Australian Influencers #13 Lying grifting slobs who complain all day but got no jobs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t believe anything an influencer is selling. Even when they start out “genuine” and say that would never sell anything that they didn’t personally believe in 🙃 i believe very much in the 7 deadly sins and there is a reason that greed is on that list. Greed changes you as a person and will make you do anything for 💰💰

Reactions: 15
I don’t believe anything an influencer is selling. Even when they start out “genuine” and say that would never sell anything that they didn’t personally believe in 🙃 i believe very much in the 7 deadly sins and there is a reason that greed is on that list. Greed changes you as a person and will make you do anything for 💰💰
Me neither. Especially when they share a product first without mentioning the brand because you know the stories will come later with a discount code and claims of so many dm's about said product.

Reactions: 8
She’s pretty bitchy and fast with the block button, but nothing really. Mostly just terrible choices in influencers to support her business. I can see why she had the event and she got lots of stories and tags from all these women that showed up, so it’s a win for her. I can see why local influencers would show up and they seemed to spend less overall (Jessii had a cheap dress, Laura Bentley re-wore something she already owned). I think it’s laughable that these interstate people were so desperate that they paid thousands of dollars in flights, accomodation, expensive new outfits to go to an event that lasted a couple of hours for a small, relatively unheard of candle company.
Yeah, I definitely don’t get the mystique about her brand. I saw her candles shared by mylifeoflove (who I have a great deal of empathy and respect for) a while back and it seems like she’s somehow taken off on the backs of all these influencers.

• Angry
Reactions: 2
i can see how it happens… at first they would be so so picky and only pick brands or products they knew aligned with their brand and their followers needs. But as they do more and more you can see that bar dropping, accepting whatever as long as there’s some connection as they haven’t had too much push back. They get lazy and promote anything, take the money and the whole channel becomes redundant for marketing.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone still follow Mrs Bouw? I'm guessing they've brought a "country house" as weekends lately all seem to outside in a different property?

Reactions: 3
Rachelle Rowlings has had two children in daycare/school for some time and spends her days doing Pilates, attending beauty appointments and making complicated vegan lunches for one.

Where would she be wearing a Gucci suit? 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Does anyone still follow Mrs Bouw? I'm guessing they've brought a "country house" as weekends lately all seem to outside in a different property?
Not sure we can talk about her as she doesn’t monetise her account….

but I do follow her and did wonder that 🤷🏻‍♀️

I unfollowed her, she’s fine but so boring. They probably did buy a country estate tho.

How many times do we have to watch Melissa and Nick dance? 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
She’s pretty bitchy and fast with the block button, but nothing really. Mostly just terrible choices in influencers to support her business. I can see why she had the event and she got lots of stories and tags from all these women that showed up, so it’s a win for her. I can see why local influencers would show up and they seemed to spend less overall (Jessii had a cheap dress, Laura Bentley re-wore something she already owned). I think it’s laughable that these interstate people were so desperate that they paid thousands of dollars in flights, accomodation, expensive new outfits to go to an event that lasted a couple of hours for a small, relatively unheard of candle company.
Exactly this!
I don’t think it’s so much that there’s an “issue” with the event being held to relaunch a business, albeit a little over the top. I think it’s more just grappling with the fact that we now live in a world where this is “work” for some women. As someone who studied for years at university to get an undergraduate degree and then years in the work force working my way up the ranks, when I attended “events” they were things like homelessness, cancer fundraisers. Real world issues! I understand life is different now and social media is a huge part of it… but honestly some of those women spent a small fortune to fly interstate, get hair and makeup done etc. The cost of the event looks on par with some weddings. So yes, while there’s no real “issue” with the whole thing, I personally just can’t get my head around it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Exactly this!
I don’t think it’s so much that there’s an “issue” with the event being held to relaunch a business, albeit a little over the top. I think it’s more just grappling with the fact that we now live in a world where this is “work” for some women. As someone who studied for years at university to get an undergraduate degree and then years in the work force working my way up the ranks, when I attended “events” they were things like homelessness, cancer fundraisers. Real world issues! I understand life is different now and social media is a huge part of it… but honestly some of those women spent a small fortune to fly interstate, get hair and makeup done etc. The cost of the event looks on par with some weddings. So yes, while there’s no real “issue” with the whole thing, I personally just can’t get my head around it.
Not many people can.

Imagine future generations looking back at this absolute fuckery!? The absolute shame.

Reactions: 7
Am I a prude or did anyone cringe at Abbie chatfields stories tonight talking about how easier it is f**king a guy when you have pubes? 🙃🙃🙃🤣🤣🤣

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
She looks so tired and old, complains all the time about her anxiety yet will do the event and all associated activities because it's worth $$$
She annoys me so much, says she doesn’t drink anymore because it adds to her anxiety, yet drinks whenever on holidays ect gloats that she can’t sleep and is up at ridiculous hours or 4am or 3am s might as well start their day. People who need to brag how busy they are, tend to be not so busy

Kmart and a small candle company are very different though. I can’t imagine she paid for anything but the actual event. All those influencers are desperate to get invited to anything and take photos of their vapid lives they will literally fork out money to watch a candle being lit.
I was disappointed to see Louie Luxe there she seems way to sophisticated to attend such an event

Totally agree with you. Abbie's views and commentary are purely self serving, and are tokenism, at best. She is desperate to stay relevant and knows that the more controversial topics will keep her name in the media. She doesn't actually know much about the topics and causes she aligns herself with, and is unwilling to hear any other opinions or perspectives. It's just bizarre to watch from the outside. People like her get trapped in this social media echo chamber of constant need for adulation and validation for their allyship and activism. It's very disingenuous.
I find this comparison of Abbie and Clementine quite bizarre. They’re both women and they’re both feminists, but it’s so strange to pit them against each other like this and be like ‘Clem is better’ or whatever. Abbie is a twentysomething model and comedian who got her start in the media spotlight as the very young, very sexy finalist on the Bachelor. Clementine is 40yo mother, who has been a journalist and writer for well over a decade. Of course her activism is more thought through, of course she’s more mature and less attention-seeking lol. But also if anyone remembers how she was in the early days of having a somewhat public profile, she also had some low points and could be outrageous to try get attention.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.