Ashley James #23 Now that I have baby Thumb, sorry Alf the iPad is your Mum.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess like the majority of us here, I had 1 pram which lasted for my 3 kids over a period of 6 years ....a mamas and papas travel system ( with 0-9 month car seat, carry cot and buggy seat
by time 2nd daughter was born , eldest was 21/2 so hardly used buggy for her as she walked beside pram if we went shopping and just got a cheap Maclaren "umbrella" type buggy from Mothercare which was ideal for day trips ....once they were over 9 months old they hardly ever slept in the pram
why the hell she needs so many prams when she's hardly never on her own with both kids anyway !
no cost of living crisis for our Trashley

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Only just caught up on her stories from yesterday where she's talking about being the happiest since having Ada... Bloody hell she really doesn't like Alf does she. Very hard to listen to.

Reactions: 20
I find it really hard to comprehend that Alf has all his naps in that uncomfortable travel pram? It doesn't seem fair to me, is it just because she doesn't like being home (as she admitted), so he gets dragged all over the place?

Most toddlers get such good quality sleep if they have a nice quiet nap at home - I feel like there is no way he could be having a long restful nap in that pram? :( Couple that with the two short naps at the child minders, he must be so sleep deprived.

I also cannot believe the price of that yin yang artipoppe WTF 😳

Reactions: 18
I find it really hard to comprehend that Alf has all his naps in that uncomfortable travel pram? It doesn't seem fair to me, is it just because she doesn't like being home (as she admitted), so he gets dragged all over the place?

Most toddlers get such good quality sleep if they have a nice quiet nap at home - I feel like there is no way he could be having a long restful nap in that pram? :( Couple that with the two short naps at the child minders, he must be so sleep deprived.

I also cannot believe the price of that yin yang artipoppe WTF 😳
I think it’s probably because she palmed him off on the nanny so early on, with the expectation was that he’d be only brought to Ash for feeds because she was soooooo busy working - the nanny no doubt took him out of the way house and that’s how the pushchair naps started.

Then he didn’t know how to settle anywhere else.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
She never wanted to be tied to the house so Alf always had his naps in the pram. Yes she said that in lockdown too 😂 Really, she didn’t want to Alf tied to her.

I don’t know how she can sit on that amount of money & prams and sleep at night. She’s advertised themselves as being in Kent for the day so mums; go help yourselves! I’m sure a lot of people know where she lives 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Found what Alf is currently in! Silver Cross Pop.

No idea if gifted or not, but I think we can assume it is as she’s ‘worked with them’ on the Micralite travel system, and the 360 car seat.

Additional £245

Total £6654.90

Pushchairs & Infant car seats:
1. Micralite GetGo & Silver Cross infant carrier car seat - gifted £1170
2. Alf’s current pushchair - I can’t find what this is or if gifted
3. Cosatto WOW XL bundle in Paloma Faith Wildling - gifted £1199.95
PLUS infant carrier car seat separately £209.95
4. Doona - gifted £339
5. Out n About - hand me down apparently, not their usual day-to-day for Alf
TOTAL GIFTED: £4088.90

Slings / wraps:
1. Artipoppe leopard - gifted £340
2. Artipoppe Zeitgeist (yin yang)- gifted £725
3. Artipoppe Boy (pink)- gifted £660
4. Baby Bjorn mini leopard print - gifted £105
5. Blue wrap - unsure if gifted
6. Pink ‘fake’ wrap - gifted $179 AUD / £96
TOTAL GIFTED: £1926

Car seats post-infant carrier:
1. Be Safe izi seat - unsure if gifted
2. Silver Cross 360 seat - gifted £395
TOTAL GIFTED: £395

Overall total gifted, solely for car seats, pushchairs and carriers: £6409.90
---

Also - this didn’t age well

B8ED5689-6B72-4961-80EB-69B8FC109C16.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I had a brilliant childminder for my eldest ....I had to go back to work fulltime as a nurse , following a traumatic c section when she was only 16 weeks old maternity leave was pants in the 90's....worse than today Ash fyi
I was still breastfeeding her so would drop her off after first feed in the morning then dash 30 miles down the road to do an 8 hr shift , then dash back to pick her up at 5 with very engorged boobs as there were no facilities for breastfeeding/expressing at that time either
childminder fed her 2 nourishing home cooked meals in her lovely home along with 3 other children ( her husband was also a registered childminder) and got her into a brilliant habit of napping in a cot in the am and pm which I then replicated with my subsequent children
Alf doesn't seem to have had any of those benefits from his childminder (and the food he's provided with is sadly lacking in any balance)
.....but all of the resentment from his mother

'We find Alf sleeps better if we let him out the pram and do something that doesn't involve his iPad'.

NO tit!

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Surely they haven’t taken the iPad with them? Surely the battery isn’t that good on it?! I don’t know any kids that need an iPad for the car? If mine are bored they sleep 😂

I hope to god they get his eyes tested soon. His retinas will not be thanking them. Im predicting glasses by the time he’s 3. She’s fucked his well-being royally.

Reactions: 11
65DCB5A3-1A13-4195-AD92-9FF143A24EA6.jpeg

what’s this pram now?!! Please tell me that’s a toy one and not another one for her list?!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Ofcourse it was gifted, wouldn’t expect anything less. The thing is massive for a toy 🙈

• Haha
Thank goodness it’s a toy.

Will he actually be allowed to play with it outside of the baby jail playroom though?

Reactions: 6
Surely they haven’t taken the iPad with them? Surely the battery isn’t that good on it?! I don’t know any kids that need an iPad for the car? If mine are bored they sleep 😂

I hope to god they get his eyes tested soon. His retinas will not be thanking them. Im predicting glasses by the time he’s 3. She’s fucked his well-being royally.
Mine hates the car (mainly because she’s rear facing like they’re meant to be). I don’t think it’s a big deal having one on when travelling as lots of kids hate being trapped in the car. The issue with Alf is that he has it all the time, even when they’re out and about and he could be experiencing life.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She only wants to be told baby Ada looks like her because people always fawn over new borns and say how beautiful they are etc etc and she wants to them think people are saying she is also beautiful because baby looks like her she was the same with Alf constantly saying she thought he looked like her when he was new born. She’ll be even more desperate for the comparisons as Ada is very cute but also in her eyes “ dainty little dolly’ and she’ll be desperate for people to say she looks just like Ada.

Reactions: 14
Oh the Artipoppe was out today! Thank god for that, Ada wasn’t wrapped unsafely.

More surprising was Alf allowed to actually run around!

She'll do an ad for vinted soon I really hope she doesn't, I love vinted as a lot of z-listers are. The tit she's been gifted will end up on her vinted page and she'll make more money off it 😭

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.