Anti Conspiracy Theories #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Then they can't explain why measles etc are on the radar again! It's almost always First Nations people that seem to cop the brunt of these diseases, but that's of no concern to the bored hausfrau in her Range Rover, eh? Or the dude in his mum's basement inhaling cheese puffs.
Nothing annoys me more than that, there is parents in impoverished countries who would walk miles to get a vaccine for their children so they don’t fall sick or die from a preventable disease.

Yet a wealthy woman reads one news article, and thinks that she is the spokesperson and expert on vaccines. They’re like “oh if they get measles they will just be sick for a week or 2” but fail to realise that they have the resources and the means to get the best healthcare possible if their child falls unwell.

When you get measles you get something called immune amnesia. Your immune system is a blank slate. You are vulnerable to even a small cold.

Also people fail to realise the person who started the anti vaxx bullshit, wasn’t against vaccines, he was trying to say “all other vaccines are bad, but mine work great!” He was just a con man trying to trick people into buying his snake oil and people still believe it to this day.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Nothing annoys me more than that, there is parents in impoverished countries who would walk miles to get a vaccine for their children so they don’t fall sick or die from a preventable disease.

Yet a wealthy woman reads one news article, and thinks that she is the spokesperson and expert on vaccines. They’re like “oh if they get measles they will just be sick for a week or 2” but fail to realise that they have the resources and the means to get the best healthcare possible if their child falls unwell.

When you get measles you get something called immune amnesia. Your immune system is a blank slate. You are vulnerable to even a small cold.

Also people fail to realise the person who started the anti vaxx bullshit, wasn’t against vaccines, he was trying to say “all other vaccines are bad, but mine work great!” He was just a con man trying to trick people into buying his snake oil and people still believe it to this day.
It's so frustrating, isn't it? I can't remember who posted a while ago that conspiracy theories aren't popular in third world countries because they're just trying to meet their day to day needs and keep their families alive, no time to think about fluoride in water when all that's close is unfit for drinking.

Reactions: 11
I forgot which thread it was in but someone posted the ingredients of the vaccine and it reminded me of that facebook (?) post with the ingredients of an apple where everyone freaked out and they wouldn’t put that into their body.
Anyone know what I’m talking about? 😂

Found it!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I forgot which thread it was in but someone posted the ingredients of the vaccine and it reminded me of that facebook (?) post with the ingredients of an apple where everyone freaked out and they wouldn’t put that into their body.
Anyone know what I’m talking about? 😂
Yes, I know the one! Bloody hilarious.
1328FA9F-A44F-4F30-9D51-194A2C7C60B9.jpeg
@Welshgal

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I cannot believe there is a new covid vaccine thread. The original was literally called "to vaccine or not to vaccine" i.e. both sides. The sheer fact there is another now just for being "anti vaccine" shows that some people cannot deal with facts.
Yep them threads is spreading faster than the Delta variant! At least the 'anti' threads appear to be responding well to 'vaccination' though

One of the funniest things I've seen around vaccines, particularly older ones, is those posts where people are like "Why do we even vaccinate for polio/whooping cough/measles/*insert other illness here* - no one gets those anymore! Have you ever heard of anyone getting *insert here illness which has been pretty much eradicated via vaccine*?!" This is not a majority or anything but it just beggars belief. I've had relatives say similar to me even.
A couple of years ago, aged 63, I had to get the MMR jab. I never had measles as a child, was too old when it came out but was travelling to Oregon where thanks to anti-vaxxers there was a 'mini-epidemic' of measles.

Reactions: 8
I smoke like a chimney and have drank aldi vodka. Why would I be afraid of the covid vaccine?

I also have dated men in the past so it isn’t the worst thing that has been inside of me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I had two older brothers, sitting in their bedroom has given me super-immunity. Smelly teenage boys have their own bio culture.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I smoke like a chimney and have drank aldi vodka. Why would I be afraid of the covid vaccine?

I also have dated men in the past so it isn’t the worst thing that has been inside of me.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Alicia Lip Filler who literally injects an unregulated type of poison (botox) and/or man-made silicones (lip filler) into people for a living is always banging on about the dangers of the vaccine and various problems with 'big pharma' vaccinations. THE IRONY.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Crikey! The 'discussion' on the new variant Covid thread is fierce! I think even I'm going to stay out of there for the moment.

It feels to me that some of the anti-vax and anti-lockdown advocates are getting a bit more frantic. Perhaps they can see their constituency slowly disappearing. It's thought about 10% of the adult population are 'anti-vax' so I've always thought that vaccinating anything above 90% would be a success and of course is likely to achieve good herd immunity. We're at 82% having the first dose so we're well on the way to beating 90%. Soon we will be able to tell the anti-vaxxers that their choice not to be vaccinated doesn't matter. The rest of us have done the job for them. Similarly it is looking more and more like restrictions will be lifted in July as Johnson suggested. Are the anti-lockdowners still going to hold protests after that or will they cease to matter too?

Reactions: 13

I’m sorry but if it had been Lidl vodka I would bow down and kiss your feet 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
One of the funniest things I've seen around vaccines, particularly older ones, is those posts where people are like "Why do we even vaccinate for polio/whooping cough/measles/*insert other illness here* - no one gets those anymore! Have you ever heard of anyone getting *insert here illness which has been pretty much eradicated via vaccine*?!" This is not a majority or anything but it just beggars belief. I've had relatives say similar to me even.
Literally the reason we don't see those things anymore is due to vaccination! I seen an interview of someone who's parent hadn't vaccinated them (In USA) and they developed mumps at age 18 and made them infertile and he has no relationship with his parent anymore as he doesn't forgive them for choosing antivax which ultimately caused his illness of Mumps to be so severe.

I'm all for others having different opinions but what irritates me with the "anti vax" squad is the fact they believe everyone is uneducated, haven't researched and are sheeple to the gov or that we are all Karen's. I choose to vaccinate etc but I don't feel the need to share this view 24/7 online. These people come across so demonic and obsessive in their views, I've had to mute so many people online as I cannot be bothered watching the constant vitriol of rubbish they share/post - its borderline mad.

Reactions: 10
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Alicia Lip Filler who literally injects an unregulated type of poison (botox) and/or man-made silicones (lip filler) into people for a living is always banging on about the dangers of the vaccine and various problems with 'big pharma' vaccinations. THE IRONY.
Unless she's a doctor or a dentist she's breaking the law injecting botox. It's a prescribed medication so beauticians can't use it. Don't get me started in fuller though. Completely unregulated in Ireland and can have some very nasty consequences if not injected correctly. Like, it's your face - why wouldn't you spend a few bob and go to a doctor that actually knows what they're doing??

Reactions: 6
Unless she's a doctor or a dentist she's breaking the law injecting botox. It's a prescribed medication so beauticians can't use it. Don't get me started in fuller though. Completely unregulated in Ireland and can have some very nasty consequences if not injected correctly. Like, it's your face - why wouldn't you spend a few bob and go to a doctor that actually knows what they're doing??
I have a job in beauty and the amount of times I have had to recommend a client to see a cosmetic surgeon as their lip fillers have started to clump and migrate in the lip and they need to be dissolved as it was injected by a 21 year old girl who did a 3 week course and didn’t know how to administer the filler correctly.

I am actually allowed to give fillers and have been asked to start doing them and the money is tempting. But I genuinely won’t do it in fear of ruining someone’s face and possibly being sued.

Reactions: 10
I think she was a dental nurse, but I question her credentials.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I think she was a dental nurse, but I question her credentials.
Even then I'm pretty sure you have to be an actual doctor or dentist. The law in Ireland doesn't allow nurses to administer botox. Not that that would necessarily stop her!

I have a job in beauty and the amount of times I have had to recommend a client to see a cosmetic surgeon as their lip fillers have started to clump and migrate in the lip and they need to be dissolved as it was injected by a 21 year old girl who did a 3 week course and didn’t know how to administer the filler correctly.

I am actually allowed to give fillers and have been asked to start doing them and the money is tempting. But I genuinely won’t do it in fear of ruining someone’s face and possibly being sued.
That is crazy isn't it? I really think with the amount of blood vessels etc in the face only doctors or dentists should be doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
The less you understand, the easier you are to scare.

Thinking of the CT thread here, and the anti-vaxxers. Their blurred copies of vague figures, with no reputable source, and their nonsensical anecdotal "evidence" about The Whole Covid Plot To Kill Us, no, wait, The Vaccine Plot, no, wait, nobody died anywhere unless it was 'flu or old age or A Dreadful Conspiracy. Probably involving Bill Gates, Joe Biden, and anyone who was ever unfortunate enough to be pictured with Jimmy Savile.

Dear God. But let's go for civil disobedience, because that'll prove how kind and civilised we are.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.