Anti Conspiracy Theories #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn’t give a tit whether it was illegal or not, couples went months without seeing each other or having any physical contact with each other, single people were left with very limited options to explore potential relationships, including those of an intimate variety, people didn’t see close family members, didn’t hug them, some people still don’t because they’re overwhelmed with fear. And Matt Hancock decided to get little Matty a workout, not with the wife he lives with, but his aide, at the same time as giving briefings preaching about how we should follow those guidelines? No thanks. It’s still fucked up.
Totally agree with everything you’ve said. It’s ridiculous that people are literally berating someone for talking about following the guidance as if it were law, wasn’t that what we were supposed to do? Follow the the guidance. I thought that was what we done to protect others as well as ourselves, but now that’s wrong because of the wording the poster used. The tit for tat is getting pathetic. You can respectfully disagree with someone, you don’t need to continue a dialogue if it’s clear you don’t see things the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I couldn’t give a tit whether it was illegal or not, couples went months without seeing each other or having any physical contact with each other, single people were left with very limited options to explore potential relationships, including those of an intimate variety, people didn’t see close family members, didn’t hug them, some people still don’t because they’re overwhelmed with fear. And Matt Hancock decided to get little Matty a workout, not with the wife he lives with, but his aide, at the same time as giving briefings preaching about how we should follow those guidelines? No thanks. It’s still fucked up.
I agree with this and @HoGi post. Maybe it wasn’t written in law, I’m not a lawyer I don’t know how to read legal terminology, but it was portrayed as law.

Reactions: 7
I agree with this and @HoGi post. Maybe it wasn’t written in law, I’m not a lawyer I don’t know how to read legal terminology, but it was portrayed as law.
exactly and here’s an example of a piece written by ITV news that talks about “when can I hug again” which suggests you could not hug previously, especially as it mentions what date it’s safe to have a “cautious cuddle” from.

Reactions: 5
My husband loves a good CT, aliens and giants etc. He was listening to a story just now about a doctor in Venezuela who'd apparently had an alien being visit his surgery for a check up. The alien was smooth and grey with no ears and thin lips with only ten teeth. At this stage I wasn't sure what to think, until the doctor claimed the Alien spoke perfect Spanish and told the doctor not to worry about his high temperature because he wasn't from Earth and his name was Astro.

I didn't hear the rest as we couldn't stop laughing at Astro the Smooth Alien.

I hope you guys liked my story.:alien:
I'm a bit tired of Covid, I needed a laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm reading a lot about people 'respecting the choice' of people making an 'informed decision' not to have the vaccine. Of course I'm fine with that. Unfortunately the evidence from other threads is of some people making 'uninformed' decisions for purely emotional reasons or
based on sometimes deliberate misinformation and distortions of the facts. If it were simply a case that the vaccine decision only affected the individual it would be sad but I would agree that it is their choice. However being vaccinated protects all of us including those who cannot be vaccinated. It is everybody's responsibility to make sure that they are sufficiently informed to make the correct decision so I don't respect the choice of those who clearly are not.
Evidence from other threads is anecdotal though so it’s unfair to smear everyone with mud who has chosen to decline a vaccine. There will always be people sceptical of the government and associated bodies and people who spread misinformation, but that doesn’t mean everyone declining a vaccine shares or even considers those views. All reasons for declining any form of healthcare are unique to the individual based on their own perception of risk, lifetime experience and events surrounding healthcare and their own research. I agree with you that it is everyone’s individual responsibility to inform themselves and that’s why I respect everyone regardless of their decision if they are satisfied with the information they have used to reach that decision.

I feel like COVID deniers and anti vaxxers are absolutely desperate for people to be really poorly or die from the vaccine, they love it and it’s very concerning

• Angry
Reactions: 22
I feel like COVID deniers and anti vaxxers are absolutely desperate for people to be really poorly or die from the vaccine, they love it and it’s very concerning
Really? I’ve never seen anyone happy that someone has died of any cause.

• Heart
I find I manage to often hold multiple things to be true at once. For example, I think:
1) The social distancing guidelines were sad but necessary
2) Hancock is a piece of tit for having an affair
3) Hancock is a piece of tit for breaking the guidelines/rules while telling everyone else to follow them
4) 'Do as I say and not as I do' is Politician 101. Nothing new here.

Oh also! Here in Australia even during the worst of lockdown people could visit with/stay with their 'intimate partners' as it was termed. I think this was a really good move and I wish similar allowances had been made in the UK for you all.

Reactions: 14
Evidence from other threads is anecdotal though so it’s unfair to smear everyone with mud who has chosen to decline a vaccine. There will always be people sceptical of the government and associated bodies and people who spread misinformation, but that doesn’t mean everyone declining a vaccine shares or even considers those views. All reasons for declining any form of healthcare are unique to the individual based on their own perception of risk, lifetime experience and events surrounding healthcare and their own research. I agree with you that it is everyone’s individual responsibility to inform themselves and that’s why I respect everyone regardless of their decision if they are satisfied with the information they have used to reach that decision.
Oh you appear to have jumped to conclusions again. If you look carefully you will find the word 'some' in my previous comments as in "some people making uninformed decisions". By definition 'some people' cannot mean 'everyone'.

You are of course entitled to give a free pass to people who choose not to be vaccinated because they 'feel a bit off about it' or have 'done their own research' and are worried about Bill Gates' microchips. I'm afraid I am not so generous.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh you appear to have jumped to conclusions again. If you look carefully you will find the word 'some' in my previous comments as in "some people making uninformed decisions". By definition 'some people' cannot mean 'everyone'.

You are of course entitled to give a free pass to people who choose not to be vaccinated because they 'feel a bit off about it' or have 'done their own research' and are worried about Bill Gates' microchips. I'm afraid I am not so generous.
I’ll agree to disagree with you, it’s obvious we see the world differently.

Reactions: 3
I've seen the exact opposite of this. From what I've seen on Facebook and Twitter it's usually people who are Pro-Vaccine and fully vaccinated who wish ill-health on people who refuse the vaccine, or they say that people who refuse it are murderers, should be denied treatment and shunned from society. Which is also very concerning.

• Heart
I wouldn't say they love it, that would be incredibly twisted.

There is a weird fascination with linking any medical issues or tying deaths to it though, like that weird hunt for "proof" that the Danish footballer's cardiac incident was vaccine related when it so clearly wasn't.

I tell you something, I’ve seen many things “over there” that have made me angry and I have vented that frustration (to my detriment at times) but now @Oohthedrama you have gone too far. How can you diss the loveliness that is the Milk Chocolate Bounty??? There is nothing better than nibbling off all of the scrummy, thick deliciousness surrounding the true taste of paradise. Mmm, I need to nip to the shop for a 3 pack!

• Haha
I tell you something, I’ve seen many things “over there” that have made me angry and I have vented that frustration (to my detriment at times) but now @Oohthedrama you have gone too far. How can you diss the loveliness that is the Milk Chocolate Bounty??? There is nothing better than nibbling off all of the scrummy, thick deliciousness surrounding the true taste of paradise. Mmm, I need to nip to the shop for a 3 pack!
Sorry but dark chocolate bounty is the only good bounty. Especially in the freezer.

Now also want a bounty. (but not the milk version obv)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I genuinely thought you were about to tell me I shouldn’t be playing nice with the CT thread 🤣
I’m so used to seeing reports or posts from people crying about what’s been said on the “other” thread.

listen I have no beef with the dark chocolate one, it wouldn’t be my first chocolate but we’ve never had issues with each other.
the milk chocolate one 🤢 bill gates is probably involved in the creation of that

Sorry but dark chocolate bounty is the only good bounty. Especially in the freezer.

Now also want a bounty. (but not the milk version obv)
agree. You’re correct. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This debate is fascinating ...

Most people I know are either pro-Bounty or anti-Bounty but I didn't realise there were dark chocolate and milk chocolate factions too. Wow. Every day is a school day.

• Haha
Take yourselves off to B&M and get a cherry ripe bar - like bounty but miles better. Thank me later.

Also throwback if you are a covid thread OG and remember the great B&M debate of Jan 2021 😎 ‘do you really need laundry detergent though?’ 🤔😂 A simpler time.

• Haha
I was reading this, concentrating seriously, and now all I can think of is buying Bountys! Milk, dark, either is a win as far as I'm concerned. 😁 But I'll put together a blurred spreadsheet showing figures with no headings or dates, and no citation as to origin, to prove I'm totally right to be so tolerant. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have said to Covid deniers in my family that if you catch covid and get sick. Don’t take up a hospital bed from the HSE even though they told you to take precaution. But knowing them they’d think the Government conspired against them and intentionally gave them a more severe strain so they can be brainwashed into thinking it is serious.

THIS!! I’ve said all along the glee and mocking tone from most anti vaxxers is awful, actually I’ve actually seen people wishing death on others just to prove their point. Like a few others on here I will be respectful of anyone’s decision, your body is your own and I would not try and tell anyone what they should and shouldn’t do. My issue with the anti vaxxers is their shocking behaviour towards other people and the way in which they are distributing misinformation. I’ve seen people condemn their entire family and write awful things on social media about them. And it is hard not to stereotype people however in most of the cases I have seen, people usually have a similar element about them in one way or another which goes hand in hand with the way they conduct themselves and behave towards others. I also won’t just dismiss someone who doesn’t want the vaccine if they want to have a discussion about it, but in my experience I’ve yet to come across any sensible info from a passionate anti vaxxer who isn’t simply getting it because they don’t want to-which is perfectly acceptable. These people don’t usually try and convince people to join them because it’s their decision and not because Janes neighbours cats sisters hamster told them a load of made up twaddle and wants to relay it to as many people as possible. Also just cause I’m for the vaccine doesn’t mean I respect the way our government and the way they have handled it and now twit Hancock is just the icing on the cake 🤣

I've seen the exact opposite of this. From what I've seen on Facebook and Twitter it's usually people who are Pro-Vaccine and fully vaccinated who wish ill-health on people who refuse the vaccine, or they say that people who refuse it are murderers, should be denied treatment and shunned from society. Which is also very concerning.
Further to my answer above I agree with you and have seen this too. But just like the anti vaxxers having particular elements about them which makes them almost “wishing” ill health on vaxxers, there are particular people pro vax who think it’s ok to attack people who choose not to vaccine. But in my experience there is far more “passionate” anti vaxxers than pro vaxxers. Also covid is very real and some people are actually still tit scared of unvaxxed people. The anti vaxxers have adopted their own version of this by being scared of “shedding”

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.