Armie Hammer - so many kinks, so little time

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going to discuss these tweets & not what you've said, Ophelia!

I take the tweeter's point that we should call a spade a spade and explicitly differentiate between consensual BDSM and wanting to inflict pain on someone because you don't view that person as worthy of respect. I agree that not differentiating between these two makes it harder for someone genuinely interested in pain during sex to identify a safe partner. I think that careful language or acknowledging nuance is important in public discourse about this - it's so easy to end up communicating something you didn't intend to.

But more and more people are taking their lack of respect for their sex partner, whom they may not see as an individual but as just 'sex partner' or 'woman' (both highly concerning, because this suggests they fundamentally disrespect women or any sex partner) into sex. And increasingly, women and other vulnerable people are thinking it's par for the course for their sex partner to want to degrade and hurt them during sex, and more people are dying and getting hurt in sex. More people are going along with degrading or rough sex because they think they should, or out of fear for being perceived as boring by their sex partner.

When people question why men want to degrade their sex partner like this, or what it might say about women's self-esteem that they are OK to participate in degrading sex, all this stuff about "kink shaming" comes up, which in my experience shuts down the conversation. The tweeter's complaints about 'liberal touchiness and corporatised feminist anxiety around "sex positivity' bother me because the reality is that in a world where women (many of whom fall into the category of 'vulnerable', economically and mentally, like Elaine O'Hara) are routinely hurt and murdered by men in sexual contexts, where violence against women is sexualised, we should be careful or 'anxious' around this particular strain of 'sex positivity'. It's not 'corporate feminism' to be concerned for our own welfare in a context where we are vulnerable (sex).

I don't understand how people can identify that a significant portion of men harbour misogynistic views ("men are trash!"), but somehow believe that these same men participating in rough or degrading sex are not motivated at least in part by misogyny/that we shouldn't question this.
Thanks for the reply and for not jumping down my throat. My view was that I did not want to judge the Twitter poster or anybody else for enjoying and living the lifestyle respectfully or consenually. I know it's easily misinterpreted and I suffer with anxiety, which is why I clarified my point. You make some really good points, especially in your last two paragaphs so thanks for pointing that out, and I completely agree and understand what you are saying.

Also, @Ophelia, just so I don't clog up the thread too much with yet another post by me, thanks for bringing this to the table. The first reaction to someone who thinks they were participating in BDSM only to get abused should never be, "why were you doing that in the first place" so important to discourage that. Totally understand what you mean about anxiety around commenting - I have definitely left comments and inadvertently suggested things I never meant to communicate!
Thank you, @greenvelvet Anxiety sucks. :(

I've clogged up enough so I'll put this in the edit. I just posted the screenshot because I saw it as a support to those who want to and enjoy the lifestyle without being shamed and did not look deeper than that and maybe I should have. I also agreed with his stance on Armie's wife verses the women he abused. I would never intentionally say anything that would be ever be supportive to people who are hurtful to others. I've been there myself. Twice. I just do not discuss it on public forums so certain people cannot identify me. What you said was insightful and looking deeper into his language, I agree with what you said.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I think it’s also ok to say just because you are aroused by something doesn’t make it ok. Isn’t there a woman who says waterboarding turns her on? Where do you start with that, it’s so wtf.

Reactions: 6
Exactly - it was not BDSM.
The poster is not talking about Armie hammer, who is unquestionably an abuser. He's talking about the discussion around BDSM/ S and M in general. I wasn't talking about Armie either, the man is a monster. His final screenshot shows that he views Armie as an abuser who incorrectly uses the pretence title of BDSM to abuse women. Maybe some people who do practice BDSM want come out and talk about the differences between BDSM and abuse because of those who use the title to freely abuse and hurt women. That's what i thought he was trying to say.

I explain myself because people misinterpret comments and views so sometimes a disclaimer is needed. I know nobody asked me to ( I wasn't seeking permission) but I wanted to for that reason.
It was about AH, it was in response to a post about him
I saw someone else using AH as a platform to air their personal views on BDSM and advocate for BDSM instead of just acknowledging what he did was absolutely wrong. Not provide nuances. As this wasn’t and isn’t and never has been BSDM the more people open up a conversation about BDSM, it will stay in that realm. People who like BDSM can still support the victims and condemn him without needing to preach on about how they are different to him

Reactions: 5
New house of Effie posts show messages from AH saying he started strangling his own dog, then ‘came to’ and realised what he was doing!

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
New house of Effie posts show messages from AH saying he started strangling his own dog, then ‘came to’ and realised what he was doing!
He is an actual psychopath.Animal abuse is a huge red flag.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
What the duck??? He is disgusting 😡

Animal abusers should be hung, drawn and quartered tbh. I volunteer at the RSPCA and some of the animals come to us in terrible states and I just can't deal with any fucker who thinks putting their hands on animals is okay. This makes him even more repulsive that I thought he was already.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
What the duck??? He is disgusting 😡

Animal abusers should be hung, drawn and quartered tbh. I volunteer at the RSPCA and some of the animals come to us in terrible states and I just can't deal with any fucker who thinks putting their hands on animals is okay. This makes him even more repulsive that I thought he was already.
I agree. I sometimes get flashbacks to when my stepdad used to kick our dogs and cats from one room to the other and smack their faces if they did a wee on the floor.

just awful.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I agree. I sometimes get flashbacks to when my stepdad used to kick our dogs and cats from one room to the other and smack their faces if they did a wee on the floor.

just awful.
No offence if you get on with your stepdad but... what a massive bleep he sounds like. Your poor animals :(

Reactions: 13
No offence if you get on with your stepdad but... what a massive bleep he sounds like. Your poor animals :(
no offence taken at all, he is a massive bleep and he also treated me like the animals. Haven’t spoken to him in years.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Was midway through watching Milkandhoneyroses’ latest Q&A insta stories when it suddenly said user not found and I can’t see any of her posts now - anyone else get the same?

latest on House of Effie makes me 😤🙁

Underage girls are coming out now. That will likely be how he does get arrested

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Saw this on Paige Lorenze’s IG. She makes a very valid point.

She's so right. I hope she's able to start her charity. It's about time "sex positivity" was about promoting positive healthy sexual relationships and not about removing boundaries and safeguards

Reactions: 13
Was midway through watching Milkandhoneyroses’ latest Q&A insta stories when it suddenly said user not found and I can’t see any of her posts now - anyone else get the same?

latest on House of Effie makes me 😤🙁
I can’t find House of Effie any more

Underage girls are coming out now. That will likely be how he does get arrested
where have you seen this?

I can’t find House of Effie any more

where have you seen this?
House of effie said she was going to leave IG because she was being sent abusive messages about seeing a married man like that was worse than what AH did to her.
Edit to add: I have checked my IG, I can still see house of effie but milkandhoneyrose is gone.

Reactions: 2
House of effie said she was going to leave IG because she was being sent abusive messages about seeing a married man like that was worse than what AH did to her.
Edit to add: I have checked my IG, I can still see house of effie but milkandhoneyrose is gone.
There's one that says house of effle with an 'l' instead of an 'i', but I still can't see house of effie