Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Plasticbox

Chatty Member
I watched a programme once on channel 4 about a man who was a hoarder and was extremely unclean and they went in and cleaned his house from top to bottom. There was mould and dried food left in the kitchen, floor was black, dried in fat, just really really vile. Anyway, husband walks in and says ‘ oh my god that’s ****’ he works in the team that sits opposite mine’. Husband confirmed that the man use to bring in home made cakes and bits for buffets and team lunches.

that is why I will never join in with home made things in the office

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 90

Sparks

Chatty Member
A girl I work with says 'welcome back' all the time. I will come back from lunch or out of a meeting and she will say it. Boils my piss, I wasn't gone that long!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I work in a small office, there is 1 solicitor, me (full time legal secretary) and 3 other part time secretaries.

I am 25. My colleagues are all 50+.

The most annoying thing which they all do is constantly mention me being "young". They'll be having a conversation, I'll try join in and get "oh you won't understand you're too young". I'll complete a piece of work really quickly and I'll get "wow you youngsters work fast". I'll run up the stairs to pick up the phone "I'm glad you went up, your young legs can handle the stairs better than mine"

It drives me absolutely insane!!! What annoying things do all of your colleagues do?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Eat loudly with their mouth open 🤬 and very slowly eat a crisp at a time making it last for half an hour 😬

The people trying to force you to eat cake when you'd rather not, I swear some of them come September tell me it's Christmas and I should "treat" myself with factory junk food :rolleyes: I'm ok, you have it if you want to.
I can really relate to the bit about people forcing you to eat cake. In my old job we were a large office of over 250 employees so often had buffets for birthdays/retirements etc. I always avoid the buffet like the plague. I'd seen plenty of people in that office come out of the loo without washing their hands so I was not willing to eat savoury eggs or sausage rolls which had potentially been fingered by one of them. I'd forever be subject to comments like "stop being so boring" "have a day off the diet!" "come on, join in"

I'm not on a diet Karen, neither am I boring, I just prefer my food un-fingered!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63

Kofi Annan

We have a fork biter. Yep. She eats at her desk and when she uses her fork she drags the food off it with her teeth and it makes a "nails down a chalkboard" type scraping noise. I have to go for a walk.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 51

Yel

Chatty Member
Eat loudly with their mouth open 🤬 and very slowly eat a crisp at a time making it last for half an hour 😬

The people trying to force you to eat cake when you'd rather not, I swear some of them come September tell me it's Christmas and I should "treat" myself with factory junk food :rolleyes: I'm ok, you have it if you want to.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
When I used to work for an IT company full-time you always had one or two colleagues who would arrive late every morning and leave early every evening with some lame excuse. And they always wanted to have the Easter and Christmas holidays off because they had children, which meant everybody else had to work through those holidays including the night shift.

And yet they always complained when somebody else was late coming into work or left early.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Loulou_23

VIP Member
Eating stinky food at their desk is a pet hate of mine and anyone who reheats fish in the office kitchen 🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I work in a small office, there is 1 solicitor, me (full time legal secretary) and 3 other part time secretaries.

I am 25. My colleagues are all 50+.

The most annoying thing which they all do is constantly mention me being "young". They'll be having a conversation, I'll try join in and get "oh you won't understand you're too young". I'll complete a piece of work really quickly and I'll get "wow you youngsters work fast". I'll run up the stairs to pick up the phone "I'm glad you went up, your young legs can handle the stairs better than mine"

It drives me absolutely insane!!! What annoying things do all of your colleagues do?
Oh my god this happens to me all the time too and I’m not even that young! I get annoyed when my colleagues in their 50s automatically assume I can help them with anything to do with the computers, or leave that stuff to me because “you young people know how to do it”.... I wasn’t born knowing how to use Microsoft word ffs!! Bloody learn!

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
If I get a personal parcel delivered to work without fail someone will say ‘ooohh, what have you got?’, even if I just put it in my bag without opening it. I find it SO RUDE. It’s a fucking massive dildo Sandra, mind your own business.

Oh AND another one who constantly talks about ‘being naughty’ and failing at her ‘diet’. Every Monday it’s ’oh I’ve been so naughty this weekend, I must try and be good’. Just BE GOOD. Or, eat what you enjoy in moderation and don’t be so restrictive with a diet that you set yourself up to fail. Does my head in.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

Doc

VIP Member
Diet bores. You have the twenty somethings obsessed about being “fat” when they’re not. They’re average and normal. The forty something who lost loads of weight and is now a fitness guru who feels compelled to advise you on how to eat and tells you how marvellous her diet is. The women constantly lurching from one diet plan to another and never looking any different.

Reactions: 34

PennyLane321

A woman started in my office about a year ago. She’s 50+ but came in at entry level. I was senior to her when she started and shortly after earned another promotion and she has a massive chip on her shoulder about it (I’m in my 20s). She constantly tries to undermine me and make little digs. It wouldn’t bother so much if she wasn’t so terrible at her job 😂. She always refers to herself as an “older woman” and thinks she should be treated differently and given undue respect just because she’s 50 odd. Don’t think so hen

• Haha
Reactions: 33

WilmaHun

VIP Member
There’s a lady in my office who thinks she’s the best at her job (really not) loves loudly pointing out other people’s mistakes across a full office (before wfh) really makes sure everyone can hear!
So rude when she’s not great either!
I had a clanger of a mistake she made, but I still thought it would be petty of me to publicly shame her 🤷🏻‍♀️
I too have somebody like this! She LOVES to send an email to the person who made the mistake with the rest of the team copied in stating "copying the team in so you're all aware not to do this :)" It really annoys me. If I were to make a genuine mistake, I would be all for somebody quietly pulling me aside and showing me the correct way, in fact, I'd appreciate it. But the way this woman loves to publicly shame people is wrong.

She once copied one of the partners in on her email correcting somebody (obviously thinking it made her look really good) and he commented that "he doesn't need to be copied in on things which don't involve him". I was so pleased she didn't get the reaction she had hoped for

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

Lipgoss

Fish eaters do my nut in. There is no need to bring things into an enclosed space which contains that awful tuna mayo smell or sushi. Like egg.
Someone in my office brought in their leftover Octopus and heated it up in the microwave 🙃

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

WilmaHun

VIP Member
This one might be relevant to my specific workplace only but we'll see.

I work as a legal secretary whilst I'm doing my own law degree for a solicitor. He's a very old school solicitor and clearly thinks he is something special. So much so that he won't even engage properly in conversation with people beneath his paygrade. For example, yesterday the office needed some toilet roll, tissues and milk. I was the only secretary in so it fell on me to sort it. Rather than just politely asking me to go and get them, he came and placed a note on my desk (I was sat there at the time) that simply said "Shop - toilet roll, tissue, milk - need this morning". Before walking away he tapped the note three times - no words were spoken. He does not say hello when he arrives and neither does he say goodbye when he leaves. He kept forwarding emails on to me which he was receiving and putting "print for file". When I asked him if he knew how to print said emails (just in case he didn't!) his reply was "yes I do, but that's an admin job which I won't do".

Now, I know when you reach a certain level that some jobs do fall to those beneath you, and as a secretary filing is part of my role however to ask me to print an email which he is currently working on, and has the file himself is just lazy imo. It's taken more time for him to forward it on to me that it would for him to just click print. I also don't care how high up you are in your role, basic manners cost nothing so greeting people hello and goodbye is not beneath you. Nor is politely asking somebody to do something rather than shoving a note in their face!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

Glamourelle

I have a woman who reads out her emails out loud to herself. Then when she writes out the replies, reads them out to herself, as she types. USE YOUR FUCKING INSIDE VOICE YOU BELLEND.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

derbyshiregirl

For collections at our work place it’s always a fiver. Every bloody week there’s someone’s birthday, getting married...wiping their arse lol. I wish you could choose what to put in, depending on how much you like the person lol. At Christmas it’s always a tenner for the boss, who lives in a mortgage free house and taking in ten times more salary than me. Me, bitter? lol noooo.

• Wow
  • Angry

Moolo

I have two (actually I have many as im a moody sod!)

One is someone I work with closely who sings every last word of every sentence. Stop it ffs, no one is that happy!

Second one is a lady that I work with who asks me every time I see her (every few months) when im having kids, why im not pregnant yet, got to hurry up as im old etc. My husband and I are dealing with infertility and every time she questions me about this it makes me cry but im also ridiculously private about that stuff so never know what to say. I work from home majority of time even before covid so at least I don't get to see her often.

Never get why that stuff interests people so much - piss off.

• Sad
  • Heart