageee. They look fine. Literally all 3 look the same with diff hairstyles which they could easily change up.
Their views and opinions on the other hand…….
Yea 🥴🥴 that’s all I meant, they look exactly the same bar their hair… they ARE however extremely dull and add nothing new to the “space”

SNARK SITE!

Their personalities are as boring as their looks.

I said what I said.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Anyone listen to the latest bestie hotline? I was always a little defensive of Gem & Revs, I’m an OG listener and have loved them honestly.

But listening to this gave me major WTF. Gem recommending withholding sex when a husband is growing a mustache against the wife's wishes… what in the absolute manipulation?! Bordering on a form of coercive control… Just absolute ick.

I turned it off and stopped listening and then cancelled my subscription.

Anyone listen to the latest bestie hotline? I was always a little defensive of Gem & Revs, I’m an OG listener and have loved them honestly.

But listening to this gave me major WTF. Gem recommending withholding sex when a husband is growing a mustache against the wife's wishes… what in the absolute manipulation?! Bordering on a form of coercive control… Just absolute ick.

I turned it off and stopped listening and then cancelled my subscription.
Yeeeees, I kept waiting for her to laugh but when she didn't I was a bit horrified.

Reactions: 2
I used to like the outspoken podcast for some light listening. The episodes are so short now and now they’ve put their normal podcast behind a paywall? Yeah I’ll just get my gossip directly from tattle now.

Reactions: 7
Why does outspoken think I care about Victoria Beckham? I just want to listen to a light hearted vanilla analysis of pop culture 😩 Will their “normal” episodes be behind a paywall now? Way to lose followers!

Why does outspoken think I care about Victoria Beckham? I just want to listen to a light hearted vanilla analysis of pop culture 😩 Will their “normal” episodes be behind a paywall now? Way to lose followers!
Agree! If I want a “Deep Dive” on a certain person/topic I will seek that out for someone FAR more reputable, with far better opinions/knowledge than those 3 idiots!

I was at the Australian Podcast Awards on Tuesday night - hosted by Matty J and the guy he does Two Doting Dads with. What a cringefest - I think almost all of the laughs they got were out of pity or discomfort. Victoria Devine won and then and acted like she was being reunited with a long lost lover greeting Matt and Ash on stage; the WDHTFT girls stuck in a corner for the first part and didn’t talk to anyone but each other (maybe because Gemma was sick) and left almost the second their name wasn’t called in the Listeners Choice category. Life Uncut won one, Matt accepted because the girls weren’t there and he went totally overboard, but they were finally dethroned as Listeners Choice winners which was taken out by Basically Besties. Lack lustre night all round but a few really solid proper industry pods won which was nice. The crowning glory was that in the middle of the awards ceremony they played a clip, in the style of The Oscars ‘in memorium’ video, that paid tribute to the one industry single handedly propping up the podcast industry (forget all the hard workers from the ABC, SBS, iHeart radio and the indie production companies in the audience) Reality TV and then showed a montage of all the reality star with podcasts and the shows the came from. Cringe.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I was at the Australian Podcast Awards on Tuesday night - hosted by Matty J and the guy he does Two Doting Dads with. What a cringefest - I think almost all of the laughs they got were out of pity or discomfort. Victoria Devine won and then and acted like she was being reunited with a long lost lover greeting Matt and Ash on stage; the WDHTFT girls stuck in a corner for the first part and didn’t talk to anyone but each other (maybe because Gemma was sick) and left almost the second their name wasn’t called in the Listeners Choice category. Life Uncut won one, Matt accepted because the girls weren’t there and he went totally overboard, but they were finally dethroned as Listeners Choice winners which was taken out by Basically Besties. Lack lustre night all round but a few really solid proper industry pods won which was nice. The crowning glory was that in the middle of the awards ceremony they played a clip, in the style of The Oscars ‘in memorium’ video, that paid tribute to the one industry single handedly propping up the podcast industry (forget all the hard workers from the ABC, SBS, iHeart radio and the indie production companies in the audience) Reality TV and then showed a montage of all the reality star with podcasts and the shows the came from. Cringe.
Aren't these self nominated awards?

Reactions: 3
Aren't these self nominated awards?
Not exactly, you have to submit your work for consideration and then there’s judges that pick the shortlist nominees and winners. So it’s a bit of a weird award, and no one in the industry takes it hugely seriously.

Reactions: 8
The WDHTFT ladies thought they had it in the absolute bag. Spent the best of two days getting ready for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.