Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched a programme once on channel 4 about a man who was a hoarder and was extremely unclean and they went in and cleaned his house from top to bottom. There was mould and dried food left in the kitchen, floor was black, dried in fat, just really really vile. Anyway, husband walks in and says ‘ oh my god that’s ****’ he works in the team that sits opposite mine’. Husband confirmed that the man use to bring in home made cakes and bits for buffets and team lunches.

that is why I will never join in with home made things in the office

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 90
Technically not at work but reading all these IT for the youngens issues it reminded me. My father in law gets my husband to do all the IT stuff for his business because he cant do it (bleeping learn then) and my husband does it for free as "im sat down doing mine anyway what difference does it make"

Um well maybe you'd have more time to do your share of housework if you weren't doing your lazy dads job!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My old boss used to ask for something without even really knowing what they wanted and when I did it and took it to them, they'd tell me "Oh but I didn't need all this, you need to do it again."

How about you tell me what you need so I won't have to read your mind and take thrice as long with one task that could have taken an hour. I stopped going the extra mile for that stuff after a while because it always ended up being tossed aside. :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Eating stinky food at their desk is a pet hate of mine and anyone who reheats fish in the office kitchen 🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I watched a programme once on channel 4 about a man who was a hoarder and was extremely unclean and they went in and cleaned his house from top to bottom. There was mould and dried food left in the kitchen, floor was black, dried in fat, just really really vile. Anyway, husband walks in and says ‘ oh my god that’s ****’ he works in the team that sits opposite mine’. Husband confirmed that the man use to bring in home made cakes and bits for buffets and team lunches.

that is why I will never join in with home made things in the office
I used to fix PCs and laptops at IT company premises. You would be quite shocked/disgusted at the amount of unsavoury gunk held trapped behind the keys of a keyboard!

One bloke in my office used to eat all sorts of crap throughout the day for weeks on end. Then he had a problem with his desktop. Turned out it was his keyboard. I gave it a good shake upside down and all sorts of shite fell out including moldy cheese, bits of green coloured chicken, a finger nail, dead skin/or dandruff and black bread crumbs.

I did tell him not to eat over his keyboard in future. but he just shrugged and carried on regardless

(Believe it or not the contents held inside of a keyboard contain more germs than a toilet seat! Turn it upside down, give it a tap and watch it snow!)

• Sick
Reactions: 23
People who make their tea or coffee (without offering!) before coming into a handover when the previous shift are waiting to leave, height of rudeness

Second the heating fish! Have one woman who frequently microwaves tuna in a small office, another who cooks salmon :sick:

When they don’t wipe down appliances properly either! I don’t care if you’re the only one making a cheese toastie, it’s still rank to leave the George Foreman grill covered in crumbs, just like it’s rank when I open the microwave to see soup splat from some ignorant fuckwit!

I hate when lazy staff complete ONE task then make a big song and dance, expecting validation for it. Well done, you finally shifted your arse and done some work! Feel like giving them a gold star

Also the ones who try to one up you, you know the sort if you’ve been to Tenerife they’ve been to Elevenerife. Made the mistake once, of mentioning that I had period pain, to the work hypochondriac. She proceeded to tell me how “I could have it worse” before listing all her imaginary aches and pains 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I hate when lazy staff complete ONE task then make a big song and dance, expecting validation for it. Well done, you finally shifted your arse and done some work! Feel like giving them a gold star
Yes these people! Usually it’s something that is actually a basic part of their job too! Come to me and ask for your medal when you’ve done something above and beyond. Anything that’s part of the daily shift routine isn’t worthy of making a scene about, next.

Bit of a weird one, but I can’t stand people who take the glory for something you’ve done. I don’t do my job for the “glory” (believe me there isn’t much in it) but when you’ve worked so bloody hard all day, made a million decisions, fought hard for something to happen, spent ages on a task or cracked a difficult scenario or whatever and someone comes along and goes “oh yeah so I did this...” and gets a round of applause and a pat on the arse at ward round / handover - furious.

Also - people who can’t possibly do ANY work (yet insist on coming in to tell everyone how much work they can’t do that day) because they’re ill with some random ailment. A toe injury or a bruised chin. (Same people, quite regularly). If it’s that life altering then please go home and we will arrange actual cover for you rather than attempting to do our own work and yours as well whilst you sit there moaning on and on. 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It is so rude to think people won't have heard old songs or watched old tv shows cos we are younger . I always remind them about youtube.

Reactions: 7
Breathe !
And
Worked beside a girl who munched on apples. I had to get up and go for a walk when she got them out.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
When they accept overtime, then complain that people aren't doing their fair share. Stop saying yes and give everyone else a chance then! I often don't get asked and then find it very annoying to hear colleagues moaning. If you just say no then it will be offered to someone else!! I feel as though they do it just so that they can moan and look good for doing all the overtime.

Reactions: 14
Eat loudly with their mouth open 🤬 and very slowly eat a crisp at a time making it last for half an hour 😬

The people trying to force you to eat cake when you'd rather not, I swear some of them come September tell me it's Christmas and I should "treat" myself with factory junk food :rolleyes: I'm ok, you have it if you want to.
The cake thing 😡 "having a bit of cake won't hurt you" always wanted to respond with "well not having it won't hurt you"

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Can relate with being young! I work in an office with 2 women, 1 is 50 and the other is 60! I’m 25.
They always pass me the jobs they can’t be arsed to do and say “you’ll get it done much quicker as you’re much younger!!” 🤬 one of them is a avid cyclist - I am not!!! (No offence to anyone who is) but all she talks about is bikesssssss it drives me MAD!!!!!!

Reactions: 9
Leaving food in their bowls then leaving said bowl in the sink, causing wet lettuce and pasta to go everywhere 🤢

Not covering their food in the microwave so it explodes everywhere! 😫

Reactions: 9
I have a woman who reads out her emails out loud to herself. Then when she writes out the replies, reads them out to herself, as she types. USE YOUR bleeping INSIDE VOICE YOU BELLEND.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I have a woman who reads out her emails out loud to herself. Then when she writes out the replies, reads them out to herself, as she types. USE YOUR bleeping INSIDE VOICE YOU BELLEND.
My husband does this. I honestly think he is incapable of reading in his head!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I used to have a nightmare of a desk-mate at my old job. I felt a bit sorry for her at first but over time she began to grate on me until I couldn't stand her. She's just about pissed off everyone in the office and I still get gossip about her now from my friend who still works there.
She was always late and had the worst excuses for being so, constantly took sick days for ridiculous things like "Dealing with hate comments on Facebook", bragged about her sex life in the office which no one asked for, stuffed her face at her desk, cried to HR about the pettiest things, even tried to get someone fired when he hadn't done anything! She purposefully created drama and thrived on believing everyone was gossiping about her. I can't believe the company still employs her.

Where I work now is OK but I also get that "Ah you're so young!" - They were shocked to find I knew what a bleeping dial-up modem was 🤦🏼‍♀️
The diet culture in the office is disgusting though. The slim women sit there and make jokes about me going for a second biscuit. I don't come to work for someone to comment on my food habits tyvm. I don't make comments to her about her foul-smelling pickled beetroot she eats at her desk every day.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Back in my office days there was this girl who wore the same outfit day after day, tight Leather Mini skirt, no tights, high heels, white blouse and a black bra. Yes I know it's rather an odd thing to be annoyed about. What really got me was when I wore my leather trousers to work and got a verbal warning from HR.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Those that leave dirty food pots, plates and cutlery in the sink or on the table and expect someone else to clean it up. (Usually me, I can’t have my dinner in a dirty staff room).

ask to borrow my pen, then don’t return it for ages and get snotty when I ask for it back? 🤦🏻‍♀️🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Leaving food in their bowls then leaving said bowl in the sink, causing wet lettuce and pasta to go everywhere 🤢

Not covering their food in the microwave so it explodes everywhere! 😫
Both of the above - not to mention the fridge - furry 3 week old hummus! A salad that is slowly turning to liquid! Half a sandwich (contents no longer identifiable)! - nobody cares untill I chuck them away, then all hell breaks loose!!

• Sick
Reactions: 13
I used to fix PCs and laptops at IT company premises. You would be quite shocked/disgusted at the amount of unsavoury gunk held trapped behind the keys of a keyboard!

One bloke in my office used to eat all sorts of crap throughout the day for weeks on end. Then he had a problem with his desktop. Turned out it was his keyboard. I gave it a good shake upside down and all sorts of shite fell out including moldy cheese, bits of green coloured chicken, a finger nail, dead skin/or dandruff and black bread crumbs.

I did tell him not to eat over his keyboard in future. but he just shrugged and carried on regardless

(Believe it or not the contents held inside of a keyboard contain more germs than a toilet seat! Turn it upside down, give it a tap and watch it snow!)
That's the problem with people in offices, they don't give a duck for the equipment they use.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.