Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Marj24

VIP Member
I have put who I think are the worst anti covid vaxxers offenders on ignore, I also avoid their favourite couple of threads. I come to tattle for positive reasons not to be riled up by ignorance and misinformation. It's very refreshing

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Moth

VIP Member
Good question! My initial thought is that if people are still willing to get their flu vaccine and their covid vaccines separately I don't think of that hesitancy to have the combined one as anti-vax, personally?

With covid vaccine hesitancy I guess for me the why is important then. Why don't they feel comfortable at the moment? What are their concerns? Have they discussed them with a GP or medical professional and not just strangers on the internet?

I also worry a lot of people who are just hesitant about the Covid vaccine will become further radicalised into being anti-vax across the board because of the way the debate has evolved into a very polarised one and because of all the misinformation oline.

Again, all just my opinion etc.
To pick up a point made in another post I don't think I have the right to know why any individual doesn't want (as opposed to cannot have) the vaccine. In fact it's probably better that I don't know because I suspect I am likely to hear some half-arsed bullshit regurgitated from what they read on social media about what somebody said they were told by somebody who had 'done their own research' based on a scientific research paper that they are not qualified or capable of understanding.

That doesn't make the person refusing the vaccination 'anti-vax'.

It makes them an idiot.

Dedicated, 'professional' anti-vaxxers rely on these idiots to spread the 'virus' that they have created and purposely released into society.

• Haha

flopsymopsy

VIP Member
i don’t understand some of the crossover arguments from the og CT thread, confusing for those of us only on this thread because we can’t be arsed for the bullshit in the anti vaccine and CT threads 🤣

• Haha
  • Angry

lupanda

3 weeks to flatten the curve

Just a bit longer to save the NHS

One last push for nana and grandad

Bear with us while we save Easter

One final push to save Christmas

Jabs are ready, but hold up while the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated

Vulnerable are vaccinated but now there’s a new variant that’s not killing us or overwhelming the NHS. Can we have a couple more weeks guys???? And can we jab the young???

This is our lovely Government but when people question this you label us conspiracy theorists? Wake up!!!
You’re in the wrong thread.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Well I wouldn’t call people who are cautious about there health conspiracy theorists

I would encourage everyone to do their own research and make the choice that is right for them. But it seems if you have concerns you are branded CT and attacked these days and then you have the PRO Vaxxers who try and blame the anti vax disgusting vile behaviour when if you read anything online you will plainly how the different sides come across.
And great to see more and more noticing.
Keep up the great work guys 🤪
Why do you think we haven't done the research? I did the research. I decided getting the Covid vaccination was the best thing I could do for myself and for my community. If someone believes in some of the BS I have seen online about the vaccines, I think they do believe in conspiracy theories. Just my opinion of course! You're welcome to your own.

• Heart

bunnyboo

VIP Member
I smoke like a chimney and have drank aldi vodka. Why would I be afraid of the covid vaccine?

I also have dated men in the past so it isn’t the worst thing that has been inside of me.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Alicia Lip Filler who literally injects an unregulated type of poison (botox) and/or man-made silicones (lip filler) into people for a living is always banging on about the dangers of the vaccine and various problems with 'big pharma' vaccinations. THE IRONY.

• Haha
  • Sick

Jen667

VIP Member
It's a shame they've taken over every thread about anything covid related. At the beginning of the pandemic, I'd find comfort in the covid thread, they took over that. I used to come on this thread daily, I was so happy it was made as I was left feeling like the only 'normal' one left, now I very rarely do as surprise surprise this one has them too 🙄 I'd like just one thread on here where people can come where's there's rational thinking.

On another note, I'm sickened by the anti vaxx protests outside schools. I've just read that some have made letters to look like official NHS ones, full of misinformation of course, and are handing them out outside schools. Threatening the teachers too, as they're so lovely 🙄 I don't want my kids to be scared to go to school as there's a group of people shouting and ranting outside their school.

They need to take a few days off the internet, get some fresh air and realise that the world is not out to get them. Life is almost back to normal for the non conspiracy theorists of England I'd say.

Back to hiding the off topic forum for a bit, to keep my blood pressure down 😂
So much this. There are now (by my calculations) 3 separate anti vax threads, it would be nice to have one that wasn't.

• Heart

Jen667

VIP Member
there’s a difference between being anti vax and not wanting the covid vaccine.
It's a fine line I would say. And 'I'm not anti vaxx, I just don't want the jab' is often the rallying cry of anti vaxxers. Same as racists who say 'I'm not racist but..'
If you refuse the vaccine, encourage others to refuse the vaccine, post misinformation from discredited sources and deny the efficacy of the vaccine then that makes you anti vaxx

• Heart
  • Haha

Marj24

VIP Member
I have had to work so hard with not arguing recently (against the rules of tattle). I've got to accept that some will always cherry pick anything that suits their agenda. Meanwhile we have the unvaccinated and unmasked amongst us, not believing they pose a risk to us all and that any rise in covid shows that vaccination doesn't work.
quote-we-are-all-born-ignorant-but-one-must-work-hard-to-remain-stupid-benjamin-franklin-10-18...jpg

Just adding, everybody I know from friends, ex colleagues and family are vaccinated, Az, pfizer and Modina. Nobody I know going has had a serious side affect.

Reading here people know those who have dropped down dead the next day, had serious heart problems and all. Not accusing them of lying but I will take their anecdotal evidence in the same way they take MSN 'propaganda'

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry

Unspiralled

3 weeks to flatten the curve

Just a bit longer to save the NHS

One last push for nana and grandad

Bear with us while we save Easter

One final push to save Christmas

Jabs are ready, but hold up while the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated

Vulnerable are vaccinated but now there’s a new variant that’s not killing us or overwhelming the NHS. Can we have a couple more weeks guys???? And can we jab the young???

This is our lovely Government but when people question this you label us conspiracy theorists? Wake up!!!
The government was going on about herd immunity right from the very beginning. They originally were going to try and achieve this by letting the virus spread. They finally listened to the scientists who told them it wasn't a good idea, by which point it had already spread further than it should have been allowed to. Now they are aiming to achieve herd immunity through vaccination. Nobody ever said it would only be the elderly and vulnerable to get vaccinated.

I don't think anyone here thinks very highly of the government's handling of this pandemic. Nobody is defending the government.

Reactions: 15

Marj24

VIP Member
Somebody over 80 is reported as a covid death, they would have died anyway. Somebody over 80 dies within a few weeks of the vaccine, it was the vaccine

memoii11

VIP Member
I have put who I think are the worst anti covid vaxxers offenders on ignore, I also avoid their favourite couple of threads. I come to tattle for positive reasons not to be riled up by ignorance and misinformation. It's very refreshing
It's a shame they've taken over every thread about anything covid related. At the beginning of the pandemic, I'd find comfort in the covid thread, they took over that. I used to come on this thread daily, I was so happy it was made as I was left feeling like the only 'normal' one left, now I very rarely do as surprise surprise this one has them too 🙄 I'd like just one thread on here where people can come where's there's rational thinking.

On another note, I'm sickened by the anti vaxx protests outside schools. I've just read that some have made letters to look like official NHS ones, full of misinformation of course, and are handing them out outside schools. Threatening the teachers too, as they're so lovely 🙄 I don't want my kids to be scared to go to school as there's a group of people shouting and ranting outside their school.

They need to take a few days off the internet, get some fresh air and realise that the world is not out to get them. Life is almost back to normal for the non conspiracy theorists of England I'd say.

Back to hiding the off topic forum for a bit, to keep my blood pressure down 😂

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
It’s the inconsistency that flummoxes me, I have seen posters say that they know Covid is real but then call it a scamdemic?!
You can accept that the virus exists but also be critical of the message given out by mainstream media and the government.

I have always been interested in figures. I work with numbers. All of the figures (deaths, hospitalisations, vaccine numbers etc) are published on gov.uk, Public Health England etc. And the media and government only present a very small number of the statistics, which out of context can portray a different message to when they are seen in context. One example is when we started the road map to easing our case numbers were double the case numbers in July last year. However we were doing over 10 times the number of tests. As such our positivity rate was much lower than last year. Additionally we are now testing people with no symptoms, when July last year even if you had symptoms it was a struggle to get a test.

This just one example but may explain why some people may appear to sit on both sides of the fence.

• Heart

Puffin

VIP Member
I have read numerous arguments on both sides and here is my two cents on it. I am in Irelnad so our vaccine roll out and government guidance was not the most efficient but we are getting there. I am mid thirties and am fully vaccinated . I also have an auto immune disease which is why I have been vaccinated early.

The majority of my friends have or will be vaccinated , same with Co workers and family. I made an informed decision based on my health issues and vaccinated and if I didn't have health issues I would have made the same informed decision and vaccinated.

I have a certain amount of respect for people who have chosen not to vaccinate and have made an informed decision after their own independent research or are pregnant and do not want to take the risk. However, for the most part people that I know that are against the vaccine have done nothing but regurgitate misinformation to me when I have questioned, respectfully,why they have chosen not to vaccinate .

I have heard the argument we should just let the old and vulnerable shelter and let the ' rest of us live our lives' or its ' ok for you to take the vaccine cos you're sick already ' and in the same breath I have heard people liken the vaccine roll out to the appaling acts of the Holocaust. They fail to see the hypocrisy of their argument when they stick two fingers up to the sick and vulnerable and say 'well sorry that you already lost out in the health lottery but tough shit you isolate so I can live my life ' 🤦🏻‍♀️

My other issue with some members of the anti vaxx brigade is all of a sudden they have become experts in virology and biology yet for the most part lack basic biological knowledge 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart