Ashley James #18 A really brilliant mum (under investigation from Social Services)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen her latest tweet....
not having a smear because she had a "forced" painful examination during labour....is she having a laugh?....you need to be examined to see how labour is progressing you melt!....and yes it can be painful but you can use gas and air, or wait for the contraction to subside...thought she'd run marathons!
has she ever actually had a smear?
it's 1 practice nurse who does your smear, not the whole bleeping medical faculty!

View attachment 1909379
There is no way she was forced to be examined. Didn’t she originally say she refused an examination? Either way, I’m fairly sure medical staff didn’t pin her down during labour and force anything on her.

Reactions: 15
This is how she’s dangerous @Cariad its all well and good the bullshit she spouts but this is where she could use her platform for good. I saw my Facebook memories yesterday and I was posting about a cervical campaign here in Ireland. Three women I know booked a smear as a result. It’s literally life changing. My own best friend has cervical cancer and it’s devastating. I hope she gets pulled on this big time

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thank goodness she wasn’t induced is all I can say. Can only imagine how much she would have gone on and on about getting examined multiple times a day for 5 days straight before having her waters broken! Tweeting stuff like that is dangerous. It’s not ok to not go for a smear test. she needs to get over herself as she would be the first person to blame the nhs for not detecting her cervical cancer quickly enough if it was to happen!

Reactions: 17
Exactly this. I was sent a form for the last check which I didn't send back and they didn't follow up. It also the parent answering so you could out and out lie or over exaggerate (as parents subconsciously can naturally do) - no one is checking the validity of the claims. You'd hope the childcare would identify any issues but again unless serious neglect/abuse this would be to the parents and it's up to them to accept it and then act.

I'm pretty sure Ash has expressed no confidence/disdain in the HV or authority in any form so I doubt she'd take anything they said to heart even if she did fill the form honestly.
it’s real interesting as i use asq’s at work pretty much everyday. Apparently research has shown parents rarely fill them out inaccurately, so if they are flagging concerns pay close attention and they also hardlywver say their child can do something when they cant. This is what we have been told anyway!

Reactions: 6
Just seen her latest tweet....
not having a smear because she had a "forced" painful examination during labour....is she having a laugh?....you need to be examined to see how labour is progressing you melt!....and yes it can be painful but you can use gas and air, or wait for the contraction to subside...thought she'd run marathons!
has she ever actually had a smear?
it's 1 practice nurse who does your smear, not the whole bleeping medical faculty!

View attachment 1909379
She is so dangerous. Very painful examination- yes because it’s not a bleeping vagina massage it’s an EXAMINATION. Jesus Christ.
I’ve lost count how many medical people I’ve had looking at my vagina over the years, the most recent one was a doctor last month trying to find my cervix to ensure it was closed. Was it fun? No. Did I expect it to be? No. Would I have it again?? Yes because I’m due in April and I’m sure will have plenty more examinations during Labour which is fine by me!
She should try having a biopsy to check for cancer cells at 24yrs old, alone & crying holding a nurses hand. * whilst in a room of 12 medical staff all watching on a screen and 2 at my ankles actually performing it. VILE woman!
And I wouldn’t even class that as traumatic, just scary because I didn’t want to have cancer. And thank god I didn’t, just some abnormal cells that went by themselves.
She gets worse and worse it’s disgusting!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
duck me.
My smear test was due whilst I was pregnant. I asked my midwife and she said book it for after your 6 week check.
My birth was traumatic, my stitches had just healed after a massive infection and I still booked my appointment and was all ready to go, albeit very apprehensive, when the day before the practice nurse at my surgery, who had dealt with my infection etc for me, called me to say I was on her list for cervical smear test the next day, but she didn’t think I would be ready yet. She booked me in for a further 6 weeks later.
Was I terrified to go for that appointment 12 weeks postpartum?
You bet.
Did the idea of potentially not seeing my little one grow up if I didn’t go and something was missed scare me more than the thought of having it done?
Of course.
We have the receipts to prove time and time again that Ashley has lied/told variations of the truth about her birth story. I don’t believe any midwife forced her to have a VE. I do believe she may have fell for the Hollywood versions of VE in labour where a hand goes under the sheet and the lady sits there smiling. I know I did. Nothing could have prepared me for how painful they actually are in early stages of labour.
But, it can’t of been the pain, Ashley’s run marathons. She’s good with pain.
Sorry for the rant, she really winds me up.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
What she has posted there is extremely, extremely dangerous!!!! As somebody who's lost somebody from cervical cancer (she was 21 years old at the time), how dare she. Her words could put multiple women off going to their appointments when there is already not enough women going to get their smear tests 😓

• Heart
Reactions: 23
it’s real interesting as i use asq’s at work pretty much everyday. Apparently research has shown parents rarely fill them out inaccurately, so if they are flagging concerns pay close attention and they also hardlywver say their child can do something when they cant. This is what we have been told anyway!
That is interesting. Perhaps people are more honest in a formal setting than socially. My experience of exaggerating parents, like Ash's 'Alf counts to 100', is only social . I know my cousin wouldn't intentionally lie but claim their child is pointing to a ball if they were gesturing in the general direction. Blinkered by pride maybe, don't want to do them down? Maybe they'd be more honest when it came to it.
I'll defer to your experience and knowledge of how people answer the ASQs - though it wouldn't surprise me if a personality like Ash's would need to be seen as a great Mum, having an advanced child so err on the side of 'yes'.

RE the smear test - unbelievable she has the nerve to call herself an "empowerment coach"

Reactions: 9
Hold on - wasn't the private gynaecologist appointment she had originally a smear test and then he wrote the letter?

I'll need to go back and check but am sure we discussed it before as I remember mentioning I had grade 1A cervical cancer and had a cone biopsy at 29.

She also wasn't "forced". Her whole narrative the last 2 years was she was refused an epidural because she wouldn't allow them to check her.

Another dangerous lie from her.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If the child is attending a childcare setting at the time of the 2 year check it should be them who fill in the form etc - so in theory the childminder should be doing Alf’s. Hopefully she is honest and professional enough to fill it in truthfully and concerns will be raised to get him the support he needs.
I didn’t know this my boy goes to a childminder but the questionnaire came to me

Reactions: 3
If the child is attending a childcare setting at the time of the 2 year check it should be them who fill in the form etc - so in theory the childminder should be doing Alf’s. Hopefully she is honest and professional enough to fill it in truthfully and concerns will be raised to get him the support he needs.
I didn’t know this either, my son has only just started attending a private nursery 2 days a week and he’ll be due his 2 year check any time. I hope he’s not judged on what he does there as he’s not been there long and is definitely not as confident there as he is with us and extended family. For example he doesn’t say much at nursery yet but doesn’t stop talking at home!

Reactions: 5
We have the 2 year check coming up in a few weeks and i’ve filled out the questionnaire. There was no mention of childcare looking at the form. Ashley definitely won’t go anyway even if the HV does get in touch. It will be midweek and she’ll have to take time off from ‘work’ and pull Alf out of the childminders. Her excuse will be that she’s too busy and her mum instinct tells her he’s exactly where he needs to be. She’s too pig-headed to think that a qualified professional might understand more about children’s development than her. After all, we know she’s done her research 🤪

Reactions: 11
As a sexual abuse survivor all I can say is what a bleeping idiot she is. She could’ve just had it done and said ‘look, I’ve got trauma but I urge women to attend their screening. If I can do it, anyone can’.

I’ve had a smear 10 weeks postpartum with a 3rd degree tear and prolapse. I’ve never ever missed an invite as I have kids who need me.

She’s in for a shock when she needs a catheter fitted before her c section. Or would she rather piss herself on the table? Stupid wanky woman!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
This was for the 2 year check, they definitely do it at nursery/childminder for 2 year olds but maybe not for 1 year olds. It does seem to differ across the country how things are done though sadly.
We’ve just had our 2yr appointment letter through today. We fill it out ourselves not the nursery

Reactions: 4
We’ve just had our 2yr appointment letter through today. We fill it out ourselves not the nursery
Yes we did a form for the HV, but the nursery did their own assessment too.
I don’t know, every area is different 🤷🏻‍♀️

---

Link to more info about 2-3 year checks done by childcare providers.
“Practitioners should encourage parents and/or carers to share information from the progress check with other relevant professionals, including their health visitor and the staff of any new provision the child may transfer to.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yes we did a form for the HV, but the nursery did their own assessment too.
I don’t know, every area is different 🤷🏻‍♀️

---

Link to more info about 2-3 year checks done by childcare providers.
“Practitioners should encourage parents and/or carers to share information from the progress check with other relevant professionals, including their health visitor and the staff of any new provision the child may transfer to.”
My childminder did one for my son too. I only know about it because she told me.

Reactions: 1
just when I thought she couldn't stoop any lower, she's using fake trauma to excuse not going for a smear test that could (potentially) save her life and also announcing it on social media where young, impressionable women could now be put off attending their own

bleeping bleep springs to mind

• Heart
  • Angry
Jesus that is not a good advert for the jumpsuit. Her boobs are spilling out of it and she’s got 4 very defined boobs in that dress.
This girl spends 75% of her day in underwear and she doesn’t know what a fitted bra looks like.
As if she’s going on tv like that!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.