Australian Pop Culture and Influencer Podcasts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else think Outspoken are so obsessed with love island/Uk influencers? Or am I old? Every ep has a whole segment on saffron barker, Molly Mae, Anastasia kings north (no idea who these people are but they sound so annoying)

Reactions: 14
I recall seeing a post on tattle where the outspoken girls said they might have to start a Patreon cos they weren't getting enough money just from the podcast?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Thats a bit harsh, the outspoken girls all do have actual careers unlike majority other podcasters
Thanks for your opinion. I'm entitled to mine and do not feel like I need to pay money via Patreon or any other means so people can have a side gig in Podcasting.

Reactions: 9
Can we discuss other podcasts too? Like life uncut? The mums edit etc

I really used to love my podcasts -outspoken is probably the only one I still listen to regularly but agree the girls can be a bit annoying I suppose for lack of a better word

so dramatic was good when they first launched but now MP seems really arrogant also she has been reporting on SC lots but just seems to run with whatever she is told without properly investigating it

Megan Pustetto of So Dramatic really, really annoys me. She pumps out the same stories over and over again, with zero facts, all of the clickbait, and seems intent on being the 'it girl' based on whoever is popular at the time!

She claims to be a 'journalist' but has no journalistic ethics or integrity, and her reporting is very much on par with the Daily Fail wannabes.

Reactions: 17
Anyone else think Outspoken are so obsessed with love island/Uk influencers? Or am I old? Every ep has a whole segment on saffron barker, Molly Mae, Anastasia kings north (no idea who these people are but they sound so annoying)
Yes! They are so up Saffron Barkers arse! Their latest ep was basically them just replaying the entirety of Saffrons latest podcast episode! If I wanted to listen to her/watch her YouTube I’d go do that!

Shameless girls have really lost their way lately. The scandal episodes are so boring
Agree! I haven’t listened in months! I’m not that much older than them but I find the gaps in their “pop culture” to be so huge sometimes! I’m like where have you been that you don’t know about xyz

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Megan Pustetto of So Dramatic really, really annoys me. She pumps out the same stories over and over again, with zero facts, all of the clickbait, and seems intent on being the 'it girl' based on whoever is popular at the time!

She claims to be a 'journalist' but has no journalistic ethics or integrity, and her reporting is very much on par with the Daily Fail wannabes.

She’s also the biggest virtue signaller around. There’s never a pure intention behind anything she does IMO. And there’s always so much bias in her “reporting” (eg, her blatant disdain for Abbie Chatfield).

The way her “minions” blindly follow her and go for the throat of anyone who dare disagrees with her is also unsettling.

She’s absolutely full of tit half the time

She’s also the biggest virtue signaller around. There’s never a pure intention behind anything she does IMO. And there’s always so much bias in her “reporting” (eg, her blatant disdain for Abbie Chatfield).

The way her “minions” blindly follow her and go for the throat of anyone who dare disagrees with her is also unsettling.
I’m getting so sick to her nonsense over Olive & Dom from Mafs 😂

Reactions: 4
Yes! I have been waiting for a thread like this for ages.

I have really gone off Shamless the past few months. I’m all for intelligent, nuanced discussions about pop culture, but it has turned into preachy, self righteous drivel. I’d actually probably still listen to Zara, she comes across and intelligent and considered, but Michelle is insufferable with her condescending, one dimensional takes.

And don’t get me started on the Prince Andrew Scandal episode debacle which they handled so poorly 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 18
Any examples? I assume you don't mean the outspoken girls or so dramatic. They would love to be influencers
The shameless girls - mainly MA over ZM.
The Mums Edit - those girls are starting to try but being a small Adelaide podcast not sure how they will go - and it’s not all of them
VD from SOTM podcast

I reckon the outspoken girls and MP from SD would in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented

Britt from Life uncut - she seems to be gallivanting after a life in the spotlight

I don’t think there is anything wrong with it as such, I’m just from a “traditional” upbringing - taught to study, pursue what I want and have that to fall back on which a lot of these girls have also - I just personally couldn’t imagine pursuing influence - but it’s also not me/I couldn’t sell stuff or give code unless I truely believe in it - and I think influencers take that away

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.