Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tublet83

VIP Member
I met my first anti vaxxer this week, who believes everything on fb.

She runs her own yoga classes for 50+ and constantly shares on fb her thoughts, as a result she’s lost 95% of her clients and doesn’t know why.

I didn’t get into, I couldn’t be bothered 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33

AlanBanan

VIP Member
I smoke like a chimney and have drank aldi vodka. Why would I be afraid of the covid vaccine?

I also have dated men in the past so it isn’t the worst thing that has been inside of me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

AlanBanan

VIP Member
So my anti-vaxx cousin usually lectures the whole family on how the covid vaccine will mess with our DNA. But today she's reached new levels of insanity. I'm a victim of the government because... I donate blood regularly :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: "You're willingly letting yourself be harvested by the government every 3 months! They're stealing your DNA".. well I mean she's technically right for part of that, I do let the health services harvest my blood but since when is that a conspiracy!?

My brother donates blood platelets every couple of months (which is a very invasive procedure compared to regular blood donation) and she claims he's actually in on the conspiracy, I'm just a willing, naive participant.
Why do people think they are more important than they actually are? The government already knows everything they want to know with your PPS number, your wifi and the constant location tracker that is your mobile phone.

Reactions: 27

bunnyboo

VIP Member
So my anti-vaxx cousin usually lectures the whole family on how the covid vaccine will mess with our DNA. But today she's reached new levels of insanity. I'm a victim of the government because... I donate blood regularly :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: "You're willingly letting yourself be harvested by the government every 3 months! They're stealing your DNA".. well I mean she's technically right for part of that, I do let the health services harvest my blood but since when is that a conspiracy!?

My brother donates blood platelets every couple of months (which is a very invasive procedure compared to regular blood donation) and she claims he's actually in on the conspiracy, I'm just a willing, naive participant.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
If I "do my own research", I prefer not to do it on social media from people with no medical training, people faking their qualifications, people who have been discredited or struck off from the medical profession, people proven to be profiting from anti-vax propaganda ...

• Heart
Reactions: 25

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Then they can't explain why measles etc are on the radar again! It's almost always First Nations people that seem to cop the brunt of these diseases, but that's of no concern to the bored hausfrau in her Range Rover, eh? Or the dude in his mum's basement inhaling cheese puffs.
Nothing annoys me more than that, there is parents in impoverished countries who would walk miles to get a vaccine for their children so they don’t fall sick or die from a preventable disease.

Yet a wealthy woman reads one news article, and thinks that she is the spokesperson and expert on vaccines. They’re like “oh if they get measles they will just be sick for a week or 2” but fail to realise that they have the resources and the means to get the best healthcare possible if their child falls unwell.

When you get measles you get something called immune amnesia. Your immune system is a blank slate. You are vulnerable to even a small cold.

Also people fail to realise the person who started the anti vaxx bullshit, wasn’t against vaccines, he was trying to say “all other vaccines are bad, but mine work great!” He was just a con man trying to trick people into buying his snake oil and people still believe it to this day.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Moth

VIP Member
Well I wouldn’t call people who are cautious about there health conspiracy theorists

I would encourage everyone to do their own research and make the choice that is right for them. But it seems if you have concerns you are branded CT and attacked these days and then you have the PRO Vaxxers who try and blame the anti vax disgusting vile behaviour when if you read anything online you will plainly how the different sides come across.
And great to see more and more noticing.
Keep up the great work guys 🤪
Almost everybody is 'cautious about their health'. Almost everybody that has accepted the vaccine has done so because they are 'cautious about their health'. Indeed it could be argued that many people that are refusing the vaccine are incautious about their health because they are being unduly cautious about the vaccine.

What does the exhortation for people to 'do their own research' really mean? Almost nobody is able to undertake independent research so for almost everybody 'research' only really means listening to other people. We almost all do that. Unfortunately some people are incapable of applying a reasonable level of discernment to whom they choose to listen to. Indeed some people clearly prefer to give equal if not greater weight to the views of people on the fringes than to the people whose expertise and occupation is to understand the issues and advise people accordingly. I don't really understand why this should be the case but I doubt that it has much to do with being 'cautious about their health'.

So when people 'making the choice that is right for them' cite conspiracy theorists, grifters, political opportunists, anti-vaxxers and sometimes, plain nutters as the source of their 'research' then of course they risk being similarly branded. It appears to me that calls for 'everyone to do their own research and make the choice that is right for them' is really a vacuous and self serving code for 'don't challenge my view however unsubstantiated and illogical it is'.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

flopsymopsy

VIP Member
I watch many of the other threads full of anti vax and anti mask sentiment. I’m frustrated. Essentially, I did my degree in biochemistry and so have a more comprehensive understanding of viral infection than many. HOWEVER. my main thought, through all of this, is I don’t care wether you think masks are uncomfortable or not. I don’t care wether you think you’re entitled to the freedom to carry a disease and infect others with it. I couldn’t care wether a mask lowers your ability to contract COVID-19 by 70%, or 50%, or 20% if you’re healthy. I couldn’t care about you not being able to go to the .

I care that wearing my mask will lower my risk of inadvertently passing it on, even when I’m asymptomatic, to those with immune systems functioning at a lower rate than mine. I care about protecting those who are clinically vulnerable. I care about decreasing the risk of viruses being able to infect anyone, because i understand the risk of mutation is lower without viral vectors. I care about the research done by every scientist who has worked so hard to protect us, in jobs that have been known to pay low wages for long hours, despite the life saving research they yield.

I KNOW it’s hard to be away from your family for this long. Trust me, I’m going through it. But I would rather do that, than infect them and never see them again, or infect others and know their family will never be complete again. This pandemic has done many things. Including highlighting the selfish in society.

• Heart

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
The funniest thing is that the anti vaccine brigade absolutely believe they are “winning” and more and more people are refusing the vaccine. This is just not true and is easy to disprove but try presenting facts and see where that gets you - you’re either a sheep or a government agent 😂😂

Also, a genuine question here, how many of you know people who have been injured/made seriously ill after having the vaccine? I’ve not heard of anyone getting anything other than a sore arm, headache or chills. If you believe posters on other threads nearly everyone they know who has the jab ends up dead or maimed!

• Heart

mcfeez

VIP Member
One of the funniest things I've seen around vaccines, particularly older ones, is those posts where people are like "Why do we even vaccinate for polio/whooping cough/measles/*insert other illness here* - no one gets those anymore! Have you ever heard of anyone getting *insert here illness which has been pretty much eradicated via vaccine*?!" This is not a majority or anything but it just beggars belief. I've had relatives say similar to me even.

• Haha

katiex

I feel like COVID deniers and anti vaxxers are absolutely desperate for people to be really poorly or die from the vaccine, they love it and it’s very concerning

• Angry

Welshgal

VIP Member
I forgot which thread it was in but someone posted the ingredients of the vaccine and it reminded me of that facebook (?) post with the ingredients of an apple where everyone freaked out and they wouldn’t put that into their body.
Anyone know what I’m talking about? 😂

Found it!

Attachments

• Haha

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
I recently completed a MA and one of our modules was dedicated solely to research skills. It’s a complicated and sometimes tortuous process. So a flippant “do your research”, implying that they have when in fact they’ve mostly shared social media posts without checking the veracity, really boils my piss.

• Heart

mcfeez

VIP Member
I cannot believe there is a new covid vaccine thread. The original was literally called "to vaccine or not to vaccine" i.e. both sides. The sheer fact there is another now just for being "anti vaccine" shows that some people cannot deal with facts.

Reactions: 20
Being fed up doesn’t mean people are waking up. (What does that even mean? I’ve been fully awake throughout) 😅 I am fed up, I think safe to say everyone is. That doesn’t mean I am going to protest and say f it to the masks, social distancing and everything else.

• Heart

xoxo GG

VIP Member
I couldn’t give a shit whether it was illegal or not, couples went months without seeing each other or having any physical contact with each other, single people were left with very limited options to explore potential relationships, including those of an intimate variety, people didn’t see close family members, didn’t hug them, some people still don’t because they’re overwhelmed with fear. And Matt Hancock decided to get little Matty a workout, not with the wife he lives with, but his aide, at the same time as giving briefings preaching about how we should follow those guidelines? No thanks. It’s still fucked up.

• Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
67F872CE-39EF-44D1-9A27-C5C92B168021.jpeg

BE0523D8-A9C0-43E0-8EBB-4C56A93B5AB6.jpeg

I hope no one minds the memes I just find them so funny…I’m currently laughing in bed 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19