Australian Influencers #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's tragic. I wonder what changed for the Dr to say she's fine to give birth at home? Or if she just said that as maybe a way of reassuring her followers she was making the right decision (which sadly it wasn't).

I think they had been recommending a c-section but when the placenta moved they said they were happy to leave her to go into spontaneous labour (preferably after in-hospital monitoring).

She used the wording that suited her story. I'm not sure any Obgyn's actively encourage a homebirth.

Reactions: 8
I think they had been recommending a c-section but when the placenta moved they said they were happy to leave her to go into spontaneous labour (preferably after in-hospital monitoring).

She used the wording that suited her story. I'm not sure any Obgyn's actively encourage a homebirth.
Ah that makes sense. I wonder if people who choose to freebirth really understand the risks or are too immersed in the "your body is made to do this" and "trust your body" slogans.

I also don't get such extremes. You can have a doula attend your birth in a hospital, you can try to get into a hospital with a birth pool etc. Not every hospital birth is packed full of interventions, and the ones that are can be lifesaving. I've had a few friends have successful homebirths, another had a failed one who ended up needing an emergency C-section which saved her and her baby.

This lady had so many risk factors but was surrounded by a community of people who think they know better than medical professionals. I wonder what people of the freebirth community think of this, whether it's opened their eyes to the risk, or whether this poor woman didn't "trust" her body enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
My second birth was an accidental homebirth and while it was lovely and I preferred it to my hospital birth - I wouldn't do it again.

I also had paramedics standing right there ready just in case. I was very anxious until they walked in.

Anyone else see this?
What a load of crap
The only before photo she showed is immediately after giving birth then her after image is wearing active wear and stretching out the band of her shorts to show weight loss?
This woman is such a con, zero transparency whatsoever

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Was it a home birth or a free birth? I can’t imagine any qualified midwife agreeing to assist on a home birth when she had so many complications. Very very sad. Wishing the best for her family.

Reactions: 13
She had talked about freebirthing but not outright said she was planning to. But was definitely having a homebirth, so it's possible freebirthing was her plan.

She may have said she was freebirthing but I can't see it now 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Anyone else find it odd that Raja asked ‘How old is Denim?’ Instead of dad? Or does he always call him that? I mostly skip through her stories but sometimes stop in for a sticky beak.
Not sure that Denim is Raja's dad... isn't he only the dad of the youngest 1 or 2? Honestly, I've lost track 😂

Reactions: 1

Those insta highlights are so rough to see. Could have been so preventable.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
She has #freebirth and #wildbirth as tags on her pregnancy photos, and no mention of a midwife. So basically the most extreme version of homebirths.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
The unvaxxed milk part does bother me though because why would that even be important to them right now? For them to be even worried about this at this stage shows how deluded they are and how married they are to their stupid convictions that they will still hold on to this when it’s clear their decisions so far have lead to this woman’s death.
(Not to mention the fact that the vaccine would have long left any donor’s body so their milk would be identical to anyone else’s but clearly these people don’t believe that)
It’s heartbreaking that they are in this situation and it was so preventable. The mistrust of the medical professionals and the influence of idiots who think this sort of birth is “better” than one in a hospital. It’s deadly now.
I agree it’s strange to worry about it. Breast milk in general would be wonderful for baby. Such a frustrating story.

Reactions: 11
She has #freebirth and #wildbirth as tags on her pregnancy photos, and no mention of a midwife. So basically the most extreme version of homebirths.
She's a total idiot and unfortunately her kids are the ones who have to live with her stupid and selfish decision.
I saw another post on her page about how her friend was diagnosed with cancer and she encouraged her to come and live with her to try natural therapies - these people are so anti modern medicine it's scary.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
I read the article which announced a mother had died, and it said the doula that was present didn't know cpr. I don't know how accurate that was though.

Her poor girls. They seemed like a loving family. The older girls will feel the loss so acutely.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
She's a total idiot and unfortunately her kids are the ones who have to live with her stupid and selfish decision.
I saw another post on her page about how her friend was diagnosed with cancer and she encouraged her to come and live with her to try natural therapies - these people are so anti modern medicine it's scary.
That friend ended up dying. Only a week ago which is very freaky and sad

• Sad
I read the article which announced a mother had died, and it said the doula that was present didn't know cpr. I don't know how accurate that was though.

Her poor girls. They seemed like a loving family. The older girls will feel the loss so acutely.
That one is a different case, was in WA, this one was Sunshine Coast.

Reactions: 2
This absolutely heartbreaking. 😞
So awful. I hope the children have adequate mental health support, I can’t imagine the trauma they’d be going through- especially if they were there and witnessed the event. Will this open the eyes of any northern rivers/ sunny coast hippies, or will they say it was her divine timing?

Reactions: 15
So awful. I hope the children have adequate mental health support, I can’t imagine the trauma they’d be going through- especially if they were there and witnessed the event. Will this open the eyes of any northern rivers/ sunny coast hippies, or will they say it was her divine timing?
This is so sad. It appears her husband has been around maybe 4 years? Not sure where her eldest 2 father is but hopefully they have stability & support. 😞

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.