Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work with a female who does the loudest burps šŸ¤¢ and itā€™s a regular occurrence. But itā€™s laziness that drives me mad.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
My boss is married to the big boss, heā€™s been working there for years.. her for a matter of months (nepotism or what?!). She overshares their life to the MAX. Talking about their sex life, constantly making innuendos, talks about her past trauma with no thought of what other people have been through. I canā€™t complain to the person above her as itā€™s the person sheā€™s married to and I would most likely get the boot before she would even tho she has crossed the line!!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Reading these itā€™s making me think I wonder what people find annoying about me šŸ˜‚ I probably talk about my kids a lot šŸ˜³
It's not the talking about kids that gets me, I like a bit of chit chat, its the constant having a phone shoved in my face with pictures of the little darlings doing this, that and everything in between!!

Reactions: 5
I work in a well paid profession and we are all pretty experienced and good at what we do. The past 2 years we have been inundated with young And obnoxious 20 odd year old graduates who all seem to think they are too good to actually work for their money as they seem to think 3 years at Uni means they know it all šŸ™„ All of them are normally family of other regions bossā€™ who lumber our regional office with them because itā€™s nepotism thatā€™s got them the job and in reality they are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. They all come with a 2nd class degree and a 6th in life skills so donā€™t have a clue about how to actually do the job šŸ™„ we currently have a 25 year old getting 30K for an admin job she canā€™t do because she is a niece of someone.

I don't even want to tell how many times I had to explain to some people that their email won't go because xyz@gmail isn't a complete email address šŸ˜‚ They aren't even "old", they had just as much time as the rest of us to learn things. My parents are older than my work people and both of them work with computers on a regular basis. I get asking for help for tricky stuff but not the basics. We've had computers for decades, it's not like 6 of us are trying to learn the literacy in front of a massive white Packard Bell anymore. If it's expected of the young ones, it should be expected of the older employees too.
I have the opposite in my office. When we complain they are getting a good wage for easy work and they should know what they are doing we get ā€œoh, theyā€™re young give them a chanceā€ šŸ™„ But their young people on big boys wages so they need to step up.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I work with a female who does the loudest burps šŸ¤¢ and itā€™s a regular occurrence. But itā€™s laziness that drives me mad.
I have a disgusting burper too. Pretends to be shocked when they do it!! How can you pretend you didn't know that long disgusting loud burp was coming?

Another one is smoking. I'm an ex smoker and have nothing against people who smoke . But asking if it's ok for them to go out for a smoke. You're a grown woman and you're asking me. One occasion I was really engrossed in my work and they asked. I half answered and they took it as me having a problem. They have quite serious health issues made worse by the smoking. They constantly go on about needing to give up etc and is super sensitive thinking that people judge them for smoking. They asked me if I had a problem with them going out for a cigarette. I replied no, but I do have a problem with you keep asking my permission. That went down well.

So in a nutshell one of my biggest bugbears with colleagues is projection. Same with my colleagues always complaining about their weight and that they need to go on a diet. I'm included in the conversation yet put down because I'm perceived to be "thin" and don't understand.

My males colleagues are the best. No digs, no hidden agenda and no backstabbing.

Reactions: 10
Can relate with being young! I work in an office with 2 women, 1 is 50 and the other is 60! Iā€™m 25.
They always pass me the jobs they canā€™t be arsed to do and say ā€œyouā€™ll get it done much quicker as youā€™re much younger!!ā€ šŸ¤¬ one of them is a avid cyclist - I am not!!! (No offence to anyone who is) but all she talks about is bikesssssss it drives me MAD!!!!!!
This really gets to me. When you're in a job age doesn't matter, you're employed because you are fit for the job the same as I am. Regardless of if there is 30 years between us, so you do your share and I do mine!

Reactions: 4
I work with an ā€œoversharerā€. She talks very openly and loudly about every aspect of her and her kids boring little lives. She routinely describes the content of their nappies to whole office :sick:.

I also work with a man whoā€™s personal hygiene is a threat to peopleā€™s health and safety. He has a finger permanently lodged up his nose and wears the same clothes for 3/4 days. He doesnā€™t even smell of BO as much as just pure filth? Then has the cheek to moan that the smell of perfume irritates him! Itā€™s to mask YOUR STENCH!!
Have we been working in the same places? šŸ¤£

It was me and this woman in her late 50s doing morning shifts and she would turn up absolutely bladdered. All she done was yap. An oversharer who I tit you not, was telling me about her neighbours mothers kidney stones!! She had another evening job and would share trivial gossip from them like I knew or cared about their debts or them taking their cats to the vet. I couldn't cope.

And another, who I had to work in a small space with. He absolutely stank. He had all crap beneath his nails and really overpowering breath that would circulate the room. He also too had the audacity to say perfume "stunk". Anything he touched seemed to leave a bit of a lergy.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Oh my days I agree with so many of these but the one that always bugs me is people toilet habits. I get most people donā€™t like to go at work but I canā€™t be avoided however if you do please flush and make sure itā€™s all gone and use a bit of air freshener etc. One woman used to go religiously every day after her morning coffee to the single toilet which closed properly but would then swing it open when she left didnā€™t close the door behind which backed into the office till we all got a whiff of her breakfast coming out šŸ˜·
Omg ahahaha this sounds like my old work place šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢

I work with an ā€œoversharerā€. She talks very openly and loudly about every aspect of her and her kids boring little lives. She routinely describes the content of their nappies to whole office :sick:.
Why do people do that?! A few weeks ago, we were all in the changing room getting ready to head home but one woman was parading around showing her phone to everyone exclaiming ā€œIā€™m so proud! Iā€™ll have to buy her a present on my way home, isnā€™t it lovely when your girl becomes a womanā€. Everyone was awkwardly going ā€œoh yes soandso, how greatā€ with weird forced smiles on their face so I was obviously intrigued. It got to my turn and I realised it was a picture that her daughter had sent her of some bloody toilet roll! šŸ˜© And she was showing the whole room!?!! This woman is an over sharer normally but that did it for me...

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
That colleague that just doesnā€™t get ā€œIā€™m busyā€ vibes. Back when I worked in an office pre-covid, if I needed to get stuff done, Iā€™d put my headphones in (noise cancelling), block out the world and focus. There was one person who would just come and kind of hang next to me... ā€œSorry Iā€™m busyā€ - ā€œitā€™s ok, itā€™s just quickā€. It was never quick and it was never related to work šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Also, people who use your stuff. I had a chair and desk, along with various bits and bobs that I had because i have hip/back issues. All clearly labelled with ā€˜do not move/use/adjustā€™ etc. The amount of times Iā€™d find the chair half way across the office with something else using it, ā€œoh I didnā€™t knowā€ and then refusing to give it back because they like it. Read then!!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
When they ask you a question and then question your answer. Or when they only read half of an email so you have to ask again :mad:

Reactions: 6
That colleague that just doesnā€™t get ā€œIā€™m busyā€ vibes. Back when I worked in an office pre-covid, if I needed to get stuff done, Iā€™d put my headphones in (noise cancelling), block out the world and focus. There was one person who would just come and kind of hang next to me... ā€œSorry Iā€™m busyā€ - ā€œitā€™s ok, itā€™s just quickā€. It was never quick and it was never related to work šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Also, people who use your stuff. I had a chair and desk, along with various bits and bobs that I had because i have hip/back issues. All clearly labelled with ā€˜do not move/use/adjustā€™ etc. The amount of times Iā€™d find the chair half way across the office with something else using it, ā€œoh I didnā€™t knowā€ and then refusing to give it back because they like it. Read then!!
Totally get that first bit. Thereā€™s one or two repeat offenders of this in my office ( at least.... pre covid!). Iā€™ll be stressed and trying to get something really complex done and they will just start randomly chatting AT me about something really pointless like what their weekend plans are. Iā€™ll make it really obvious Iā€™m busy and just give one word answers but they just donā€™t stop! How unaware can someone be?! Also people using my freaking mug, itā€™s so clearly mine (personalised and was a leaving gift from a previous job) and itā€™ll go missing for days and turn up on the other side of the building in another office. People are so oblivious!

Reactions: 2
Oversharers will always update you on a "Jackie" you don't know, no matter what.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I used to work with a woman at an IT company who constantly badgered me about my sex life (I told her I was a lesbian), and she would sometimes say "Look at her, does she tick your boxes?" or "Than Leanna looks lush. I bet you'd love to get your face between her thighs!"

Because I was contracting at this company on a 3 month contract, I didn't realise she was the office gossip. And when I replied to her second question by saying "Leanna looks great, but I don't know if she's into women!"

This woman later scurried up to Leanna and more or less suggested I'd like to "lick her to Heaven and back!" (her words). And then of course Leanna confronted me about this, which caused an argument while this gossiping witch looked on, probably inwardly smiling for stirring some tit.

So I always keep my private life private regardless who I am working for. Trust is a hard earned thing sometimes.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Omg there is a woman in my office who is like this! She sits on a bank of desks near our bank and is technically part of our team but she is part of a separate smaller team. If ANYONE on our bank is having a chat she is always, always listening, she hears everything! And sometimes she will jump in and answer questions that aren't even aimed at her! It drives everyone on my bank crazy!
omg do you work with me lol ! do i have a coworker tattler ?
We have exact same in my office..my desk bank will be having a group chat (or one or two on bank chatting ) and woman on desk behind is always ready to pounce into the conversation! we try and chat but dont turn round so she cant catch our eye!
it is so annoying..she will also blatantly come over and stand next to you and interrupt the chat !

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Graduates who have done 3 years at Uni but have never worked a day in their life thinking that a ā€œdegreeā€ makes them oh so knowledgeable about everything even though they canā€™t even fill in paperwork correctly or understand the basics of what we do.

people who stink the office fridge out with stinking food.

mouldy coffee cups

Getting emails from someone who sits right beside you

Blind outside phone calls being directed to my desk phone (I usually just get internal calls)

people who jam the copier and leave it or people who use the last of the paper/toner and donā€™t replace it

I also work with a man whoā€™s personal hygiene is a threat to peopleā€™s health and safety. He has a finger permanently lodged up his nose and wears the same clothes for 3/4 days. He doesnā€™t even smell of BO as much as just pure filth? Then has the cheek to moan that the smell of perfume irritates him! Itā€™s to mask YOUR STENCH!!
Did we work with the same man? šŸ˜³ I had this exact experience, even down to the complaining about the perfume and the smell not being B.O but like something rotting. Does his name begin with A? šŸ˜…
Edited to say he wasnā€™t annoying cos he smelt, he had many annoying characteristics.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I work in a well paid profession and we are all pretty experienced and good at what we do. The past 2 years we have been inundated with young And obnoxious 20 odd year old graduates who all seem to think they are too good to actually work for their money as they seem to think 3 years at Uni means they know it all šŸ™„ All of them are normally family of other regions bossā€™ who lumber our regional office with them because itā€™s nepotism thatā€™s got them the job and in reality they are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. They all come with a 2nd class degree and a 6th in life skills so donā€™t have a clue about how to actually do the job šŸ™„ we currently have a 25 year old getting 30K for an admin job she canā€™t do because she is a niece of someone.
I'm in my late 20s āœ”
I'm a graduate āœ”
I spent 3 years at uni āœ”
I worked in an IT environment full time āœ”
But no nepotism for me (phew!)

But fortunately I wasn't pig-headed or arrogant enough to go into a datacentre full of old pros and start telling them where they were going wrong etc. I just more or less kept quiet until I learned the ropes and became familiar with some of the characters there. But it was clear that some of their IT methods were sorely out of date and needed a fresh pair of eyes. They put up some resistance of course, but with a bit of pragmatism we got there in the end - more or less.

Reactions: 2
Did we work with the same man? šŸ˜³ I had this exact experience, even down to the complaining about the perfume and the smell not being B.O but like something rotting. Does his name begin with A? šŸ˜…
Edited to say he wasnā€™t annoying cos he smelt, he had many annoying characteristics.
No, his name doesnā€™t begin with A. Terrifying to think that thereā€™s more than one of them out there šŸ¤£

• Haha
People who make a mess in the kitchen and don't clean up after themselves "because that's what the cleaner is paid for." Is it really that hard to wipe up a spill or crumbs? I dread to think what state their homes are in, entitled lazy shits.

There's one girl who really annoys me because she is so so cheap and never contributes to anything but is always first to any free food from birthdays/leaving parties/payday treats and absolutely pigs out šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.