Australian Influencers #13 Lying grifting slobs who complain all day but got no jobs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not many people can.

Imagine future generations looking back at this absolute fuckery!? The absolute shame.
I’m not so sure about that. There have always been privileged people engaging in frivolous things. We happily watch period dramas about them! Bridgerton, anyone? I’m not suggesting people will want to watch historical dramas about influencers, but I also don’t think that in the scheme of history and the current state of the world, they are that horrific. They should be held to transparency requirements, for sure, and they can be very problematic, but I think they are just a new manifestation of something that’s been around forever.

Reactions: 6
Surely I am not the only one who doesn’t let me bag leave my eyesight in foreign countries (hell even here in Australia).

E24AAE50-18C1-4F85-A47C-86BCD35BDCD1.png

Reactions: 9
probably hasn’t travelled much before? Also..i wouldn’t put it on the floor at my legs. Maybe on my lap? Wouldn’t want it touching the floor..
Totally. Not even judging as I’d be devastated, I just don’t let my bags out of my sight, especially my designer ones.

Reactions: 7
I’m not so sure about that. There have always been privileged people engaging in frivolous things. We happily watch period dramas about them! Bridgerton, anyone? I’m not suggesting people will want to watch historical dramas about influencers, but I also don’t think that in the scheme of history and the current state of the world, they are that horrific. They should be held to transparency requirements, for sure, and they can be very problematic, but I think they are just a new manifestation of something that’s been around forever.
I'm still beyond embarrassed for our future kids.

Imagine telling them that's your 'job' OR them coming home and wanting to do that as a job!?

Firm no.

What’s everyone thoughts on aussi mum vlogger?
Use to like her waaay back in the day and she she is just getting worst (I guess cause she is getting richer?)
Biggest thing that annoys me currently is that she never mentions her friends names except for ashy- is she just trying to get more followers ?
And most of the stuff she sells is so ugly like I don’t understand how Kurt could quit his job
I think her friendship with ashy is just to help her business to grow tbh
I also found out her daughter goes to a religious school which I found very surprising but maybe it’s just the status symbol she wants as it’s private?
Plus why doesn’t she put her kids into daycare more than two days a week if she keeps feeling overwhelmed etc? Like don’t just complain all the time- maybe it’s for the engagement reasons tho haha

Reactions: 1
probably hasn’t travelled much before? Also..i wouldn’t put it on the floor at my legs. Maybe on my lap? Wouldn’t want it touching the floor..
Agree I wouldn’t leave my cheap sportsgirl bag on the floor let alone a designer one. It would get so gross.

Reactions: 8
What’s everyone thoughts on aussi mum vlogger?
Use to like her waaay back in the day and she she is just getting worst (I guess cause she is getting richer?)
Biggest thing that annoys me currently is that she never mentions her friends names except for ashy- is she just trying to get more followers ?
And most of the stuff she sells is so ugly like I don’t understand how Kurt could quit his job
I think her friendship with ashy is just to help her business to grow tbh
I also found out her daughter goes to a religious school which I found very surprising but maybe it’s just the status symbol she wants as it’s private?
Plus why doesn’t she put her kids into daycare more than two days a week if she keeps feeling overwhelmed etc? Like don’t just complain all the time- maybe it’s for the engagement reasons tho haha
agreed on this, she’s definitely not what she seems at all. She complains alllllll the time about being overwhelmingly busy amongst the broken sleep, her content became a rinse and repeat. Also, any well intentioned parent wouldn’t post a whole vlog about their kids misfortunes like she does - and use clickbait titles for views. She’s part of the problem of our toxic hustle culture and a society that loves keeping up with the Joneses’
The first thing these dickheads that call social media their careers would jump and say that people are just haters and jealous of them, when in reality most of us wouldn’t trade a second of their vapid lives 😂

Reactions: 4
I find this comparison of Abbie and Clementine quite bizarre. They’re both women and they’re both feminists, but it’s so strange to pit them against each other like this and be like ‘Clem is better’ or whatever. Abbie is a twentysomething model and comedian who got her start in the media spotlight as the very young, very sexy finalist on the Bachelor. Clementine is 40yo mother, who has been a journalist and writer for well over a decade. Of course her activism is more thought through, of course she’s more mature and less attention-seeking lol. But also if anyone remembers how she was in the early days of having a somewhat public profile, she also had some low points and could be outrageous to try get attention.
I think you have confused my comment with someone else's, as I haven't compared or pitted Abbie against anyone. I also want to point out that I don't usually just like, follow or support someone just because of their gender, causes or beliefs. If I did I'd be taking people at face value, when there are other qualities and factors that matter to me as well. Bizarre to me is saying that they are both women and both feminists - why does that matter? You don't have to like someone just because they are a woman who speaks about similar issues to another woman. I personally find Abbie disingenuous, and I don't think people who have genuine intentions in their activism seek attention for themselves in the way that she does. Other people may disagree and may find value in following Abbie, and that's ok.

Reactions: 5
Another week, another BOPO event 🙄

As for this stupid Lizzo trend, how much spare time must you have to even learn that? Or WANT to learn it?
I am cringing for them all, there is an influencer with curly blonde short hair who looks so out of place it’s almost ridiculous. They all look so stupid and I wish this lizzo trend would die down

Reactions: 2
I am cringing for them all, there is an influencer with curly blonde short hair who looks so out of place it’s almost ridiculous. They all look so stupid and I wish this lizzo trend would die down
Omg the stupid dance I quickly flick to change the TikTok when that song comes up!! 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Clementine is 40yo mother, who has been a journalist and writer for well over a decade. Of course her activism is more thought through, of course she’s more mature and less attention-seeking lol. But also if anyone remembers how she was in the early days of having a somewhat public profile, she also had some low points and could be outrageous to try get attention.
I find that odd to say as well - Clem did some more overt things when she was younger yes, but her message has never changed. She has been writing newspaper columns on gender inequality since her mid twenties (Abbie's age). She studied Gender and Feminism subjects at uni - she hasn't jumped from topic to topic, her position on all things hasn't wavered, and really her method or delivery hasn't changed much either.

I'm not pitting either of them against each other, and obviously age is a factor when comparing them. But Clementine has been a feminist and a feminist writer since she first appeared in the media. Abbie doesn't have the same nuance or education behind her, so really there is no comparison between the 2.

However I will go to Clem if I want to learn things. I don't follow Abbie.

Reactions: 12
I’d be curious to know if Jules Coffey is flying business class?
Mainly because she seems quite spoiled and entitled given how much she has and the amount of whinging she does…
Like obviously a rich hubby which means she can stay home, they can afford holidays, a caravan, a nice house etc,
Shut up GF

I find that odd to say as well - Clem did some more overt things when she was younger yes, but her message has never changed. She has been writing newspaper columns on gender inequality since her mid twenties (Abbie's age). She studied Gender and Feminism subjects at uni - she hasn't jumped from topic to topic, her position on all things hasn't wavered, and really her method or delivery hasn't changed much either.

I'm not pitting either of them against each other, and obviously age is a factor when comparing them. But Clementine has been a feminist and a feminist writer since she first appeared in the media. Abbie doesn't have the same nuance or education behind her, so really there is no comparison between the 2.

However I will go to Clem if I want to learn things. I don't follow Abbie.
I agree, they are not comparable. Abbie is first and foremost an influencer. She got her rise from being on a show that centres around drama. People go on those shows for the career opportunities the media attention will bring, and so they continue looking for opportunities that will continue to bring them attention after. She hard launched her relationship, like it was a new moisturiser or a vibrator. I mean, really? Is this what people take seriously and look up to now; reducing meaningful relationships to the same staus as material possessions? I don't agree with everything Clementine says, but she is consistent, has strength in her convinctions and has put in the work from a very young age, and I respect that.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone know if Abbie and Conrad are still together?
Last time I read, they were in an open relationship. That said, I haven't seen much of them recently at all.

I’d be curious to know if Jules Coffey is flying business class?
Mainly because she seems quite spoiled and entitled given how much she has and the amount of whinging she does…
Like obviously a rich hubby which means she can stay home, they can afford holidays, a caravan, a nice house etc,
Shut up GF
It sure looked like it on her very most recent photo (baileys & milk?). Now you mention it, what's her hubby do for a quid? I've only recently checked her page out (couple of months) - never knew anything of her prior to this.

Reactions: 1
I am cringing for them all, there is an influencer with curly blonde short hair who looks so out of place it’s almost ridiculous.
Do you mean Jo from iCurvy, who is the one in the green dress (with the cut out chest) in this photo to the left of Curvysam? Why do you think she looks out of place?

Watching this video (which is where the photo is from), Curvysam seems very out of place in this group. She’s out on the edges and looks uncomfortable as she tries to find where she fits. As much as she’s very vocal and active in the plus community, it also feels like she doesn’t really fit in it either.

547F9662-A7D0-4CA5-B41A-EDBE9AB581C9.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.