Ashley James #18 A really brilliant mum (under investigation from Social Services)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is a 2 year old on 2 naps a day!!! and why is the childminders punctuation so poor.

Reactions: 19
Why is a 2 year old on 2 naps a day!!! and why is the childminders punctuation so poor.
And Ashley wonders why he sleeps so badly at night! Of course he’s waking at 4/5 am. 2 years old is too old for 2 naps a day.
I’m surprised the childminder let’s him and I would be wondering how much they even know about younger children.

Reactions: 8
Or it begs the question "why" is he so tired at 9am. if he's waking up at 6 am like Ashley says he should easily be able to go till 11:30

Reactions: 13
Is 3 nappy changes in a day ok? I don't feel like that's a lot... maybe I change my babe too much 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
2 naps a day at 2yo is abnormal I’m sorry.

Cut out the 6pm softplay, give him a sufficient dinner and a normal 7pm bedtime. I’m not surprised he needs that day sleep if he’s in childcare from 7.30am everyday and run ragged at softplay after. They also keep him up on purpose until late so he sleeps through the night.

The poor kids just exhausted and living off a tit diet. As for his ‘half arsed’ Scottish flag… he was probably too tired to do a ‘proper’ job like his A-grade mother would 🙄

---

Or it begs the question "why" is he so tired at 9am. if he's waking up at 6 am like Ashley says he should easily be able to go till 11:30
I would probably be asking GP for blood tests to check for anaemia. Or just feed him properly.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Is 3 nappy changes in a day ok? I don't feel like that's a lot... maybe I change my babe too much 😂
Doesn’t seem like enough unless he’s not drinking much so not weeing a lot but still I’d change him because of the sweat & how uncomfortable it must get after a while.
If toddlers came into the nursery at 7.30am & stayed till 6.30 most would have 5/6 changes.

Reactions: 3
How far along is her pregnancy? The NHS guidance is to have the whooping cough vaccine between 16-32 weeks (I just booked mine so the dates are in my head!) Isn’t she was further along than that? Why wait so late to have it?

Reactions: 4
I had my whooping cough at 34 weeks thanks to life with 3 kids and me forgetting constantly 🥴 My guidance was from 16 weeks. There wasn’t a cut off I was told about. She’s too busy being self-obsessed!

Reactions: 1
I wonder if Alf fell asleep in the buggy and was just left to get on with it to be honest. She reckons at home he does ALL naps in a buggy so it doesn’t restrict her in any way and she’s not ‘tied’ to the house. Wonder where he naps while at the CM.

Reactions: 6
Alf on two naps. Jesus Christ. Does she actually do ANY research? Or even, lol, have a conversation with other mums? Head to soft play in the morning then rush back for lunch and nap time?! Like most mums? Ffs. Embarassing how apathetic she is at parenting Alf. Poor soul

Reactions: 11
Every setting is different but if I was getting updates from my childcare with pictures of my 2 year old child strapped into a high chair to play with trains, only using a water doodle mat rather than actual paints and textures,
Limited nappy changes, limited food and excessive napping I’d seriously be questioning it all, and my initial choice of going to that provider.

Oh wait she did her research…….it was the closest walking distance so it’s perfect.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Every setting is different but if I was getting updates from my childcare with pictures of my 2 year old child strapped into a high chair to play with trains, only using a water doodle mat rather than actual paints and textures,
Limited nappy changes, limited food and excessive napping I’d seriously be questioning it all, and my initial choice of going to that provider.

Oh wait she did her research…….it was the closest walking distance so it’s perfect.
I thought that was weird as well 🤔 The only time & age we strapped *babies* into the high chairs were for meals or 1-1 activities that involved play dough / an activity we wanted to do using their fine motor skills only.
Even painting / shaving foam play we would have on the floor & they would go mental for it 😆 He can’t even walk round the table to play with it??? 😳😳
So strange! I’d love to see what the childminder does in regards to activities outdoors / going places with them.
When I nannied for a baby we’d always bump into local childminders at clubs, parks & classes. The only pictures she shows are of him at the house.
* edited to add - at 1 & 1/2 we would start transitioning them onto a ‘big’ chair aka one without straps for the toddler room. Why is he still in a baby one? Surely he can sit on a little low one?

I see Alfs diet is still as poor as ever
Also why is it being pointed out he’s self fed yogurt?! At 2 that should be the norm 🤯
Poor thing has the food of a weaning baby

also such a random breakfast… toast pancake AND croissant?

View attachment 1911466
Talking about pens? 😂

---

My daughter (3 months older than Alf) has 4 a day. So I don’t think it’s too strange

---

My daughter hasn’t sat strapped in a chair for about a year now. That childminder is awful. I’d rather leave my kid with Gemma in coronation street

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Lol cries about the NHS strikes and how the government are treating it.

Slags it off publicly online.

Lovely day x

I was distracted by text I didn’t even look at Alf but yes! What’s he doing playing with trains sat strapped into a chair?! There’s a track in front which he won’t even be able to push them round?
It’s really quite bizarre

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.