Australian Pop Culture and Influencer Podcasts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hadn't heard of her either but found she has a wiki and threads here: https://tattle.life/wiki/grace-beverley
Just read the wiki too. She sounds like an idiot. Not surprised they have no issue with her. They are pretty privileged themselves. Don’t mind the private school etc but do mind the ‘I’ve worked so hard to get to where I am’. Bore off. Most people work really hard and will work really hard for their whole lives and still not get the opportunity to drastically change anything in their lives. Most people also will never have the opportunity to work in a creative industry which basically requires you to be very privileged to begin with (e.g the means to live in a major city while working as an intern, the contacts to get the internship in the first place etc never mind everything that comes after that). The Hansel was girls both come from pretty comfortable backgrounds and had huge opportunities at a v young age. That doesn’t just come from hard work.

The high low girls were the same.

Reactions: 5
Zara and Michelle are very upper middle class. Zara I think more than Michelle. She was private school, Michelle I think was public but well heeled South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Both are very conventional looking. Both did comms degrees and then went to Mamamia. They are super privileged. Nice enough girls! But not exactly battlers lol

Reactions: 10
Zara and Michelle are very upper middle class. Zara I think more than Michelle. She was private school, Michelle I think was public but well heeled South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Both are very conventional looking. Both did comms degrees and then went to Mamamia. They are super privileged. Nice enough girls! But not exactly battlers lol
agreed, i think it says a lot that zara was school captain and dux at haileybury

• Wow
Reactions: 7
She also has the most Maaaahlbun accent I’ve ever heard- I have one myself but it’s nothing like Zara’s. She rolls her R’s!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm not the OP, but a dux is the student with the highest study score, and Haileybury is a top academic school. So she'd be bright!

Reactions: 4
Osher Gunsberg has great guests on but I just can't get through an episode as he talks so much about himself! His monologues about himself go on forever and he constantly interrupts his guests

Reactions: 6
I’m glad that Zara was emphatic about voting Yes on today’s show. The other two stayed quiet though which I thought was weird.

Reactions: 7
Any DLs here and finding the we don’t have time for this podcast INCREDIBLY boring lately? It’s just Gemma saying groundbreaking things like “listen to vampire, it’s a banger” and Kate Revs shitting on all of her ideas but saying nothing of interest herself.

Reactions: 3
Any DLs here and finding the we don’t have time for this podcast INCREDIBLY boring lately? It’s just Gemma saying groundbreaking things like “listen to vampire, it’s a banger” and Kate Revs shitting on all of her ideas but saying nothing of interest herself.
I stopped listening a while ago because Gemma was coming off as so self righteous 😅

Reactions: 1
Yes! I couldn’t get through the episode. I’m finding Revz more annoying than Gem at this stage, which I didn’t think was possible.

Are you in the FB group? Some of the posts that go up in there….I just wonder so much about people who divulge so much of their personal lives in random FB mum group pages lol.

Reactions: 2
Anyone following the Laura Byrne v clementine saga? It has really put me off Laura. Just say it was not the best idea, apologise and move on (Matty apologise and not her). Going on and on about how he is such a great dad and husband etc. give it a rest. I’m getting really sick of this new breed of so called feminist, progressive podcasters and influencers who are only those things to build the brand. Shutting off comments and shutting down commentary about their actions is really crap. Why can’t some people just admit when they’ve stuffed up?

Reactions: 20
Anyone following the Laura Byrne v clementine saga? It has really put me off Laura. Just say it was not the best idea, apologise and move on (Matty apologise and not her). Going on and on about how he is such a great dad and husband etc. give it a rest. I’m getting really sick of this new breed of so called feminist, progressive podcasters and influencers who are only those things to build the brand. Shutting off comments and shutting down commentary about their actions is really crap. Why can’t some people just admit when they’ve stuffed up?

I've never been a huge fan of either Laura or Matty (didn't watch the Bachelor), but I agree it's not been a good look for them.

Reactions: 5
Yes agree 100%. Matty being the worlds best dad (🙄) is irrelevant to how crappy the reel was.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Re: Gemma Peanut’s podcast - she spent 20 minutes (!!!!!) going on about that Olivia Rodrigo album. She is insufferable. I think it must be an undisclosed ad for Spotify. They have recently done some work with Spotify and the chat would definitely make their listeners want to stream it. Then the chat about the period cups, it’s all just one huge ad now or they are fishing for freebies.
And Kate, lay off the Botox. You literally can’t move your face. I am astounded you had another appt yesterday.

Reactions: 3
I couldn't get past the first EPISODE when it came out years ago. They are both incredibly boring people.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.