Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to bring a box of Maltesers, Heroes or Celebrations for my colleagues & myself on my bank of 4 desks. But what was really irritating was colleagues from different teams across the other side of the room would notice, and then decide to walk towards my desks in the hope of being offered a chocolate.:mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Had a part time colleague working in the office and when she went home early afternoon someone with a severe nut allergy would start their shift and take over her seat at the desk - she would eat nuts every day without fail and wipe the desk down with an anti bac wipe before she went home??? Why couldn’t you hold off eating your nuts for an hour when you know someone with an allergy will be using your mouse and keyboard?! When i brought it up anyone else in the office would say “yeah but she wipes it down before she goes”😒 don’t know why they couldn’t see how selfish it was!!
Oh god, I’ve literally had so many awful conversations/emails/discussions but the anti Bac takes it to the next level. It’s pure selfish. People in the office would say “you can’t even react because we don’t sit next to each other” 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 3
I have two (actually I have many as im a moody sod!)

One is someone I work with closely who sings every last word of every sentence. Stop it ffs, no one is that happy!

Second one is a lady that I work with who asks me every time I see her (every few months) when im having kids, why im not pregnant yet, got to hurry up as im old etc. My husband and I are dealing with infertility and every time she questions me about this it makes me cry but im also ridiculously private about that stuff so never know what to say. I work from home majority of time even before covid so at least I don't get to see her often.

Never get why that stuff interests people so much - piss off.
I’m so sorry your dealing with infertility, I’m going through something similar and know how soul destroying it is when people ask/make comments. I find it hardest when I’m having a good day and a Throwaway comment can leave me devastated :(

My husband works away for months at a time - we never know what date he’ll be home and can’t ever forward plan Which is hard but we make it work between us. one of my colleagues asks every day when he’s due home, I’m sure she’s only trying to be nice/friendly but 5 x a week on a 3 month trip She drives me absolutely mad!!

work over sharing in general -share as much info about yourself as you want, but please respect I’m quite private and don’t want to share the details of my last smear test, parents divorce from 20 years ago or anything else that’s my business

Last edited:
  • Heart
I have a colleague that is literally obsessed with my partner, I don’t normally share any aspects of my private life because half the people I work with are Middle Aged low lives but anyway I’m only 25 and I must admit my partner is quite well off.
For example I’ll be speaking to my one and only work bestie about something on the other side of the room about how my partner recently brought me a car ( it’s a Mercedes).
This one particular colleague who is on the other side of the room is obviously listening to our convo and will butt in to the convo and exlaim to the whole office
“Omg your partner has bought you a car!!!!! Lucky you!! What job does he do? Whatever he’s doing I wanna do it!!!”
It does my bleeping head in that he is always listening to my convo no matter how quiet I try to be and he is always asking what my partner does and how he does, it’s so condensing because I feeel like when he asks he’s trying to catch me out, it’s as if he feels as though If someone is young and they have money they have to be doing something Illegal it does my head in!!!
haters gonna hate 😊

Reactions: 2
I’m so sorry your dealing with infertility, I’m going through something similar and know how soul destroying it is when people ask/make comments. I find it hardest when I’m having a good day and a Throwaway comment can leave me devastated :(

My husband works away for months at a time - we never know what date he’ll be home and can’t ever forward plan Which is hard but we make it work between us. one of my colleagues asks every day when he’s due home, I’m sure she’s only trying to be nice/friendly but 5 x a week on a 3 month trip She drives me absolutely mad!!

work over sharing in general -share as much info about yourself as you want, but please respect I’m quite private and don’t want to share the details of my last smear test, parents divorce from 20 years ago or anything else that’s my business
Wow so sorry you go through that, must be so annoying and infuriating.
I honestly think it’s best not to share any of your personal life within the workplace because people talk to much! Well that’s how it is in London, you’ll say 1 thing to someone next minute the whole office knows,
Now I just keep my mouth shut and if anybody asks me anything I give a fake answer.

Reactions: 4
We've got an admin girl who has "may the odds be ever in your favour" in swirly writing as her signature on email. Luckily she doesn't really email clients, just internally, but still. Cringe.

I work in a predominantly male environment and one of my male colleagues always calls me "cheeky" - makes me want to pick up my computer and throw it at him. Prick.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I have a colleague who is obsessed with what other people eat. If one of us gets a McDonalds, she has to witch about it to other people like ‘that’s the second one she’s had this week...’... what seems to annoy her even more is if someone has a healthy lunch. She can’t stand it, it’s like someone is personally attacking her for having a healthier lunch than she does. So weird, who cares what anyone else eats?! I know I don’t, unless it stinks out the staff room.
Oh god this gives me terrible anxiety. I really hate people focusing on my eating habits - watching me eat, discussing what I'm eating etc.

The main thing I hate in work is the sexism. It's quite mild and I bet none of the guys notice but as a woman, you pick up on it. It's a small tech company so very heavily male, only a couple of women on my particular team (the development team). I noticed fairly soon after starting the company that a few of the guys who sat near me went out for lunch once a week - thought nothing of it, just assumed they were friendly colleagues plus they all work within the same sub team.

However then a new guy joined my team. He got a lunch invite. Another new fella joined my team a few months after that - he also got asked to go to lunch. The next time a girl joined? No lunch invite.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
People who over-react about every little thing, eg if somebody has left letterhead in the printer when they want to print.

• Haha
We've got an admin girl who has "may the odds be ever in your favour" in swirly writing as her signature on email. Luckily she doesn't really email clients, just internally, but still. Cringe.

I work in a predominantly male environment and one of my male colleagues always calls me "cheeky" - makes me want to pick up my computer and throw it at him. Prick.
I mean it is 2020 so that quote is not too far off :ROFLMAO:

I had a work colleague that would burn wax melts at her desk. I am sensitive to smells and it would give me headaches. I asked her multiple times to please turn that off. She would just say, tell me if it gets too strong for you 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

One of the other managers in my office always calls me "trouble" cute when you're 3 and your uncle calls you it...not so cute when he is only 4 years older than you, is the same pay grade and never cleans his teeth

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Oooh mine is when people use bullsh*t bingo phrases of which I seem to hear many on a daily basis! Hold the pen, take it offline, blue sky thinking, touch base. Grrr

Reactions: 10
I have a particular colleague who writes 'please' twice in one sentence all the time. Eg. 'please can you pick this up with.... please?' etc. Drives me up the wall.

Reactions: 5
I have a particular colleague who writes 'please' twice in one sentence all the time. Eg. 'please can you pick this up with.... please?' etc. Drives me up the wall.
90% of my office couldn't draft a decent letter/email even if their life depended on it! It is very worrying

I recall a desktop support trainee working in our office for a few months. But quite often she would ring in saying she could't come into work because her car:-
  1. was at the garage
  2. flat tyre
  3. dead battery
  4. serviced/MOTd
  5. can't find the keys
What I found strange was that she lived near a train station, less than 5 miles from our offices. But rater than roughing it on public transport to come to work she decides to "work from home"

• Haha
cliche but meetings that could just be emails. My manager basically doesn';t reply to emails so everything HAS to be a meeting, what could be a 10 minute ctach up spreads into 2 hours, just him going off on tangents about his life. There was once a meeting he had with 2 colleagues that lasyed 6 hours!!! by the time they came out they looked like they wanted to scream :LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
I mean it is 2020 so that quote is not too far off :ROFLMAO:
You’re not wrong there but there’s a time and a place and I don’t think it’s in a large scale investments company 😂

One of the other managers in my office always calls me "trouble" cute when you're 3 and your uncle calls you it...not so cute when he is only 4 years older than you, is the same pay grade and never cleans his teeth
Oh yeah I’ve had trouble too. Feel like saying watch how much trouble I can be when you call me that in front of my HUSBAND 🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 5
People who over-react about every little thing, eg if somebody has left letterhead in the printer when they want to print.
That's nothing.

Genuinely, someone I work with had a tantrum the other day, full on shouting and kicking off, because someone else had been rubbing her stomach and saying she was hungry a few times.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
This might seem minor but I’m going there anyway.. I use a lot of email inboxes at work which are shared with my colleagues. When I started there were thousands of read emails in the inbox and no one ever filed anything 😩

I spent ages sorting it all out and still have to keep on top of it because even now no one files anything and I miss stuff that’s mine to sort out because it’s left read but not forwarded. I find it so rude!

In my old job I could get a bingo on this thread - office manager/ PA dictator who sent pictures of lettuce in the plug hole or gone off food in the fridge to the whole floor, people who couldn’t speak one sentence without relating something to their kids, and power crazed managers. I am well rid 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Seeing some coworkers reply to professional emails with atrocious grammar and punctuation :sick: Utter pet peeve, sort it out ffs.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.