Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I once worked with an "identifier" who was practically a bear of a 23 year old man who had a 5 o'clock shadow but wore ghastly cheap make up, leaning ugg boots, see through primark leggings where you could see his ball sacks through at he would sit with his legs WIDE open. He absolutely stunk of ballcheese too. He had a habit of always asking for spare fags and getting quite aggressive in tone if no one had any. It made you want to say no even more.

Fish eaters do my nut in. There is no need to bring things into an enclosed space which contains that awful tuna mayo smell or sushi. Like egg.

I remember working with a woman who always wore braids, she would constantly tap her braids with a pen or scrape her scalp between them with it. I had seen that pen in all her facial orafaces, including the corners of her eyes and deep into her ears.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Sexual innuendos- I'm no prude and can handle quite a few but there is always one that cant stop, they're well past the point of flogging dead wood yet piss themselves with their own laughter.

"You missed a bit" as a cleaner. Bar staff and pervy manager would do it to me when I used to work cleaning the pubs in the mornings. It is juvenile.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
An older woman I used to work with used to stand at my desk and chat to me of a morning while vigorously rubbing a piece of tissue in her ear holes to clean them. Usually while I was eating my breakfast.

I was only 19 and felt rude saying anything but it used to drive me mad

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
When no one gives a flying duck about your allergy that could kill you.

I’ve seen people hide it in their drawer and eat it in secret as I have a reaction.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
I'm a young female (28) in a very older male dominated environment, in fact there's only 6 woman to 150 men and I'm the only woman in my department. So of course being a woman goes against me but so does my age 🙄 they will always seek out a male to give them the answer that I very much could've given them. Winds me up so much 😂

Oh and this is going to sound sexist after what I've said 😂but the men on my department just DO NOT TIDY UP. They leave it all for me because "I'm a woman and like cleaning" 😳😳

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
We only have a small staff room with a tiny table & three chairs. I find it so annoying when the other staff members use the already limited number of seats to put their bag & coats on! We have lockers & coat hooks in the same room! I spend the first few minutes of my lunch moving peoples belongings & I hate sitting a seat with a jacket hanging off it!

Reactions: 5
In my last company I worked with just men. Being in the tech industry it's hard being a woman.

They would make sexist comments about wanting to "stick their usb into a slot" etc.

There would be times in meetings where I'd make a suggestion or come up with an idea, it would get ignored or I'd be spoken over, then not five minutes later someone else (a guy) would make the same suggestion or come up with the same idea I had and they'd all clap like seals!

Or my code would get reviewed by one of the more senior developers and then scrutinised... Yet no one else had code reviews.

I was also called the token female on numerous occasions!

I ended up complaining to HR and they called a team meeting, when asked if there were any issues in the team and for people to speak up, I mentioned the sexism and constant undermining that went on. They all denied it and the MD, who was in the room too, called me sensitive in front of my team.

This lived on so I decided to leave!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Diet bores. You have the twenty somethings obsessed about being “fat” when they’re not. They’re average and normal. The forty something who lost loads of weight and is now a fitness guru who feels compelled to advise you on how to eat and tells you how marvellous her diet is. The women constantly lurching from one diet plan to another and never looking any different.

Reactions: 34
I'm a young female (28) in a very older male dominated environment, in fact there's only 6 woman to 150 men and I'm the only woman in my department. So of course being a woman goes against me but so does my age 🙄 they will always seek out a male to give them the answer that I very much could've given them. Winds me up so much 😂

Oh and this is going to sound sexist after what I've said 😂but the men on my department just DO NOT TIDY UP. They leave it all for me because "I'm a woman and like cleaning" 😳😳
Oh my god I identified with you! I’m also 28 and working in a man’s world. My boss is a much older man....Most of the time he’s fine with me but he can be rude and extremely bad tempered and is really untidy. I will argue with him especially when he does things that are unfair or affect my development. My other 2 male colleagues are a good 15 years older and whilst I like them, one of them is very untidy and I mean food, nail ends on the floor which is never cleaned up. Both of them don’t work as hard as I do. I know this because when it comes to a joint task or responsibility, it’s usually me who has completed. It’s come to a point where some of their staff even tell them that if they have a problem they will just come and talk to me....I do love my job but sometimes I have to scream inside!

Reactions: 4
There was one bloke in my office I couldn’t stand. He still works there but now I don’t have to see him as we’re WFH. He’s lazy but his manager always bails him out. He eats apples really noisily (several a day). He jiggles his leg so the desk keeps wobbling. He picks his teeth after eating crisps and is always chewing on his pen! When I started I was below his level but have been promoted above him now so he hates me lol. All sounds quite minor but when it all adds up...

I never user to mind the work buffet etc but now am feeling funny about them since the pandemic!

Diet and exercise bores don’t bother me as I can be one of those myself but it does bother me when that one person is back on slimming world for the tenth time on the Monday and you know by Friday they’ll be going out for mcdonalds. Then they complain about it not working!

only other thing that really riles me is senior management giving us extra work to do (fine, there’s always ad hoc tasks to be done) but then saying “don’t work too late!” as they leave the office at 5pm on the dot. I used to work til 6 anyway as the traffic was much clearer and the gym quieter when I got there if I did but don’t give us extra work to do then tell us not to stay late?!

I once worked with an "identifier" who was practically a bear of a 23 year old man who had a 5 o'clock shadow but wore ghastly cheap make up, leaning ugg boots, see through primark leggings where you could see his ball sacks through at he would sit with his legs WIDE open. He absolutely stunk of ballcheese too. He had a habit of always asking for spare fags and getting quite aggressive in tone if no one had any. It made you want to say no even more.

Fish eaters do my nut in. There is no need to bring things into an enclosed space which contains that awful tuna mayo smell or sushi. Like egg.

I remember working with a woman who always wore braids, she would constantly tap her braids with a pen or scrape her scalp between them with it. I had seen that pen in all her facial orafaces, including the corners of her eyes and deep into her ears.
I have just cancelled my breakfast after reading that

:sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There’s a lady in my office who thinks she’s the best at her job (really not) loves loudly pointing out other people’s mistakes across a full office (before wfh) really makes sure everyone can hear!
So rude when she’s not great either!
I had a clanger of a mistake she made, but I still thought it would be petty of me to publicly shame her 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I’m in a team which pretty half and half when it comes to males/females.

A colleague, on the same level/role will often do my most hated thing... the classic “oh well someone should look into that” or “I’d like to see someone work on this issue” He likes to state what should be happening yet never offer to lead up something or kick some work off.

Luckily our manager is very much savvy to this and when he starts will interrupt like “Oh so-and-so, that sounds like a greeeeeeat idea for you to take forward. If you can present your progress at next months meeting that would be great”

Always amazing when this happens.

This same colleague also went through a phase of looking at women and asking if notes were being taken. He got the message when I asked what was wrong with his hands.

Just such a dick move. So much deep rooted sexism.

Reactions: 16
Before I retired there was a PA who could not stop herself from telling lies, being two faced, interfering with other people's jobs, reporting others (when they'd done nothing wrong), taking credit that wasn't hers and creeping towards anyone her boss liked. When I say creeping, I mean buying them magazine's, baby clothes, cat food, you wouldn't believe it.

I instantly hated her and she knew it, flew into a tantrum and asked me why. Guess what - I told her that I don't have time for people who tell lies and that I found her vile. She'd no idea I had access to her bosses emails and saw what she was doing. Haha.:rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I used to fix PCs and laptops at IT company premises. You would be quite shocked/disgusted at the amount of unsavoury gunk held trapped behind the keys of a keyboard!

One bloke in my office used to eat all sorts of crap throughout the day for weeks on end. Then he had a problem with his desktop. Turned out it was his keyboard. I gave it a good shake upside down and all sorts of shite fell out including moldy cheese, bits of green coloured chicken, a finger nail, dead skin/or dandruff and black bread crumbs.

I did tell him not to eat over his keyboard in future. but he just shrugged and carried on regardless

(Believe it or not the contents held inside of a keyboard contain more germs than a toilet seat! Turn it upside down, give it a tap and watch it snow!)
I mean all of that is absolutely gross but the thought of turning a keyboard upside down and a finger nail coming out made me heave

Reactions: 3
A manager of mine used to throw me under the bus on the regular, she was obviously several pay grades above me but still felt the need to constantly belittle me.

She was a pedantic person and control freak, too. Which meant my work would get checked over and it's caused me to go over tight deadlines.

There was no need for her to be that way!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
There’s a lady in my office who thinks she’s the best at her job (really not) loves loudly pointing out other people’s mistakes across a full office (before wfh) really makes sure everyone can hear!
So rude when she’s not great either!
I had a clanger of a mistake she made, but I still thought it would be petty of me to publicly shame her 🤷🏻‍♀️
I too have somebody like this! She LOVES to send an email to the person who made the mistake with the rest of the team copied in stating "copying the team in so you're all aware not to do this :)" It really annoys me. If I were to make a genuine mistake, I would be all for somebody quietly pulling me aside and showing me the correct way, in fact, I'd appreciate it. But the way this woman loves to publicly shame people is wrong.

She once copied one of the partners in on her email correcting somebody (obviously thinking it made her look really good) and he commented that "he doesn't need to be copied in on things which don't involve him". I was so pleased she didn't get the reaction she had hoped for

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I too have somebody like this! She LOVES to send an email to the person who made the mistake with the rest of the team copied in stating "copying the team in so you're all aware not to do this :)" It really annoys me. If I were to make a genuine mistake, I would be all for somebody quietly pulling me aside and showing me the correct way, in fact, I'd appreciate it. But the way this woman loves to publicly shame people is wrong.

She once copied one of the partners in on her email correcting somebody (obviously thinking it made her look really good) and he commented that "he doesn't need to be copied in on things which don't involve him". I was so pleased she didn't get the reaction she had hoped for
We have a guy in the office who does this. He's such a prick! Or openly calls anyone out, loudly. I hate working with him!

My old boss used to eat an egg or fish salad at his desk that would make me want to vom.

When we were in the office my colleague insists on looking over my shoulder and pointing out whatever was on my screen. Particularly if I was doing non work work. “Oh, you’re thinking of going to Spain?” duck off will you. Stop looking you piece of tit.

Now we are WFH he insists on calling to ask such bull tit questions. “Erm, if I wash my bedding now, will it be dry in four hours?” I don’t bleeping know. There’s a lot of variables here. Piss off.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I have two (actually I have many as im a moody sod!)

One is someone I work with closely who sings every last word of every sentence. Stop it ffs, no one is that happy!

Second one is a lady that I work with who asks me every time I see her (every few months) when im having kids, why im not pregnant yet, got to hurry up as im old etc. My husband and I are dealing with infertility and every time she questions me about this it makes me cry but im also ridiculously private about that stuff so never know what to say. I work from home majority of time even before covid so at least I don't get to see her often.

Never get why that stuff interests people so much - piss off.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.