Ashley James #16 That’s not my child, he’s the wrong gender!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry but children at 2 years old are absolutely old enough to show excitement for presents 😓 my 6mo is getting tupple wear and reading glasses wrapped up as that's all he wants to play with 🤣 but at 2 years old my daughter was so excited to open presents on Xmas day 😓 there's no need to spend loads of money you can get books and toys from vinted/ charity shops BUT she spent 3k on a RING! I think that is what makes this all so awful. There are many of us that cannot afford much this year. She can. She is choosing not to spend it on him 😓

Reactions: 14
It’s not about the money.

It’s about making sure your child feels loves and included along with everyone else.
It’s about making sure your child knows, beyond all else, that his parents love him.
It’s about showing your child that he’s important in your world.

It’s about your child feeling in his heart that you are his safe place, the one he can run to, the one who puts him above all else no matter what, the one who prioritises his emotional needs and well-being above everything (including your own needs at times).
The way our children learn that is through the little things we as parents do for them, day in day out, to show them we love them and show them we can be trusted - and that includes the times we gift them something small and inexpensive but that they love because it really sparks their interests, and they feel pure joy because their parent gave that to them and it made them feel so happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
She is literally the most insufferable, moaning human being.
present gate - it doesn’t annoy me too much because I imagine he’ll be surrounded by so many gifts already so it’s not like he wouldn’t be receiving any presents, butttt I think what’s more sad is the one thing above all that kids want is time from their parents, and that’s not something she gives him currently as we know she doesn’t spend a single day parenting him alone, and how that will become even more apparent when baby thumb arrives and he is whisked off by Tommy / NNB / childminders every single day of the week.
As for the constant whinging and moaning about negative comments towards new mothers… it just shows how worked up she is about being a mother of 2. She’s privileged that if she’s feeling overwhelmed or unwell she can ship either child off as necessary, but ultimately parenting 2 beyond the newborn stage is INTENSE. The “just you wait”
Comments absolutely do apply to her!

What is her deal with picking apart peoples parenting when she does duck ALL? If a dad cooks for his kids and plays dress up with them she sees it as a problem? Like it automatically means the mother is belittled. But when Tommy does bed time or is playing with Alf she videos it and goes ‘Alf loves his daddy’ or ‘he’s such a good egg’ for laying out her clothes on the bed 🤮

What the duck is she on? There’s a lot of dads who duck off their kids (mine included) don’t pay maintenance, leaving mums to fend and provide. So yes, if a dad is a good dad just let them be. Weirdo.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The more I think about it, the more my heart breaks! My boys first Christmas - they were three months old. We got them some clothes, some sensory toys and asked the grandparents to get baby swimming /baby sensory classes. At that age, they had no clue what was going on but they still got presents. We have a huge family - I still buy my boys presents because the joy in their faces when they open them. I would not rely on the grandparents or aunts and uncles to get them presents. And what about her nephew? Will she get him presents? Or is he too young too?

My nephew is going to be 8 months old at Christmas - he's still getting presents. We asked my brother and sis-in-law what he needed vs wanted. The older kids, we asked what they wanted.

She is absolutely showing how much she doesn't like Alf. And as a previous poster said, he has to show his worth, because he's male he has to earn his presents. It's just all so fucked up. And as I've said before, baby thumb is going to have all the bells and whistles, because she's a girl and that's what she deserves - in Ashley's eyes.

Reactions: 12
Probably no coincidence that now she’s dressing him in warm attire to bed- the fleece onsie- he’s sleeping in longer stretches.

Reactions: 11
Why is she even trying to pretend that what she’s proposing to do makes her like Drew Barrymore? Drew isn’t depriving her children through sheer utter selfishness!

Reactions: 13
For someone who never post about her friends or any of them having children she sure knows a lot of ‘pregnant mum friends’ ‘best friends aunt’ ‘old school friend’ to make every possible scenario about herself.
When will she learn she doesn’t need to have an opinion on absolutely everything? And it doesn’t need to be relatable? She can have a view on something without it being because of her XYZ invisible friends

Probably no coincidence that now she’s dressing him in warm attire to bed- the fleece onsie- he’s sleeping in longer stretches.
The fleece onesie isn’t new sadly. His windows are old and mouldy but she won’t fork out so his room is still too cold. She keeps his duvet at the end of the bed for show but doesn’t use it when he should be under it. It’s the only onesie/warm pj set he owns! He does longer stretches when NNB or Tommy look after him in the day. He’s not plonked in front of the TV and reading books on repeat

Literally what planet is this woman on 😂😂 She’s obsessed with Meghan and a self proclaimed royal expert now 😂

Yet another ‘friend’ to tweet about and a tonne of people calling her bullshit 😂😂 What has Strep A got to do M&H?!!!? Also the irony that she’s treating Xmas as a time to reflect on her single years, now she’s got Tommy and Alf so that retweet is LOL

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I went to local garden centre yesterday to get our Christmas tree....there were loads of kids there waiting to see Santa and there was also a love section of very tasteful toys....soft toys, books,
and in particular a little wooden sit on racing car and a wooden rocket play set my favourite
any one of those suitable for boy or girl and I'd have loved to have bought any of them for my kids...unfortunately they're all in their 20's now and not sure if they'd appreciate toys! ....although daughter who's a infant teacher would have loved the wooden car 🤣
It was just a lovely atmosphere there and gave me all the festive feelz.
I just can't believe Trashley's attitude to present giving , she's excelled in her selfish cuntishness .....why couldn't she even just get him something like toy farm animals to unwrap? is the Early learning Centre shop even a thing now? ...I loved buying pressies for my kids, knowing they'd love playing with them and me playing with them too! ....it's part of the joy of Christmas ...poor Alf is just an inconvenience to Ashley
Love this Cariad 🥰
Toys at this age aren’t just flashing plasticky tit, they’re great for development too! Farm animals, kitchen, zoo animals, jigsaw puzzles, paint easel, colouring pencils and pads, stacking blocks, books, cars - they’re great for fine and gross motor skills. It’s all part of a toddler’s development. We know she doesn’t spend the time playing with him - he really just gets that kind of one to one time where he can learn with his childminder or NNB. It’s so sad and abuse in plain sight I reckon

• Heart
I imagine Drew Barrymore takes her kids on a big holiday somewhere that they want to go, spending family time together and building memories.
Not to a luxury hotel and dumping them in a crèche/ leaving with a sitter every night.

Reactions: 17
I’m sounding like a broken record on here but I’m so fed up of seeing Alf with a phone shoved in his face looking sad. She’s at it again this morning as he walks into their room, saying she loves those moments. The displeasure on Alf’s face is clear, as soon as he sees his mum filming him he tries to turn away, no smile. She must know by now he dislikes being filmed, he even says so (mummy no more phone), yet she carries on and posts it on the internet so we can all see how little a tit she gives other than getting content for her social media. I’ve come so close to messaging her, but haven’t bothered as it will make absolutely zero difference.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
The irony
Don’t praise dads for being dads on one post
Tommys a hands on dad the next
Ps you didn’t need to state the obvious that he’s been doing most the parenting lately

Reactions: 11
Aren’t Drew’s kids a lot older too? Like 8 or 10? At an age where she could explain to them, and they could understand, why experiences are arguably more important than physical gifts and they can talk to their Mum about where they’d like to go and get excited in the planning.

At not nearly 2, Alf can’t do or understand that yet, so the same logic doesn’t apply. And we all know it’s not like she’s planning some lovely special holiday or event for HIM - it will be some tedious break for HER and centered around what SHE likes and wants to do and her poor boy will just get chucked into the holiday club (which he hates) again. 😔

I don’t remember what I got for my first few Christmases either, who does? But i DO remember that my Mum made every effort to always make Christmas a special and magical time for us all, even during the years we didn’t have much money, and we were made to feel loved. THAT’s what’s important. Instead, her son is just going to recall his mother’s indifference and coldness towards him and her blatant favouritism for his sister.

Reactions: 12
I know it's been said on here before but do we really think that baby thumb will get zero presents on her first birthday, first AND second Christmas!? Nothing off Trash at all? She really can't see what an absolute horror show of a mother she is? Tommy should be ashamed of how he's enabling her, she's an emotional tyrant where that boys concerned. I'm just shocked it's all been played out so openly on social media.

Reactions: 17
I imagine he’ll be surrounded by so many gifts already so it’s not like he wouldn’t be receiving any presents, butttt I think what’s more sad is the one thing above all that kids want is time from their parents,
Yes exactly, I think the people imagining he’ll be sat with nothing watching them open presents have got the wrong end of the stock there. But it is nice to be able to choose something and be excited to see their little face when they open it. I can hardly stop myself from giving my child their presents already and am so excited to spend Christmas morning with them, as I imagine most of us are.

Reactions: 7
Yes exactly, I think the people imagining he’ll be sat with nothing watching them open presents have got the wrong end of the stock there. But it is nice to be able to choose something and be excited to see their little face when they open it. I can hardly stop myself from giving my child their presents already and am so excited to spend Christmas morning with them, as I imagine most of us are.
Agree, it's the excitement of choosing something that you know they'll love....problem is Ash spends so little time with Alf that she doesn't know what sort of things he'd like to play with and which would enhance his life ...in fact she's clueless when it comes to anything remotely related to parenting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.