Ashley James #18 A really brilliant mum (under investigation from Social Services)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How have nearly 15k people liked her Sainsbury's underwear ad? It's literally what we see day in, day out.

Reactions: 8
Honestly, leaving Alf the night before she's going in just says it all. She does not give one flying duck about that wee boy!

I had my 2nd at 9.30am in the morning (waters had broken the day before but contractions only started at midnight so we put our 1st (who's the same age as Alf) to bed as normal) , husband could only stay like 2 hours after the birth and instead of him coming back in the evening for visiting, I insisted he stay at home with our 1st so that her routine stayed as normal and she was put to bed by one of her parents. the thought of them electing to spend another day away from him - unnecessarily so - at what will be a massive shock to the system for him, is literally mental.

despite everything we did to prepare our daughter - the tantrums went from 0 - 100, she went on a bath strike (I like to call it a dirty protest lol), she was up constantly in the night (more than the newborn lol) having previously slept 7.30-7. can't wait to see how Ash and Tommy cope with that as they have done nothing to try and reassure or prepare their little boy about the next stage of their life as a family.

in addition - should Alf not be getting a 2 year review soon? there is just no way he won't be referred for something. she expects us to believe he can count to 100 - I've never seen a video of him saying anything other than caw caw or counting to 6????? you can bet if he was actually talking and formulating sentences, she'd have countless videos of it happening

no shade as my 1st born is behind in their speech but I don't lie to pretend otherwise either

Reactions: 17
I think maybe the word in the podcast?? I hope lunchbox library doesn't get blocked because of this! I live for her comments.
Oh I've not listened. I didn't notice anything in that clip but admittedly I'm not the most aware. I have heard her refer

How have nearly 15k people liked her Sainsbury's underwear ad? It's literally what we see day in, day out.
Sainsburys featured promo I suspect

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I'm torturing myself with the podcast.

They're both selfish, but at least Tommy seems to (slightly) accept the change to his lifestyle and she's so "woe is me".

She's referred to Alf as a "lump" when pushing him in a swing when he was younger and it was boring.

They've said how "incredibly intelligent" he is and takes after Ash 🤣

She said she's not good at the cooking/bedtime and again finds it boring. Tommy said something about him doing it and she pipes up with "I did it for 365 days".

Something was said about date nights, she said they've not done much of that 🤣 Tommy acknowledged that they have had date nights, weekends away and the support network they have.

Urgh, and he's just said "being a girl dad" 🤢

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Oh I've not listened. I didn't notice anything in that clip but admittedly I'm not the most aware.

On this post x

• Wow

On this post x
Yikes! I've heard her say "crippling tiredness" so thought it would be referring to that! You can't even argue an alternative definition with the word she used in the podcast, there's only one way of using it and meaning!

There’s more chance of us all winning the lottery than her owning up to her using or apologising for that disgusting word 🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 11
In fairness to Ashley in this instance, i’m a similar age and demographic to her and have only ever heard that term used to mean relax / do nothing, and had no idea it was offensive. But if I had used it and someone called me out, my first reaction would be to apologise profusely. It’s a shame because that’s all she needs to do. Acknowledge the mistake, apologise to anyone she’s offended and explain she didn’t understand the meaning. But instead she’ll just ignore and block as per usual.

Reactions: 15
I comp
Honestly, leaving Alf the night before she's going in just says it all. She does not give one flying duck about that wee boy!

I had my 2nd at 9.30am in the morning (waters had broken the day before but contractions only started at midnight so we put our 1st (who's the same age as Alf) to bed as normal) , husband could only stay like 2 hours after the birth and instead of him coming back in the evening for visiting, I insisted he stay at home with our 1st so that her routine stayed as normal and she was put to bed by one of her parents. the thought of them electing to spend another day away from him - unnecessarily so - at what will be a massive shock to the system for him, is literally mental.
I completely agree, the night before my second bub was born I insisted on reading my 2yr old his books and putting him to bed ( I just about fell in the cot 🤣) and then in the morning after he got picked up by his babysitter I sat in his room smelling his pillow and crying - I realise how OTT this sounds but I felt so sad it was our last moment with him as our only baby and his world was completely changing.

The fact that she prioritises a night in a hotel with a fancy dinner over those last fleeting moments with Alf as her only baby, just shows not only how selfish she is but also completely non-maternal. Those kids are nothing but accessories to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I comp

I completely agree, the night before my second bub was born I insisted on reading my 2yr old his books and putting him to bed ( I just about fell in the cot 🤣) and then in the morning after he got picked up by his babysitter I sat in his room smelling his pillow and crying - I realise how OTT this sounds but I felt so sad it was our last moment with him as our only baby and his world was completely changing.

The fact that she prioritises a night in a hotel with a fancy dinner over those last fleeting moments with Alf as her only baby, just shows not only how selfish she is but also completely non-maternal. Those kids are nothing but accessories to her.
Don’t be so hard on her, she’s spending 2 Fridays with him, this month. Before the baby imminently ‘gets c sectioned out’ in March 🤣

• Haha

despite everything we did to prepare our daughter - the tantrums went from 0 - 100, she went on a bath strike (I like to call it a dirty protest lol), she was up constantly in the night (more than the newborn lol) having previously slept 7.30-7. can't wait to see how Ash and Tommy cope with that as they have done nothing to try and reassure or prepare their little boy about the next stage of their life as a family.

in addition - should Alf not be getting a 2 year review soon? there is just no way he won't be referred for something. she expects us to believe he can count to 100 - I've never seen a video of him saying anything other than caw caw or counting to 6????? you can bet if he was actually talking and formulating sentences, she'd have countless videos of it happening

no shade as my 1st born is behind in their speech but I don't lie to pretend otherwise either
I had a planned CS for my 2nd daughter ...it never crossed my mind to go to a hotel the night before or even go it for a meal...I had such awful heartburn it would have been a waste and I also wanted to sleep in my own bed as I knew it would be a good few nights till I got a comfortable sleep again!
I was very lucky that my , elderly mum was able to travel down from Scotland a couple of days before to help look after our 21/2 year old while I was indisposed!
once I was home she stayed for a further 2 days and then left my husband and I to get used to being a family of four!
I made sure when our eldest visited me in hospital for first time after her sister was born , that I wasn't holding the baby or feeding her and was able to give her a big hug....I'd also got her a present to give her from her sister ( a small basket with some small dalmatians -101 Dalmatians had just come out on video and she was obsessed with the film!) ....26 years later and she still has these toys!
I was very fortunate never had any sibling rivalry that came later when , as teenagers they hated each other! 🤪
I kept the same routine as I had before second daughter arrived and even managed to go to playgroup with both of them 10:days after she was born as my husband was playing Santa 🤣
Shes already said that TNB's mum is staying for a fortnight after he goes back to work and then her mum is coming for a further fortnight!...so she won't even have to deal with Alf for ages!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I wish Ash would stop saying sleep deprivision. It’s deprivation ffs. And yes, for a change, she moaned about this on the podcast with TNB, and how he doesn’t have boobs and couldn’t help with Alf etc etc 🥱
One bit that did make me laugh is they mentioned they both like a bit of alone time and TNB said he spends his running/exercising and then he said Ash spends hers sleeping or eating crisps 😂 She was not impressed by that. He also mentioned that taking her picture is stressful and she said he takes loads of bad photos, which he denies, then you hear him say he hates it but they quickly move on to the next topic. I bet he bloody hates it!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
84C137B1-784E-4B42-B9FA-E8AB8B9FB821.jpeg

That’s rich… coming from the worlds worst excuse of a mother who literally neglects her child daily with everyone online to see!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Why does she have to get involved in other people’s debates? Her story about women fighting over having kids vs not. ‘The cool rich Aunty’ - why do they have to be rich?

She’s shared no evidence of these insta posts she’s seen and her desperation for engagement I’m assuming she’s fabricating at all 😂 No one gives a tit about her opinion!

She didn’t want kids. Now she has them and still doesn’t want them. Shut up you illiterate nob.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The podcast with Tommy… he comes across as relatively normal. Maybe just me.
Interesting how he talked about how excited he was for a full house of loved ones, adventures as a four, etc. And then Ashley says she wanted another because she knew they could afford childcare and for her to get back to work and have some autonomy again.

I actually still get shocked by how open she is about what a cold mother she is.

Asked if they feel bad for Alf having a sibling and Ash was immediately no. Clearly hadn’t thought it might be hard for him. Like it was an unusual question to ask. He’s just lucky to have a sibling apparently.

He clearly does a lot more of the parenting than she does - takes Alf out alone a lot by the sounds of it. All her points relate back to how SHE will cope and how she will get help.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.