Australian Pop Culture and Influencer Podcasts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Outspoken talking about men getting a vasectomy in a conversation about men getting penis enlargements. Like wtf?
worlds apart

Reactions: 2
Outspoken talking about men getting a vasectomy in a conversation about men getting penis enlargements. Like wtf?
worlds apart
They don’t know what they’re talking about 99% of the time! 🙄🙄

Reactions: 4
I really have enjoyed everybody has a secret in the past but this season is terrible. Ep 1 I turned off because it was so vapid and if the secret is even real the listener needs deep therapy. This week a “husband” wrote in but I’m convinced it’s fake

I really have enjoyed everybody has a secret in the past but this season is terrible. Ep 1 I turned off because it was so vapid and if the secret is even real the listener needs deep therapy. This week a “husband” wrote in but I’m convinced it’s fake
Omg I agree with this!!! This season sucks! I loved this pod and that there was always a twist
Now they’re just boring. Not secrets as such. And yeh a husband wrote in… yeh, ok, sure he did 😂

Jayde Couldwell from Beyond the Bump Insta story-ing while driving. Unbelievable. These people.
I thought she was slightly more intelligent than a lot of influencers discussed here. Apparently not. I’m posting this in the Australian influencers thread, what a head

Reactions: 5
Shameless is a rip off of several other scandal series - British scandal, you’re wrong about and the whole podcast is a total rip off of the high low.
not sure the world needs another deep dive into Victoria Beckham.
everyone seems to be doing profiles now, infamous etc. they are cheap and easy to make and popular.

Reactions: 6
More of the same. Need some original ideas. And I don’t think they’ll do it particularly well.

Shameless is a rip off of several other scandal series - British scandal, you’re wrong about and the whole podcast is a total rip off of the high low.
not sure the world needs another deep dive into Victoria Beckham.
everyone seems to be doing profiles now, infamous etc. they are cheap and easy to make and popular.
Agreed their podcast has been ripped from the British versions from the beginning but I do like that at least they have the differential of having the Aussie take on topics whereas the outspoken girls will just be a literal copy and paste of shameless and boring to say the least

Reactions: 10
Agreed their podcast has been ripped from the British versions from the beginning but I do like that at least they have the differential of having the Aussie take on topics whereas the outspoken girls will just be a literal copy and paste of shameless and boring to say the least
Also these types of deep dives are being done on Tiktok by so many people and some do it really well. It seems to work better there as a visual I’m not sure a podcast would be that interesting. Plus everything is just able to be Googled. Boring!

Reactions: 1
Echoing everyone else’s sentiment that yup, done before, will be nothing original, those girls have absolutely no valid opinions/knowledge of pop culture in general etc etc
….also I personally know everything I need to know about people I’m interested in already!

To quote one of them from today’s pod (who knows which one! 🤷‍♀️
Re - Olivia Roger’s new podcast
“Just what we need, another podcast with people interviewing their influencer friends!”
…..uh pot kettle black much??

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Echoing everyone else’s sentiment that yup, done before, will be nothing original, those girls have absolutely no valid opinions/knowledge of pop culture in general etc etc
….also I personally know everything I need to know about people I’m interested in already!

To quote one of them from today’s pod (who knows which one! 🤷‍♀️
Re - Olivia Roger’s new podcast
“Just what we need, another podcast with people interviewing their influencer friends!”
…..uh pot kettle black much??
They are just deflecting knowing it will no doubt get more listens over their vanilla suck ass poddy.

Reactions: 2
I recently found another aussie podcast which does similar deep dives on pop culture but more niche Internet stuff. It's called Infinite Scroll. They just did one on Emma chamberlain's podcast and the backlash around it. Shameless touched on it but it was very basic surface-level "the backlash is just misogny" analysis.

Almost scared to suggest Infinite Scroll in case anyone doesn't like it or has tea on the hosts :ROFLMAO:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.