Australian Pop Culture and Influencer Podcasts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this a Melbourne accent? I’ve noticed she speaks with a different accent but thought it might be a Melbourne city girl thing
As a Melbourne city girl with a bit of a Melbourne accent. Zara is next level. I find her accent insane. She rolls every R. It’s weird.

Reactions: 10
As a Melbourne city girl with a bit of a Melbourne accent. Zara is next level. I find her accent insane. She rolls every R. It’s weird.
even I took notice of it last ep, i think it was particularly strong!!

Reactions: 1
Was listening to Outspoken this morning and they really do think they’re like “influencer level” famous hey!
The latest one to have her hens do, Sophie(?) sounds like such a punish/bridezilla! I’d hate to be the other two and have to organise that!
And of course they went in to bat for Loz Curtis!
Girls, don’t worry NONE of these iNfLuEnZaS are listening to your pod! You don’t need to suck up! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Was listening to Outspoken this morning and they really do think they’re like “influencer level” famous hey!
The latest one to have her hens do, Sophie(?) sounds like such a punish/bridezilla! I’d hate to be the other two and have to organise that!
And of course they went in to bat for Loz Curtis!
Girls, don’t worry NONE of these iNfLuEnZaS are listening to your pod! You don’t need to suck up! 😂
Have they finally surfaced from Sarah's Days asshole!?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
After scrolling the feck through podcast nominees (they were one from bottom) I found the answer. Sadly I didn’t have time for this either.
B2575981-CE9B-4C83-8727-07576FCBECA3.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Did anyone watch the WDHTFT Christmas thing?
I had a twinges of FOMO for not watching. But I couldn’t bring myself to. They have been annoying the duck out of me.
Also re:Gemma don’t you think the photos she posted of her husbands injury last week were a bit too graphic and personal. It was legit every angle. These influencers seem to forget about how wide and public their audience is.

Reactions: 5
Why is it that both Kate Revz and Gemma Pranita only have white friends? Gives me the ick when I see influencers like that in this day and age.

Reactions: 5
Just here to rant about Victoria Devine.
firstly, she is a VERY annoying pregnant person. She has been pregnant forever and bangs on about it constantly. Every outfit is centred on her bump, every comment - oh I’m puffed after walking up to the front door etc. you are not the first pregnant woman. You will not be the first parent. Seriously, I’m happy you’re happy but stop boring me. While it is just irritating to me, I imagine she is being the kind of pregnant woman that anyone going through fertility treatment or pregnancy related trauma has to unfollow.

Next, she has to be a millionaire by now and it irks me so much that she so so grabby with gifted things. You can afford it all Victoria. Gets some class. It’s just so disappointing. I really liked her podcast when she started. I thought she had her priorities right and was giving helpful, sound advice. I used to like the money diaries when they were more mixed. Yes some people killing it but others managing to get out of debt but basically living modestly etc. i had to stop listening when it seemed that ever one was a 20 year old with 100 000 in the bank and 4 properties.

She’s VERY consumerist and it’s pissing me off more and more. Same goes for shameless girls going on about Skims, an unsustainable brand, and new outfits constantly. No mention of attempting to avoid fast and unsustainable fashion. I don’t want constant virtue signalling but it would be nice if some of these women had some ethics, lived by them and promoted them.
Also major face filter on the go in today’s story by VD.

Reactions: 25
firstly, she is a VERY annoying pregnant person. She has been pregnant forever and bangs on about it constantly. Every outfit is centred on her bump, every comment - oh I’m puffed after walking up to the front door etc. you are not the first pregnant woman. You will not be the first parent. Seriously, I’m happy you’re happy but stop boring me. While it is just irritating to me, I imagine she is being the kind of pregnant woman that anyone going through fertility treatment or pregnancy related trauma has to unfollow.

Next, she has to be a millionaire by now and it irks me so much that she so so grabby with gifted things. You can afford it all Victoria. Gets some class. It’s just so disappointing. I really liked her podcast when she started. I thought she had her priorities right and was giving helpful, sound advice. I used to like the money diaries when they were more mixed. Yes some people killing it but others managing to get out of debt but basically living modestly etc. i had to stop listening when it seemed that ever one was a 20 year old with 100 000 in the bank and 4 properties.

She’s VERY consumerist and it’s pissing me off more and more. Same goes for shameless girls going on about Skims, an unsustainable brand, and new outfits constantly. No mention of attempting to avoid fast and unsustainable fashion. I don’t want constant virtue signalling but it would be nice if some of these women had some ethics, lived by them and promoted them.
She is so, so tone deaf. I agree with her about spending according to your budget, values and goals but it is so out of touch for her to constantly flaunt her wealth at a time where her own followers are feeling the cost of living pressures.

Examples like the DeLuXe pReMiUm reno, imported ice maker and cot, two Mercedes cars (that she HAD to show the "two separate recall notices for two separate cars), complaining about painting her house getting messy while wearing Cartier, Van Cleef and Arpels and a tennis bracelet, getting her hair done more than literally anybody ever and doing a "fit check" where her colleague is wearing Kmart and Vicky D is wearing Chanel shoes and a top that must have cost more than $500.

It's so disgusting to see when so many of her followers - you know, the ones who are the reason she can even afford such luxuries - are turning to podcasts like hers because they're doing it tough.

Reactions: 16

Victoria is the ultimate shopper. She seems addicted to spending and loves designer goods (Hermes throw, VCA bracelet etc) which is interesting given the majority of her followers are not wealthy.
I'm wondering what her followers think of all her spending?!

The Shameless girls have always been privileged and get gifted a lot of the clothing they promote. I listened to their latest podcast - why don't they edit out the constant laughter & snorting?

Reactions: 15
Vicky D is now basically selling a life coaching course, I'm embarrassed for her 😱
Wow. Who wants to be like Vicky D?? Seriously? Her money and investment advice has been great but listeners put up with Vicki D to get the advice. They do not want to be her. Remember when she asked for her listeners to volunteer their labour and wrk for nothing filling thousands of gift bags for a live show? WTAF?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.