Ashley James #43 Loathsome and offensive on a daily basis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched the favourite child segment. Did anyone find it weird when she said "I love them both. I genuinely do"? Maybe she missed out the word equally...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
The best thing from This Morning was that she said she has a ‘running joke’ with her mum and everytime she calls her, Ashley says ‘hey it’s your favourite daughter’ and her mum says ‘Hi Jo Elle’

Clearly not a joke, Ashley. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
How weird, she’s a presenter that wants to be taken seriously but she does a little spinny photoshoot in front of the This Morning sign and films herself going in to the green room every time she’s on… like she’s on a school trip!? Imagine if I sat at my desk taking selfies with our company logo in the background at 9am every morning, my boss would think I’d lost the plot.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Proper nanny incoming for London then?

No one thinks you do it all, Ash. I can’t work how you get away with doing so little.

Also, wasn’t Ash up in arms about the Lily Allen statement before she actually read the articles? Now she’s saying “what controversy”? None of it had anything to do with men. You can talk about women without “WhAt aBoUt MeN”ing every single statement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Didn’t she only moan the other day about NOT having a village?! Her narrative changes like the wind.

Reactions: 9
Proper nanny incoming for London then?

No one thinks you do it all, Ash. I can’t work how you get away with doing so little.

Also, wasn’t Ash up in arms about the Lily Allen statement before she actually read the articles? Now she’s saying “what controversy”? None of it had anything to do with men. You can talk about women without “WhAt aBoUt MeN”ing every single statement.
That’s what I thought, prepping for a Nanny after they move!!!

Reactions: 7
shes got her knickers in a right twist over lily allen hasnt she? first misrepresentation/misunderstanding the quote, then pretending its not been HER who's been arguing over it on national tv hahahahahaha what a mug

ash, no one judges working mums for having help. literally not a single human ever. the only person who judges mums (and dads) is ash herself. meanwhile she has a partner who does the lions share of the childcare when its just parents at home. how anyone can consider her an authority on this is beyond me

Reactions: 21
She is taking the Lily Allen story and twisting it to suit her narrative. I felt that Lily was saying the opposite of what Ashley thinks/is doing. Lily chose to put her children first and spend more time with them as her parents were largely absent and because of this decision her career suffered but she’s ok with her decision because her children are pretty grounded (her words).
Ashley is choosing to put her children in full time childcare even though she works very part time.
And actually I don’t have a problem with that as I think those children are better off spending as little time with her as possible. What I have a real problem with is that she moans about the struggle and how hard it all is when she not only has the childcare but has a partner, in laws etc. as well.

Reactions: 26
How the hell can she even afford it? I’m so baffled by their financials
I am too? Tommy can’t be on more than £70k surely, and she doesn’t do THAT many ads, especially for the amount of outgoings they have / she has. Wasn’t it confirmed she doesn’t get paid for TM, or will she be now she’s on a bit more often? Even still…! Can’t be hard up if they’re dropping £185 on a horrible necklace for Mother’s Day.

For a start Lily Allen had a more successful career, Lily chose to focus on her children & was satisfied with her choice, Ashley on the other hand..

Reactions: 18
She’s said this about childcare before but what she doesn’t understand is that every normal person understands childcare is essential and nobody is judged for it. However, having a nanny is different to dropping the kids off at a nursery or a relative’s. It’s a sign of pretty significant wealth and that is a bit taboo, especially in the UK where it’s not really polite to show off like that.

i have a friend who is clearly minted and has earned every penny but is currently hiring a nanny and is a bit sheepish. She keeps defending herself but nobody is judging her. She’s just a bit worried about coming across as a wealthy show off. She’s being humble.

Not sure why anyone would judge mums who have childcare. If you have a job and kids, you need childcare. But Ash knows deep down she palms off those kids off for a job that isn’t really taken seriously. She judges herself and assumes everyone feels the same

Reactions: 15
It also depends on the hours the parent works and the hours and responsibilities of the Nanny as to how much people could be judged.

If a person has a live in doing wake ups and bedtimes, all school wrap around while the parent lunches and gets pampered, they may be judged. Not for having a nanny as such but for abandoning all responsibility for their child.

A nanny that does the 8-6 while the parent works, no one bats an eye lid. It’s just a form of child care.

No one judges childcare that’s required. Some might get funny about the privilege or expense but I’d say it’s rare and if people were honest, they’d always go for the best or most convenient they can afford. It’s her projecting as usual.

Reactions: 15
Sorry Ash, all the childcare and flexible working arrangements in the world won’t help me to “have it all”. It helps me balance things better, but I don’t “have it all”. It’s physically impossible to stay at home with my young children full time like I want, while also having a career. You can have it all, but not all at the same time.

I’m just so over everything coming back to men. WHO CARES. Talk about WOMEN. Men don’t get to have it all either, Ash just assumes they don’t want it. Most don’t decent paternity leave, most are questioned over taking flexible arrangements, they’re judged if they take time off for sick children. Men that choose to take on the role of primary care giver ARE judged at least as much, if not more, than women. These systemic issues impact men too.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.