Ashley James #28 my body is Ada’s home, Alf’s is down the road

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She finds motherhood boring because she does nothing fun with them ever!

Today I went to an outdoor playgroup on a farm with my toddler and then in the afternoon we went sunflower picking and had ice creams and it was such a lovely day with him. She’s had the time and money but never thought to do anything like that!

By never spending a day just her and Alf since he was 1 she’s totally missed out on the most fun stages of being a parent that she’ll never get back. Mine’s 18 months and he’s hilarious company!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
What I think is strange about Ashley is how she describes motherhood in general as boring.

I think every mum must have days where at some point they feel a bit bored - for example if we’ve been inside all day and I want to get out of the house. Or meal planning - I personally find this sooo draining and stressful on an almost daily basis with an extreme fussy eater, but it is just one tiny bit of motherhood that I find hard.

I would never describe motherhood as boring though because I love my children and actually enjoy being with them. They are a complete joy to watch grow and as their personalities emerge it just gets better and better. Yes there are lots of tantrums and it’s awful when they get ill etc but to me motherhood is the most exciting journey ever and I’m blessed to be with them each day.

Can we start having a poll at the start of each thread to see who agrees with the latest of Ashley’s ridiculous statements. The next can be who thinks motherhood is boring on a sliding scale from mind numbing to utterly exhilarating? 😅

Reactions: 17
What I think is strange about Ashley is how she describes motherhood in general as boring.

I think every mum must have days where at some point they feel a bit bored - for example if we’ve been inside all day and I want to get out of the house. Or meal planning - I personally find this sooo draining and stressful on an almost daily basis with an extreme fussy eater, but it is just one tiny bit of motherhood that I find hard.

I would never describe motherhood as boring though because I love my children and actually enjoy being with them. They are a complete joy to watch grow and as their personalities emerge it just gets better and better. Yes there are lots of tantrums and it’s awful when they get ill etc but to me motherhood is the most exciting journey ever and I’m blessed to be with them each day.

Can we start having a poll at the start of each thread to see who agrees with the latest of Ashley’s ridiculous statements. The next can be who thinks motherhood is boring on a sliding scale from mind numbing to utterly exhilarating? 😅
Totally agree with you there are some days can be boring but I don’t think she also really does being a mum. She ships them off left right and centre and doesn’t really spend any time with them and the time she does with Ada she’s ‘working’ so I don’t really see how she finds time to be bored in motherhood

My little girl is a month younger than Alf and she so fun to be around I love our days out together exploring London, doing new things, theatre shows, music, parks, farms etc and seeing the absolute delight in her face

Today we went out for breakfast just the 2 of us and we can sit and have a small conversation together as opposed to Alf and Ashley who I imagine just sit infront of a screen all day not attempting to converse

Reactions: 10
What did she think motherhood would be like?...life's not all about clubbing, nights out, premieres , travel, latest clothes/make up , lie ins ,
In reality, she's just too selfish and self absorbed to realise that being a mother/ father/parent is about being there for your child and hopefully being a role model for them, instilling love, a sense of worth , sharing the good (and sometimes the bad times , but working through) them, doing silly things with them , showing them the world which doesn't mean long haul travel , enjoying the simple things in life like looking for butterflies, paddling , pick your own fruit , skimming stones, building a den , chopping vegetables and preparing a meal....a father can do these things too!
Theres going to be many more years of "boring" childhood to get through if she's got this mindset .....just wait till they start school and you don't have as much freedom
She should never have had children! ....they're only going to detest her in later years

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Totally agree with you there are some days can be boring but I don’t think she also really does being a mum. She ships them off left right and centre and doesn’t really spend any time with them and the time she does with Ada she’s ‘working’ so I don’t really see how she finds time to be bored in motherhood

My little girl is a month younger than Alf and she so fun to be around I love our days out together exploring London, doing new things, theatre shows, music, parks, farms etc and seeing the absolute delight in her face

Today we went out for breakfast just the 2 of us and we can sit and have a small conversation together as opposed to Alf and Ashley who I imagine just sit infront of a screen all day not attempting to converse
Agree that she doesn’t spend enough time being a mother to find it boring.

I wonder if that’s the problem though - she literally has so much free time to do whatever she wants and live her life as normal, and therefore has very little bond with her children (mainly poor Alf but starting to go downhill with Ad), that it seems a massive hardship to her to do any parenting at all and is probably more similar to how it would feel babysitting someone else’s kids for free all the time?

Reactions: 12
Honestly though how does she find sensory / baby classes boring? How many has she been to?
They’re the highlight of my week (including the contact naps!!), seeing my little boys face light up at the other babies and mums who chat to him, as well as new toys & lights. How do you not enjoy that 😍

Reactions: 15
What did she think motherhood would be like?...life's not all about clubbing, nights out, premieres , travel, latest clothes/make up , lie ins ,
In reality, she's just too selfish and self absorbed to realise that being a mother/ father/parent is about being there for your child and hopefully being a role model for them, instilling love, a sense of worth , sharing the good (and sometimes the bad times , but working through) them, doing silly things with them , showing them the world which doesn't mean long haul travel , enjoying the simple things in life like looking for butterflies, paddling , pick your own fruit , skimming stones, building a den , chopping vegetables and preparing a meal....a father can do these things too!
Theres going to be many more years of "boring" childhood to get through if she's got this mindset .....just wait till they start school and you don't have as much freedom
She should never have had children! ....they're only going to detest her in later years
Exactly this ❤ Children make the most simple things feel completely magical. Ashley is the pitiful one who misses out on all that (although sadly so too will her poor children).

Reactions: 5
Of course it’s boring. She does nothing for her children - imagine just doing the routine as bare minimum and expecting anything else back but the bare minimum….

I can’t listen to anything she’s saying for looking at her bloody horrific lip liner… all hail the ‘glam squad’ dodgy lips and crusty hair 😵💫

Attachments

Reactions: 11
What I don’t understand is what is she expecting from this ‘campaign’? I assume she wants:

1. Sympathy
2. Attention
3. To monetise 1 & 2

But then what? Motherhood won’t change overnight for her (without her putting some effort in), the world won’t change its opinion of it or her as the majority - as proved by the GMB poll - don’t agree with her nonsense argument.

I really don’t get what’s she is hoping to achieve by dying on this hill. If she’s simply attempting to justify her own piss poor parenting then it’s a really odd thing to bring the nation’s attention to. Is she really that desperate to be on telly at any cost, that she’s happy to be infamous for disliking her own kids?? I genuinely don’t know what a successful result here looks like?

She finds it boring because she spends all day in the house with Ada. All that flexibility and money and she could walk to a cafe every morning for breakfast and a coffee, maybe she would meet another mum or at least take Ada and alf out and about more.

Reactions: 17
Her face has no lines at all! That's not the sign of a true parent. It's one extra line for each kid isn't it? 😅 Throw in some pets and a husband and that's a few more lines!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I can’t tell if this girl is taking the piss out of Ash or not. Ash’s constant whinging about her kids is like Groundhog Day, spot on!
IMG_8712.jpeg

• Haha
I see on twitter there's a lot of talk about Trash's GB news pal Dan Wooton, be interesting to see if she makes any comment on it.

Reactions: 6
Why does she think she has the authority to speak about motherhood when she doesn't bloody participate!

I'd think sitting at home taking pictures of myself is boring, but to her, that's the best thing she can do all day.

Her life before children wasn't using her intellect and it wasn't a demanding career.

Attachments

Reactions: 11
I wonder if Ash has ever considered that her children find her boring? She never does anything particularly child friendly or engaging with them, and I don’t imagine a toddler or baby find fun in lounging around watching their narcissistic mother blinking like her life depends on it, with a camera shoved in each of their faces. She is so incredibly self absorbed that I don’t think she finds anything interesting unless it puts her a the fore of everything. I have never had a chance to find parenting boring. It’s not always plain sailing and I’m far from perfect but I find such joy in my child that it can never be boring. I do think this is because Ash hadn’t got s connection and like someone else said, it’s almost like babysitting someone else’s child and she’s counting down the hours go hand them back.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
If she thinks motherhood consists of changing nappies & discussing sleep then that’s on her. Why not do something with your baby / toddler / child? I hope to be a SAHM as long as we can afford because one day my son will never want to snuggle me all day, or go on fun days out (once he’s older) and he will then take hours / days to respond to a text.
I feel it’s a privilege to be able to raise my baby and not be forced back into work.
Those of us who enjoy it aren’t boring cunts like she makes out. We have a life. We go out with friends still, because we have them Ashley!!!

• Heart
As a mum of 4, let me just say if you have time to be bored whilst being a parent then thats a luxury.
I dont have time to be bored. No opportunity to piss in peace. My foods always cold, my to-do list is a joke and my laundry is embarrassing. I wouldn’t have it any other way…

She finds parenthood boring because she can’t even wipe her arse on her own! Everything is done for her. She claims she works all hours god sends, so why is she bored? She doesn’t deal with Alf.

I know Kate Lawler didn’t enjoy the baby stage and really struggled. Heck, she even wrote a book about how tit her baby was but she’s not planning on anymore kids. I respect her so much more for that. Why the duck Ashley CHOSE to have Ada I do not know!!!!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.