Anti Conspiracy Theories #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those against the covid vaccine consistently play up the deaths from any vaccines in order to justify why they believe conspiracies and play down deaths from covid (they were old had underlying conditions etc) to justify why they don’t believe covid is a real threat. they’re not morally on the high ground, they just use emotive language when it suits their argument

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Those against the covid vaccine consistently play up the deaths from any vaccines in order to justify why they believe conspiracies and play down deaths from covid (they were old had underlying conditions etc) to justify why they don’t believe covid is a real threat. they’re not morally on the high ground, they just use emotive language when it suits their argument
Bending the facts to suit whatever their thoughts are. Hate mainstream media, never watch or read it but happy to quote when it suits!

Reactions: 14
I decided for myself not to take the covid vaccine. I am not an anti vaxxer and I have accepted 19 vaccines in my lifetime so far. I believe covid is real, I’ve never denied that fact, and lost a loved one who had covid and an underlying condition. It still doesn’t change my mind that I don’t wish to have covid vaccine. I have and will continue to socially distance, wear a face covering and wash my hands regularly. I have never had an issue with anything reported in the media. Any data I have shown I have included a link so the full context can be given so there is no room for “bending facts”, I’ve apologised above for any confusion where I misunderstood what a poster was asking. I don’t think it’s really fair to make sweeping generalisations on people just because of a single choice they make. I don’t judge anyone for choosing to accept or decline the vaccine, it’s their choice and right to choose.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I decided for myself not to take the covid vaccine. I am not an anti vaxxer and I have accepted 19 vaccines in my lifetime so far. I believe covid is real, I’ve never denied that fact, and lost a loved one who had covid and an underlying condition. It still doesn’t change my mind that I don’t wish to have covid vaccine. I have and will continue to socially distance, wear a face covering and wash my hands regularly. I have never had an issue with anything reported in the media. Any data I have shown I have included a link so the full context can be given so there is no room for “bending facts”, I’ve apologised above for any confusion where I misunderstood what a poster was asking. I don’t think it’s really fair to make sweeping generalisations on people just because of a single choice they make. I don’t judge anyone for choosing to accept or decline the vaccine, it’s their choice and right to choose.
I'm not talking about people not wanting the vaccine, I completely understand why some choose not to. I was referring to the people spreading misinformation, claiming it's a conspiracy to control the population, leaked on purpose and so on. I'm really sorry if you took my post that way, I'm not here to hurt feelings or upset anyone.

I haven't had the vaccine myself, our government rolled it out so slowly by the time I was eligible I had concerns about the AZ. We have very low stocks of Pfizer which I feel would be more suited to me so I'm waiting for that.

Again, my apologies if I upset you.

Reactions: 9
Anti vaxxers are unhealthily obsessed with VAERS like it proves anything.

It’s an open system and the reports are not verified. Right now it’s full of misinformation because there’s likely so many false reports on there.

Reactions: 6
Yes, showing blurred screenshots of an unidentified spreadsheet to "prove" figures, rather than a link to registered statistics. 🤷

I have every sympathy with someone who is afraid to take the vaccine, but to grossly exaggerate the risk from the vaccine, while downplaying the risks from Covid, well 🤦. Making a choice for yourself is fine, but misleading others deliberately is irresponsible. And those who boast of their lack of any precaution and seem to feel they're so clever?! That's a big part of helping the virus mutate.

Reactions: 12
I’m posing here because I actually cannot face engaging on the other thread.

It was never illegal to hug people during the pandemic 😖

• Haha
Reactions: 8

On the other hand, if someone can't even have a snog in a Whitehall corridor without a recording being leaked to the press, there's not much hope for any actual deliberate conspiracies to go unnoticed.

How fortunate that we have such trustworthy operatives of the internal secure surveillance systems within restricted access areas, who selflessly released this footage of events that the public so desperately needed to see.

• Haha

Hey @JoeBloggs if you’re going to mention my posts at least @ me.

It was illegal. What part of do not get closer than 2m of anyone outside your bubble do you not understand?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

I only found this out a few weeks ago!
There's been so much confusion over law v guidance.

Reactions: 5
Hey @JoeBloggs if you’re going to mention my posts at least @ me.

It was illegal. What part of do not get closer than 2m of anyone outside your bubble do you not understand?
No, read the first part of my post.

It was never made law. It was guidance, they are not the same!

Reactions: 7
I only found this out a few weeks ago!
There's been so much confusion over law v guidance.
This sounds more CT than the original poster in the covid thread, who was adhering to the government rules 🙃

No, read the first part of my post.

It was never made law. It was guidance, they are not the same!
You do realise this makes you sound more CT than the OP?

This sounds more CT than the original poster in the covid thread, who was adhering to the government rules 🙃

Sorry, I don't understand this. How?

Reactions: 2
Sorry I don't know what this means, I was just replying to the person above about how backwards some of the rules have been and how confusing guidance v law is (I work in law so should know better 😂)

Reactions: 1

No, I don’t. Law and guidance are different things.

Reactions: 8
Too many posts to quote now so I will just say this.

The government clearly said you must not hug anyone outside of your bubble.

Whilst I understand that strictly speaking social distancing might not have been made law. The post on here was posted with a tone of "oh the CTs are on the covid thread again, I can't comment on there..." When that's not the case.

Millions of people accepted these rules as law, even if strictly speaking, they weren't. The government and mainstream media were saying daily it is not allowed to hug your mum/nan/whoever and that couples who were not living together couldn't have any close contact. The fact there wasn't a specific law made might be true, but it wasn't widely known by the general population and was communicated via government briefings and mainstream media as if it was illegal.

So to say that it wasn't illegal it was only guidance, to me, sounds more CT than saying it was illegal

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I'm reading a lot about people 'respecting the choice' of people making an 'informed decision' not to have the vaccine. Of course I'm fine with that. Unfortunately the evidence from other threads is of some people making 'uninformed' decisions for purely emotional reasons or
based on sometimes deliberate misinformation and distortions of the facts. If it were simply a case that the vaccine decision only affected the individual it would be sad but I would agree that it is their choice. However being vaccinated protects all of us including those who cannot be vaccinated. It is everybody's responsibility to make sure that they are sufficiently informed to make the correct decision so I don't respect the choice of those who clearly are not.

I couldn’t give a tit whether it was illegal or not, couples went months without seeing each other or having any physical contact with each other, single people were left with very limited options to explore potential relationships, including those of an intimate variety, people didn’t see close family members, didn’t hug them, some people still don’t because they’re overwhelmed with fear. And Matt Hancock decided to get little Matty a workout, not with the wife he lives with, but his aide, at the same time as giving briefings preaching about how we should follow those guidelines? No thanks. It’s still fucked up.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I couldn’t give a tit whether it was illegal or not, couples went months without seeing each other or having any physical contact with each other, single people were left with very limited options to explore potential relationships, including those of an intimate variety, people didn’t see close family members, didn’t hug them, some people still don’t because they’re overwhelmed with fear. And Matt Hancock decided to get little Matty a workout, not with the wife he lives with, but his aide, at the same time as giving briefings preaching about how we should follow those guidelines? No thanks. It’s still fucked up.
I wholeheartedly agree

Reactions: 4
I have read numerous arguments on both sides and here is my two cents on it. I am in Irelnad so our vaccine roll out and government guidance was not the most efficient but we are getting there. I am mid thirties and am fully vaccinated . I also have an auto immune disease which is why I have been vaccinated early.

The majority of my friends have or will be vaccinated , same with Co workers and family. I made an informed decision based on my health issues and vaccinated and if I didn't have health issues I would have made the same informed decision and vaccinated.

I have a certain amount of respect for people who have chosen not to vaccinate and have made an informed decision after their own independent research or are pregnant and do not want to take the risk. However, for the most part people that I know that are against the vaccine have done nothing but regurgitate misinformation to me when I have questioned, respectfully,why they have chosen not to vaccinate .

I have heard the argument we should just let the old and vulnerable shelter and let the ' rest of us live our lives' or its ' ok for you to take the vaccine cos you're sick already ' and in the same breath I have heard people liken the vaccine roll out to the appaling acts of the Holocaust. They fail to see the hypocrisy of their argument when they stick two fingers up to the sick and vulnerable and say 'well sorry that you already lost out in the health lottery but tough tit you isolate so I can live my life ' 🤦🏻‍♀️

My other issue with some members of the anti vaxx brigade is all of a sudden they have become experts in virology and biology yet for the most part lack basic biological knowledge 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.