Ashley James #28 my body is Ada’s home, Alf’s is down the road

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She chose to have ada to be her do over baby. Because lockdown with alf was a different experience, she wanted the "normal" baby experience. See how thick she is. Lockdown or not she doesn't even go out so what is she moaning about 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The day to day of mothering can be boring but then so can the day to day of child free life.
I still love being a mum though, my LO makes me laugh every single day even when I am struggling with my MH.
The joy she had yesterday when we were walking and saw some caterpillars on a stalk and she told me there were 3 caterpillars but then she spotted another and said “no mummy mummy look there’s 4. That was silly we got it wrong”
Seeing her face light up at 4 caterpillars was beautiful and I miss that part of life where you get excited over little things.
Ashley you find mothering boring because you lock yourself in that play room and don’t bother playing. You’ve got 6 #gifted buggies but never take the kids for a walk to the park.
You don’t cook so you don’t get Alf involved with making dinner, you can get child safe knives and ask him to cut peppers and cucumbers etc.
You’ve got a google watch #ad #ambassador which can remind you about baby groups and yet you still don’t go to them.
You don’t even bother taking Alf to the library or soft play anymore.
Think about all the things you don’t do and then ask yourself…. “Why am I finding this boring”

• Heart
Reactions: 30
What I got from that clip is that I need a Barbie pink suit and I’m glad I already bought one 🙌🏻😂
---
As someone said earlier, it’s not that controversial to say that motherhood is boring…unless you’re saying it’s all boring, all of the time. Of course there’s boring moments day to day.

She’s missing one of the best bits! The toddler stage where they’re up and toddling around and adorable and you can take them out places exploring and have little chats is great. Seeing the world through their eyes where everything is new and exciting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
2yr olds are anything but boring, especially when you have the disposable cash to do stuff with them! My daughter is only home with us for 3 days a week because we both work but in those days she does swimming, football and then a big 5K family walk with us to a different park every week, plus walks along a canal. We take her to baby raves, family festivals at our local community pub, the theatre etc etc. having her has enriched our lives and made it even more fun.
how sad for her and the kids that she can’t see the potential!

Reactions: 27
I find motherhood far from boring, it’s sheer bleeping chaos and I wouldn’t have it any other way. She’s doing it wrong.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
The thing is with Ash is that sometimes what she says isn’t wrong. Motherhood can be mundane and lonely and even boring at points. Sometimes parents are just going through the motions of cooking, cleaning, naps, bedtimes, classes, etc. It’s totally fine if sometimes people miss adult conversation or the thrill of spontaneous social activities that don’t involve other babies or toddlers. doesn’t mean it’s boring all the time / every day - but at certain phases you can feel the monotony sink in.

The problem is that she isn’t doing those boring things.

and also that she hates her kids 😂

if she didn’t constantly talk about them with contempt and resentment… if she stopped trying to be a Cool Mom… if she put any effort whatsoever into understanding/nurturing their development and safety (for their benefit rather than what she can show off about)… then we’d probably not get annoyed by the odd grumble about being a mum.

as So many others have said - why did she have kids?! Especially the second so soon?!

she’s talked a lot about how in 10-20 years time it’ll be worth it because they’ll be independent and come back to hang out with you but that’s a risky long game and I doubt Alf will bother!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
IMG_20230714_092640.jpg

Another relatable day in the life as a mum of one!

'I looked amazing' my god if she was chocolate she'd eat herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She finds motherhood boring because she does nothing fun with them ever!

Today I went to an outdoor playgroup on a farm with my toddler and then in the afternoon we went sunflower picking and had ice creams and it was such a lovely day with him. She’s had the time and money but never thought to do anything like that!

By never spending a day just her and Alf since he was 1 she’s totally missed out on the most fun stages of being a parent that she’ll never get back. Mine’s 18 months and he’s hilarious company!
OMG I need to take mine sunflower picking, I just need to find somewhere in Yorkshire haha.

That sounds like a lovely day.🩷 Ashley wouldn't do that though, she can't make it about her.

Mine are 3 and 18m old and they never stop making me laugh. Proper characters. It's never boeing is it. Haha

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She finds motherhood boring because she does nothing fun with them ever!

Today I went to an outdoor playgroup on a farm with my toddler and then in the afternoon we went sunflower picking and had ice creams and it was such a lovely day with him. She’s had the time and money but never thought to do anything like that!

By never spending a day just her and Alf since he was 1 she’s totally missed out on the most fun stages of being a parent that she’ll never get back. Mine’s 18 months and he’s hilarious company!
Agreed. My 9 month old is starting to get such a funny little personality and I love taking him places, even a little trip to pets at home to see the fish is fun (and free because I am actually now on no pay whatsoever and yet I didn’t book pointless holidays to the Caribbean when I was pregnant because I knew I wanted to save to take as much leave as possible !).

• Heart
Who takes these of themselves?!?!
And again, a dig at poor little Alf and ANOTHER mention of lockdown.
I have a lockdown baby and a new baby and the only time I’ve mentioned it, is because I can now go to classes. Don’t see her doing that with #AD anyway…!!
Omg the crying filming thing is so weird

Reactions: 7
I find it hilarious that she thinks she’s made it as a DJ. You don’t see Annie Mac dragging her babies to the decks.

No one’s going to take her seriously or book her if she’s going to be djing with a baby blowing kisses for an insta reel 😂 Meanwhile Charlotte’s DJing at BST festival and Zoe Londons just done Silverstone

Reactions: 14
OMG I need to take mine sunflower picking, I just need to find somewhere in Yorkshire haha.

That sounds like a lovely day.🩷 Ashley wouldn't do that though, she can't make it about her.

Mine are 3 and 18m old and they never stop making me laugh. Proper characters. It's never boeing is it. Haha
Haha small world.. the outdoor playgroup I went to was in Yorkshire actually!

The sunflowers were in Nottinghamshire though, I’m kind of on the border 👀🤣

Like some others have said, if you’re home with them a lot some aspects are boring. I also hate meal prep/making 3 meals a day he probably won’t even eat haha. But generally he makes me laugh so much and he’s just the greatest little human I’ve ever met and I love taking him somewhere new to see it through his eyes. It’s sad she’d never feel like that about Alf.

I find it hilarious that she thinks she’s made it as a DJ. You don’t see Annie Mac dragging her babies to the decks.

No one’s going to take her seriously or book her if she’s going to be djing with a baby blowing kisses for an insta reel 😂 Meanwhile Charlotte’s DJing at BST festival and Zoe Londons just done Silverstone
She has to tell herself that as nobody else - including her booking agent - is

A hoover shop and a bar before a speed dating event 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What is the point of this ridiculous top if you’re wearing a vest and/or high waisted leggings anyway?!
IMG_8721.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I always think of Annie Mac when this one calls herself a DJ. 🤣🤣🤣 I saw Annie took her boys to see her DJ for the first time recently and thought it was so beautiful how she spoke about it. Her article on loneliness recently was also worth a read. Oh and her and her fella seem to have a great relationship. Dream on Ash 🤣

Reactions: 5
She only speaks highly of her children when they sleep “Ada was angel because she slept most of the time” god forbid your children want to interact with you or just BE AWAKE because they aren’t little animals that hibernate for some of the year

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.