Aoibhe Devlin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I have to see that fecking photo of the pair of them that she posts twice a day ONE MORE TIME. You know the one. She looks like she's meeting Brad Pitt in it which is just bizarre. And then she jayzuz well trots out the story of their disney movie courtship just in case we didn't hear it the first 500,000 times. Convincing no-one Aoife.

Love it 😂😂

Reactions: 2
Why does she constantly have to force that anniversary story on us? Who are you trying to convince aoibhe? Us or yourself? Nobody gives two halves of a tit when ye met
It's because there was an overlap, and even though most people couldn't give a tit, deep down she's embarrassed by how obvious it is... even though she'd never admit that of course. Sure she doesn't care what people think of her don't you know. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen her go out of her way to point out that nothing happened between them for a while after their first meeting. Suuuuurrrrrrre, Jan.

Reactions: 7
It's because there was an overlap, and even though most people couldn't give a tit, deep down she's embarrassed by how obvious it is... even though she'd never admit that of course. Sure she doesn't care what people think of her don't you know. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen her go out of her way to point out that nothing happened between them for a while after their first meeting. Suuuuurrrrrrre, Jan.
I find it funny when she says she doesn't care about the opinion of others. That's utter rubbish, people who are unconcerned about how they appear or what others think don't go into blogging, become "insta famous", edit their pics or put extreme closeup pics online.

The reality is all of these people are desperate for validation. It's a paradox for her to say she doesn't care about what others think, because if she didn't she wouldn't be flogging her very existence online 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I agree with her being embarrassed about an overlap. And I understand what a previous poster said earlier, of it shouldn't matter because they've built a life together. But its the dishonesty and disingenuous attitude towards her audience that's unpalatable.

She can't tell us to believe her reviews of products and businesses tell us shes honest and sincere and then spin lies about the fundamental stuff.

Just my two cents. But I think its the constant BS and dishonesty that ppl have had enough of.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I find it funny when she says she doesn't care about the opinion of others. That's utter rubbish, people who are unconcerned about how they appear or what others think don't go into blogging, become "insta famous", edit their pics or put extreme closeup pics online.

The reality is all of these people are desperate for validation. It's a paradox for her to say she doesn't care about what others think, because if she didn't she wouldn't be flogging her very existence online 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I agree with her being embarrassed about an overlap. And I understand what a previous poster said earlier, of it shouldn't matter because they've built a life together. But its the dishonesty and disingenuous attitude towards her audience that's unpalatable.

She can't tell us to believe her reviews of products and businesses tell us shes honest and sincere and then spin lies about the fundamental stuff.

Just my two cents. But I think its the constant BS and dishonesty that ppl have had enough of.
Ah sure she’s clever enough how she portrays herself. She’s not one of the clique so people think she must be honest. She only tries to sell us products she trusts and in fairness to her she will say if she doesn’t like something (often with no justification, just that it’s the worst thing ever) but she plugs stuff relentlessly when she’s paid to and often doesn’t explain why the product is good. Just constant plugs. With the Johnson and Johnson stuff people were querying her on it due to the scandals and she just blocked and deleted away. She does the faux thick dublin accent for what I don’t know... to be relatable? It’s verrrrdy insulting and she wouldn’t use it on an ad or anything proper.
Also, anyone remember that time she came on with a mug of tea to have the chat with her followers, hair in a comical bun and a hat to cover it and just being a relatable ma can’t catch a moment for a cuppa. That cup was empty. She literally used a mug as a prop to seem relatable to her followers. It’s all calculated.
Ask yourself why she gets invited to very, very few events, isn’t in on any of the cliques or seem to have any blogger friends, why a lot of her collabs and ads run once or twice (bar the kiddie ones it seems) she was Uber proud to be ba to that beauty website and made a huge deal out of it then after a week we never heard about it again. I think bperfect is her only regular beauty gig but then again is anyone not a bperfect ba?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ah sure she’s clever enough how she portrays herself. She’s not one of the clique so people think she must be honest. She only tries to sell us products she trusts and in fairness to her she will say if she doesn’t like something (often with no justification, just that it’s the worst thing ever) but she plugs stuff relentlessly when she’s paid to and often doesn’t explain why the product is good. Just constant plugs. With the Johnson and Johnson stuff people were querying her on it due to the scandals and she just blocked and deleted away. She does the faux thick dublin accent for what I don’t know... to be relatable? It’s verrrrdy insulting and she wouldn’t use it on an ad or anything proper.
Also, anyone remember that time she came on with a mug of tea to have the chat with her followers, hair in a comical bun and a hat to cover it and just being a relatable ma can’t catch a moment for a cuppa. That cup was empty. She literally used a mug as a prop to seem relatable to her followers. It’s all calculated.
Ask yourself why she gets invited to very, very few events, isn’t in on any of the cliques or seem to have any blogger friends, why a lot of her collabs and ads run once or twice (bar the kiddie ones it seems) she was Uber proud to be ba to that beauty website and made a huge deal out of it then after a week we never heard about it again. I think bperfect is her only regular beauty gig but then again is anyone not a bperfect ba?
💯 you have made some excellent points. I actually have wondered why she doesn't mingle with other blogger types and really had to think about when she was invited to something.
It's all this weird bubble of Aoife booking parties in The Betsy (I think) and then getting personalised party bits, and nothing else. Talking about the next holidays and compulsive shopping. Theres no outsiders, no events, no mentions on other blogs. Its strange isn't it?
I genuinely I have no idea why that is? Do you have any insights?
The more you look at her set up the more odd it gets

Forgot to reference the empty mug 🙄 god that's pathetic really, isn't it. It's all deceptive stuff and as for changing her accent, yeah I agree it is insulting. In this day and age ppl should know better

Last edited:
💯 you have made some excellent points. I actually have wondered why she doesn't mingle with other blogger types and really had to think about when she was invited to something.
It's all this weird bubble of Aoife booking parties in The Betsy (I think) and then getting personalised party bits, and nothing else. Talking about the next holidays and compulsive shopping. Theres no outsiders, no events, no mentions on other blogs. Its strange isn't it?

Forgot to reference the empty mug 🙄 god that's pathetic really, isn't it. It's all deceptive stuff and as for changing her accent, yeah I agree it is insulting. In this day and age ppl should know better
She used to work for sosueme as one of her writers (I won’t even comment on the standard of aoibhe’s writing, the style, the syntax etc. Especially for someone who goes on about how much she loves writing..) and went onto Galz who Snap with a big “exposé” on what it was like to work for sue, not get paid etc etc. She’s constantly throwing digs at sue and her products. She seems to be a stage 5 clinger and drops people as quickly. She doesn’t hang around with any of her old friends. She is obsessed with Sean and jumped into that whole relationship very quickly. She’s obsessed with Jenny. It’s like there’s no one else. As for her with other bloggers? I don’t know exactly why - I don’t think she gels with them. She’s been blogging for 8ish years and goes on as if she invented blogging, she has an agency and gets plenty of PR so I’m not sure why she hasn’t found at least one pool of bloggers to hang out with

Reactions: 5

I honestly don’t know how people can’t see through her and her bullshit. How can anyone say she’s relatable? She‘s borderline desperate. Ever noticed how she tags hotels and restaurants in advance of going there. Thats for one reason and 1 reason only, looking for freebies.

Reactions: 8
She seems to have a friendship with that Eat, Sleep, Chic blogger. They seem to mutually shout each other out - a bit anyway.

Reactions: 1
She used to work for sosueme as one of her writers (I won’t even comment on the standard of aoibhe’s writing, the style, the syntax etc. Especially for someone who goes on about how much she loves writing..) and went onto Galz who Snap with a big “exposé” on what it was like to work for sue, not get paid etc etc. She’s constantly throwing digs at sue and her products. She seems to be a stage 5 clinger and drops people as quickly. She doesn’t hang around with any of her old friends. She is obsessed with Sean and jumped into that whole relationship very quickly. She’s obsessed with Jenny. It’s like there’s no one else. As for her with other bloggers? I don’t know exactly why - I don’t think she gels with them. She’s been blogging for 8ish years and goes on as if she invented blogging, she has an agency and gets plenty of PR so I’m not sure why she hasn’t found at least one pool of bloggers to hang out with
Yes I agree, it is odd she hasnt got involved with other bloggers. Like c'mon Ireland is a small place. Everybody on Instagram is tagging and referencing each other, all except Aoibhe 🤔

Didnt realise about the agency thing.

Forgot about the SoSue thing, thank you for adding this to the thread much appreciated

She is also friendly with I think shes called life with tiny humans
Actually I have seen this before. But she's a small blogger right?

I have a few friends who have worked with her in AL and she is not popular and that’s putting it mildly! She is known to be very bitchy and up her own arse and as for Sean he is defo a player and she is always looking for swaps with other cabin crew so she can work the same route as him if it’s an overnight. She doesn’t trust him. He is constantly hitting on other cabin crew. She has no friends in AL and she got seriously reprimanded the time of the Spa insta. She had to be grounded when she got pregnant and several dept heads refused to take her because of her attitude.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I have a few friends who have worked with her in AL and she is not popular and that’s putting it mildly! She is known to be very bitchy and up her own arse and as for Sean he is defo a player and she is always looking for swaps with other cabin crew so she can work the same route as him if it’s an overnight. She doesn’t trust him. He is constantly hitting on other cabin crew. She has no friends in AL and she got seriously reprimanded the time of the Spa insta. She had to be grounded when she got pregnant and several dept heads refused to take her because of her attitude.
Mic drop 🎤 👊

Brenners serving scalding hot tea ☕

Shook 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 6

I never knew that she worked for So Sue, was this long ago??

I'm sure she gets loads of comments about cabin crew/process/flights but she never answers them.

Reactions: 1
She has also been hopping houses between her and her hashtagbffJenny.
Having someone to clean her carpets, which are only relatively new anyway, and her couch during a pandemic when she’s pregnant and has a young child was a dick move.Not essential and definitely did not pay full whack either.
Couldn’t stop laughing at her tagging Leo. Herself and Liz Reaney are on his speed dial I’d say
I messaged her about the carpet cleaning, it was when we were still in lockdown and tradesmen were not allowed in houses. She ignored me.
Jenny has started tagging Leo and Simon about partners being allowed in hospitals

• Wow
I messaged her about the carpet cleaning, it was when we were still in lockdown and tradesmen were not allowed in houses. She ignored me.
Jenny has started tagging Leo and Simon about partners being allowed in hospitals
Wow they actually haven't a clue and if they had listened to minister Harris today addressing the dail they'd know there's plans in place for cervical check etc. It's about keeping Covid out of hospitals. There a families who haven't seen their relatives in ICU in weeks. It's one/two nights for her

• Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.