Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

therealsmilf

VIP Member
I just posted this in the Ashy Bines thread:

I have some mutual friends of the sunshine coast yoga teacher - if you look at her IG page and her pregnancy highlights, she was advised by the doctors to stay in hospital for monitoring, in the last 2 weeks. She declined, and had been talking about free birthing and was having a homebirth.

They are obviously unvaccinated too.

I think its so so sad that she has died. But she left behind 3 children and a husband, and her decisions were so irresponsible. I feel awful for her family but this was probably very preventable and its unlikely the family will come out and say they made a bad decision and should have been in hospital.

The fact that the baby's mothers died is heart-breaking, but that they are now asking for unvaxxed BM makes me feel ill. After everything they have been through, I would think they would just be grateful to have a healthy baby - and would feed it any kind of breastmilk. I get the husband might be in shock but the whole thing feels a bit icky....

• Wow
Reactions: 50

Don't_ask_what_I_drive

I saw an influencer in the wild today - danniirodgers having breakfast with her husband, kids and another couple and kid. It’s so bizarre to see a stranger in public and know their name, their husband’s name, their kid’s name, their personal medical information and SO much more. I can’t even imagine doing that to my family.
I had this exact thought a few weeks ago. I was at the doctor getting my flu vax and while I was waiting for the 15 minutes after it, an influencer's husband and child came into the waiting room. I sat across from him and the visibly ill child and felt an internal horror that I knew both their names, where he worked, where the child went to school, what their living room looked like on the child's birthday, what they have for tea a couple of times a week, even the brand of vibrator the wife keeps beside her bed 🙈 It actually freaked me out. Do any of them ever consider this?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49

uglyguccislides

I saw an influencer in the wild today - danniirodgers having breakfast with her husband, kids and another couple and kid. It’s so bizarre to see a stranger in public and know their name, their husband’s name, their kid’s name, their personal medical information and SO much more. I can’t even imagine doing that to my family.

• Wow
Reactions: 45

usemycode

VIP Member
I don’t know why more people don’t see the obvious posing and editing that people like Sarah Stevenson and Tammy Hembrow use in their posts and stories post partum (and all the time).
Tammy posted herself in a pair of tiny white undies days after giving birth but forgot that the daily mail had published unedited photos of her very normal post birth belly/body looking NOTHING like the skimpy undies pic.
And of course she then promoted her fucking workout app.
Sarah did the same. They aren’t sharing it to be real or inspiring, they’re trying to make money.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 41

dulcielaroux

First time poster - wow, I’m oddly nervous. I basically came to vent about Erin from LLL and her post tonight. I absolutely understand that as the mother of typical children I will never understand what it’s like to live her life. And maybe this is really petty of me, and I know you’ll let me know if it is - but the hate she has for parents of typical children really angers me. Tonights post mentioned the reprieve she gets when she’s with Tom and not Lulu - and likened it to parents of typical children dropping their kids at daycare so they can get their nails done or have lunch with friends. I think most of us drop our kids at daycare so we can go to work. Our lives may not be anywhere near has difficult as hers is, but we aren’t all sitting in the lap of luxury getting mani/pedis while we sip cocktails by the pool with our friends while our kids are at daycare. I assume this is coming from her being deeply disappointed by friends of hers who do not understand the reality of her life - and I’m sorry that’s been her experience. But parenting isn’t this split between living the trauma of disability or having a grand old time and putting your feet up. I know I just need to unfollow if I’m being triggered by something so small but honestly this was just the straw that broke me - everything that’s been posted about her here so far rings true for me. My heart breaks for them all, especially those babies, but also not all parents of typical kids are out to get you, Erin.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Notamused

The great vaccine debate. I get it - she needs a reason why her beautiful daughter was born with Epilepsy. Unfortunately she will never get one.

There are alot of childhood illnesses and no guarantee you will have a healthy child.

Anyone follow Carly & Tresne on Insta? They were on MKR. They posted a few days ago that there baby Poppy has only been given days or weeks to live. Absolutely devastating.

When i see news like that i am given a quick reality check and reminded that i am in NO position to complain, or whinge or wonder why my son got handed the Autism card.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

justjumpingonhere

Chatty Member
So incredibly sad, I find it so unfathomable that woman choose to do “free birthing”
I’m sure it sounds magical and wonderful but how could commonsense not prevail. Tahnee Yoga or whatever her name is did it and was thankfully ok, but this will give a heap of women confidence to do it. I’ve given birth twice and cannot imagine not having doctor/midwife or hospital intervention if needed there! Very sad outcome, I’m not bothered by them asking for non vaxxed milk, the community will provide it and I’m sure they are just in shock and trying to abide by the mothers wishes. What a horrible situation. Isn’t tays way encouraging free birth? Crazy 😞

The unvaxxed milk part does bother me though because why would that even be important to them right now? For them to be even worried about this at this stage shows how deluded they are and how married they are to their stupid convictions that they will still hold on to this when it’s clear their decisions so far have lead to this woman’s death.
(Not to mention the fact that the vaccine would have long left any donor’s body so their milk would be identical to anyone else’s but clearly these people don’t believe that)
It’s heartbreaking that they are in this situation and it was so preventable. The mistrust of the medical professionals and the influence of idiots who think this sort of birth is “better” than one in a hospital. It’s deadly now.

• Sad
Reactions: 37

sharalandaah

Seems like she was very anti hospital, anti traditional maternity care. Very very sad, her poor poor girls.
I hate, hate, hate this stupid rhetoric around “my body knows what to do” “divine timing” “trust my body”, especially when ANY complications come into play and these women STILL refuse to engage with actual medical professionals. What happened to this woman is a tragedy but also likely quite preventable. The free birth crowd is genuinely terrifying, so anti-science, anti-evidence.

Reactions: 37

BumbleBeeMarmalade

Lauren_verona_yoga

Also this IG story. It's so sad. And most likely preventable

Was her birthing experience more important to her than being around to be a mother?
That's tragic. I wonder what changed for the Dr to say she's fine to give birth at home? Or if she just said that as maybe a way of reassuring her followers she was making the right decision (which sadly it wasn't).

I had an acquaintance who was deep in woo and so distrustful of doctors. She had no scans during pregnancy - because she thought scans harmed the baby - no idea what happened to her and her baby as she deleted me off Facebook when I pointed out I'd had scans during my pregnancies and it was fine. She'd also credited vaginal steaming for getting her pregnant after several years 😬

Also watching those stories what stands out is this belief that because women have been giving birth since the dawn of time that there's no need for medical interventions. I think these people are forgetting that plenty of babies and mothers died. I'm not anti home births or natural remedies but she says that she had many complications, from anaemia to gestational diabetes to a low lying placenta and the baby hasn't engaged yet, and yet she still thought she was a good candidate for a home birth?

I feel so sad for those poor little girls who have lost their mum. In one of the pics it shows affirmations written by her daughters that say things like 'Trust Your Body'. How messed up that they have been fed this rhetoric and then seen their mother die from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 34

justjumpingonhere

Chatty Member
Reading her post about her best friend is also so sad. Seems like she encouraged her to shun traditional medicine too and she ended up dead. So they both died within a couple of weeks of each other by ignoring medical advice. Because they knew better.

I feel so mad. And I’m thinking of the doctors who asked that woman to stay in hospital for only a few days until her birth. They warned her. Three of them asked her to stay and she refused and now she’s dead. That would haunt them. Not their fault in any way but how upsetting would it be to know you tried and she wouldn’t listen.

• Sad
Reactions: 33

Whiskers1

VIP Member
Tammy Hembrow called out Celeste Barber on her latest post and I'm absolutely here for it.
Celeste is the ultimate body shamer but thinks she can hide it behind "humor".

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Yes, I understand that’s how mandatory reporting works. My comment was not, in any way, an explanation of how mandatory reporting works, or intended to address anyone specifically in their capacity as a mandatory reporter. I think surely anyone who is a mandatory reporter would understand that. My point was that I don’t think a single line in an Instagram story by her mother to the effect that they trialled taking the child off a “pharma drug” is necessarily enough for us to assume they did it against medical advice and that they should be reported for it. The “we” that I was referencing was us on this forum. The reason I said I’m not convinced this is a reportable issue is because we have no idea what Luella’s doctors have said about the medication, not because I’m saying that it wouldn’t be a reportable issue if there was concern.

If they are in fact acting against medical advice in relation to her drugs, then I certainly do hope that there are people in Luella’s life, such as her carer or their family, who are questioning them about it and who would act appropriately if there was concern for her welfare.

We know that they have been recommended to pursue the surgery and that they’ve put it off and I don’t agree with that decision personally but that’s another topic.

I’ll just add that I can see how the first line in my original comment could be misinterpreted. My point there was that I feel some caution is warranted on our part before we assume neglect based on one line in an Instagram story. Not that a mandatory reporter should exercise caution if concerned.
We know that Erin constantly acts against medical advice. We know that neurologists don’t like to work with her, we know she’s changed hospitals, she frequently puts a certain hospital down. She frequently puts the medical staff down, complains about everything at the hospital. She blames vaccinations despite just yesterday saying doctors believe it happened in utero. Reality is we are so privileged for our health system and she should be grateful for the access she has to so much help. Especially now with her NDIS funding.

The reality is, if she is so desperate to get reprieve for luella, she would organise that surgery ASAP and she would be keeping her on any and all anti epileptic medication. I personally have not suggested anybody report her, but I find her to be extremely irresponsible and I can imagine that dr’s find her incredibly frustrating and may have even reported her themselves.

As someone with epilepsy on a combination of anti epileptics I can’t imagine my neurologist ever saying let’s just wean one off shall we. Why would they? I’ll be on them for the rest of my life as I have reached seizure control. Luella hasn’t- even more reason not to wean off. I know she has to have breaks in her steroid regime, which she is doing now, so there is NO way the neuro’s would be like ‘now’s a great time to come off some other drugs’ don’t buy it for a second.
When you have a diagnosis like epilepsy, the goal is never to be medication free- it’s not possible- the goal is to be seizure free, every seizure does damage, every seizure stops you driving for longer and longer each time and every seizure could kill you if you are in a dangerous place at the time (driving, stairs, pool, bath). My last seizure I had a severe head injury from falling into tiles and the corner of the kitchen bench (marble slab).

Anyway, I digress, the point is - I don’t believe that any reasonable Dr has said whilst Lu is having a break in her steroids to also take her off other ‘pharma’ - it’s ridiculous. And why would you want to. This again comes down to Erin’s privilege. Some people in the world would do anything for those kinds of medications and any type of relief from their seizures and here’s Erin constantly thinking she know better than Australia’s best neurologists. The mind boggles. Sorry for the rant again, but she really upsets me and my heart breaks for Luella everyday. The best thing that ever happens to Lu was getting that lovely carer from NDIS, she looks so much happier. Erin needs considerable mental health treatment.

• Heart

Hellojanuary

VIP Member
OMG for WEEKs of reading this thread, I’ve thought you all were talking about Celeste Barber every time you mentioned the one we can’t talk about. I thought it was so strange that Celeste had pivoted from comedy to reiki hahahahaha oh wow

And yes, smilf said she was choosing to deactivate for a bit. She said it wouldn’t be long term, and she’d be back

• Haha

Kathy Hiltons Martini

The majority of women do NOT “bounce back” like that after giving birth even the super super fit ones. People who got lucky and bounced back immediately know what they’re doing when they post shit like that. It’s just rubbing salt in people’s wounds. For a lot of women having your body completely change after giving birth is very unsettling even if it does go back to how it was postpartum eventually. Combine that with sleeplessness, stress, your body and time not being your own anymore, hormones.

I don’t even know what Tammy Hembrow sells (workouts? leggings? pictures of her ass?) but she’s a fuckwit for posting that.

• Heart
Reactions: 28