Australian Pop Culture and Influencer Podcasts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any DLs here and finding the we don’t have time for this podcast INCREDIBLY boring lately? It’s just Gemma saying groundbreaking things like “listen to vampire, it’s a banger” and Kate Revs shitting on all of her ideas but saying nothing of interest herself.
I havn't been able to listen for the longest time. They're become so unrelatable and boring.

Reactions: 1
Victoria Devine and her team are in New York & celebrated Thanksgiving. She got the following message:

IMG_20231016_192648.jpg

I don't know much about Thanksgiving- but the response - Victoria is never wrong!

Anyone else get the impression she has no friends which is why she goes away with her employees?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Victoria Devine and her team are in New York & celebrated Thanksgiving. She got the following message:

View attachment 2513186
I don't know much about Thanksgiving- but the response - Victoria is never wrong!

Anyone else get the impression she has no friends which is why she goes away with her employees?
I do feel that VD would be like a lot of people in that unless you have looked into the history of the holiday, it just seems like a celebrated day (it could be how other non Australian residents view AUstralia day without understanding it’sbackground) I don’t know heaps about thanksgiving except that one time in history at school we looked at “troublesome” holiday occasions around the world.
she is whiteAF privilege

Reactions: 6
I celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving and omg just let me enjoy a meal with my family and friends where we celebrate and practice gratitude.

I agree - I don't think she has many friends other than paid friends. If she speaks the way that she does on the podcast and flaunts her wealth to people in real life it isn't hard to see how people would be put off.

Reactions: 3
There’s no denying the Shameless girls have great chemistry together, but god I’d love a podcast with Zara and a different cohost. Zara usually contributes considered, interesting takes on their stories, whilst Michelle is all “yeahhh” “it’s giving…..” “snort snort snort”.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
There’s no denying the Shameless girls have great chemistry together, but god I’d love a podcast with Zara and a different cohost. Zara usually contributes considered, interesting takes on their stories, whilst Michelle is all “yeahhh” “it’s giving…..” “snort snort snort”.
The snorting was out of control this week, it was making me hyperventilate I swear 😂

Reactions: 9
The snorting was out of control this week, it was making me hyperventilate I swear 😂
I was surprised Michelle gave a shout out to Big Small Talk. I had a look at their production company and listened to a few episodes and it’s very good. Considered, intelligent and not afraid to go into difficult topics. A lot more serious than shameless and I while I don’t think it’s direct competition, it is perhaps indication of a new direction for some producers and listeners. It makes shameless seem very fluffy by comparison.

It also made me realise how saturated the light, chatty pop-culture-for-smart-women is and how many of these podcasts stay well away from anything controversial. both shameless and the high low covered more political and difficult topics at the start but then steered away as more money can be made when it’s light and, let’s face it, it’s easier. The shameless girls don’t have the research or pronunciation skills to tackle anything too nuanced in the news.

I wondered if Michelle’s recommendation was her trying very hard to prove to herself that she was ok with this new podcast when I don’t think she is at all. I need to listen again but I don’t think her rec said anything super positive about the podcast contents , she just broadly recommended it. I may well be inventing this scenario in my head but I think this podcast has rattled the girls and made them slightly embarrassed about their contribution and weather they really put out ‘smart women who love dumb stuff content’ .

Finally, I think they were mean to Annabelle about her comment re the AI kendel Jenner etc. I thought the same. Why make them in complete likeness and then change the name? So weird.

Reactions: 8
What has Michelle done to her face/lips ? She looks so different and on today’s stories can’t even speak properly. I think it’s lip filler ?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What has Michelle done to her face/lips ? She looks so different and on today’s stories can’t even speak properly. I think it’s lip filler ?
Michelle Andrews? She dyed her hair brown- looks so much better than the blonde - is she a natural blonde?

Reactions: 3
I was surprised Michelle gave a shout out to Big Small Talk. I had a look at their production company and listened to a few episodes and it’s very good. Considered, intelligent and not afraid to go into difficult topics. A lot more serious than shameless and I while I don’t think it’s direct competition, it is perhaps indication of a new direction for some producers and listeners. It makes shameless seem very fluffy by comparison.

It also made me realise how saturated the light, chatty pop-culture-for-smart-women is and how many of these podcasts stay well away from anything controversial. both shameless and the high low covered more political and difficult topics at the start but then steered away as more money can be made when it’s light and, let’s face it, it’s easier. The shameless girls don’t have the research or pronunciation skills to tackle anything too nuanced in the news.

I wondered if Michelle’s recommendation was her trying very hard to prove to herself that she was ok with this new podcast when I don’t think she is at all. I need to listen again but I don’t think her rec said anything super positive about the podcast contents , she just broadly recommended it. I may well be inventing this scenario in my head but I think this podcast has rattled the girls and made them slightly embarrassed about their contribution and weather they really put out ‘smart women who love dumb stuff content’ .

Finally, I think they were mean to Annabelle about her comment re the AI kendel Jenner etc. I thought the same. Why make them in complete likeness and then change the name? So weird.
I was very surprised at this recommendation and also somewhat surprised they didn’t seem to know much about Hannah Ferguson of Cheek Media? Hannah is an absolute powerhouse in my opinion, founded her own media company at about 20 and now at 23 has a bestselling book as well. She does absolutely INCREDIBLE work and discusses all sorts of issues prevalent to women, humanity, Aus politics, larger global issues and also lots of light hearted stuff around sex positivity and much more. She would run rings around both the Shameless girls intellectually.

Reactions: 17
The shameless girls don’t have the research or pronunciation skills to tackle anything too nuanced in the news.
I am so glad that I'm not the only person who has noticed this. One of the reasons I stopped listening to Outspoken was their poor pronunciation of people's names and other words that are easily able to be researched and practiced if you don't know how to say them. The main reason I stopped was because they were boring.

I like listening to Shameless, but it friends my gears whenever they try to pronounce anything in french - eg saying Benjamin Millepied as "millipede" 🐛 when that's blatantly wrong and easy to find guides on pronunciation, such as oh I don't know, a YouTube interview of him saying his own name. Then in the Ariana Grande episode this week they said "mille tendresses" - talking about a tattoo of the phrase - as "meal ten-dressies" when it's more like "mee tohn dress". It is something so minor but it really makes it look unprofessional and careless in my opinion.

Reactions: 7
I am so glad that I'm not the only person who has noticed this. One of the reasons I stopped listening to Outspoken was their poor pronunciation of people's names and other words that are easily able to be researched and practiced if you don't know how to say them. The main reason I stopped was because they were boring.

I like listening to Shameless, but it friends my gears whenever they try to pronounce anything in french - eg saying Benjamin Millepied as "millipede" 🐛 when that's blatantly wrong and easy to find guides on pronunciation, such as oh I don't know, a YouTube interview of him saying his own name. Then in the Ariana Grande episode this week they said "mille tendresses" - talking about a tattoo of the phrase - as "meal ten-dressies" when it's more like "mee tohn dress". It is something so minor but it really makes it look unprofessional and careless in my opinion.
Can confirm the Outspoken thirst monsters are still booooring and have teeeerible pronunciation 🙄🙄
I obviously hate myself because I can’t stop subjecting myself to their “dose of the hottest pop culture and influencer news twice a week” 🥴🫠🥴🫠🥴🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 11
YES they are often mean to Annabelle. I thought the same thing a while ago when they were laughing at her trying to describe Imogen Heap’s musical gloves. They always seem to laugh down at her and then maybe offer a poxy apology online the next day or so 🙄

Reactions: 11
Seems so weird that they have Annabelle there but not there? Like she’s not in the episode really but just is a bit? Is it so they don’t seem like two privileged white girls? And yes Michelle said previously she’s had Botox and fillers and you can see it.

Reactions: 7
Seems so weird that they have Annabelle there but not there? Like she’s not in the episode really but just is a bit? Is it so they don’t seem like two privileged white girls? And yes Michelle said previously she’s had Botox and fillers and you can see it.
I've always thought this as well. NFI why Annabel is there.

And agree, Michelle's face is insane, she doesn't look at all like herself.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.