Anastasia Kingsnorth #4 Look at me, I’m rich and famous but I still top up my mum’s tax credits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching the video I could feel my piss starting to fizz! She kept saying I want to buy the luxury items and treats but then proceeds to get nappies and shower gels...like, it's nice she got those but they aren't a treat or a luxury they are a bloody necessity! I honestly felt like I could've happily shook her head through the screen 😠
Omg Im watching right now & thought the same. When she was talking about treats & luxuries I thought she was going to get the nice Christmas chocolates & crisps & stuff. Really irked me as well with the trolleys, they were nowhere near full (esp if you compare to her previous video where they were overflowing when it was for themselves!) and a 10 minute time limit?! You're kidding me! She's in a position where she could afford 3 trolleys full or even more, I mean she said their last trolley challenge they spent over £600. Poor effort from her, makes it more obvious it's because others are doing it.

Reactions: 26
Why the hell did she buy two packs of pampers for £18... when she could have brought about 8 packs of Tesco’s nappies for that price! That girl is deluded and she doesn’t have a bloody clue!!! Everything they put in those trollies were branded items!!! They could have got so much more for the money if they brought supermarket own branded stuff. Food banks won’t give a crap weather its branded or not, neither will the people receiving the items . Again it’s all about showing off and look what I can afford. Bore of Ana

• Angry
Reactions: 36
Omg Im watching right now & thought the same. When she was talking about treats & luxuries I thought she was going to get the nice Christmas chocolates & crisps & stuff. Really irked me as well with the trolleys, they were nowhere near full (esp if you compare to her previous video where they were overflowing when it was for themselves!) and a 10 minute time limit?! You're kidding me! She's in a position where she could afford 3 trolleys full or even more, I mean she said their last trolley challenge they spent over £600. Poor effort from her, makes it more obvious it's because others are doing it.
I was confused over why they set a time limit especially when they didn't seem to be rushing, the time limit didn't really matter, it had no real context. I think packing as much into the trolley would have been a better challenge. I agree it seemed wasteful that everything was branded, so many more families could have benefited from the haul if it was own brand. Nevertheless it was a nice thing to do, it's more items for the food bank which is the main thing. I've donated already at Tesco and we are doing something through work too, hopefully this trend continues with vloggers as the food banks really do need the extra donations at the moment.

Reactions: 16
Why the hell did she buy two packs of pampers for £18... when she could have brought about 8 packs of Tesco’s nappies for that price! That girl is deluded and she doesn’t have a bloody clue!!! Everything they put in those trollies were branded items!!! They could have got so much more for the money if they brought supermarket own branded stuff. Food banks won’t give a crap weather its branded or not, neither will the people receiving the items . Again it’s all about showing off and look what I can afford. Bore of Ana
Did you notice they only went for the big brands? Robinson’s squash when own brand would be sufficient same with weetabix And pretty much all else they bought, could’ve spent the same and got double if they hadn’t gone for brands

• Angry
Reactions: 10
It's a shame I do think she's OK, bit young and naive, and spoilt. Her mum should lead her down a better path though but I feel she's a bit of a loser. She had to get a dna test because she didn't know who Ana's dad was?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Funny because Ana's mum should've pushed her to give back more especially as they always go on about Ana's rags-to-riches upbringing lol - Also Julie always buys unbranded items when she does her shopping, even their fizzy drink is unbranded!! Who doesnt drink real Coke!! Which is why I'm surprised they bought all that branded stuff. Just shows they really don't care as long as they show they're doing something. They ust don't think smart.
Again, comparing her to Saffron as they are BFF's, every year since she's been on Youtube, they donate shoeboxes full of things for specific people in need for xmas (one shoebox per person, they give a lot), she really highlighted it last year. Wendy said they've been doing it since her kids have been young and even Casey does it with his own family now. Its important for parents to instil these values in their children, we learn from what we see and clearly even though Julie was broke and relied on universal credit, she still turns her nose up at the less fortunate and homeless. She comes across very harsh and self-centred. I bet she's the type to vote conservative just because Ana is raking it in lol.

Reactions: 12
Funny because Ana's mum should've pushed her to give back more especially as they always go on about Ana's rags-to-riches upbringing lol - Also Julie always buys unbranded items when she does her shopping, even their fizzy drink is unbranded!! Who doesnt drink real Coke!! Which is why I'm surprised they bought all that branded stuff. Just shows they really don't care as long as they show they're doing something. They ust don't think smart.
Again, comparing her to Saffron as they are BFF's, every year since she's been on Youtube, they donate shoeboxes full of things for specific people in need for xmas (one shoebox per person, they give a lot), she really highlighted it last year. Wendy said they've been doing it since her kids have been young and even Casey does it with his own family now. Its important for parents to instil these values in their children, we learn from what we see and clearly even though Julie was broke and relied on universal credit, she still turns her nose up at the less fortunate and homeless. She comes across very harsh and self-centred. I bet she's the type to vote conservative just because Ana is raking it in lol.
Saffron also donates a lot to charity shops, doesn’t always film it

Reactions: 7
Julie definitely wasn't happy doing that. You can see it in her face throughout the video but at least she's happier doing it for their own needs knowing they can afford it but is grumpy doing it for people in desparete need. Disgusting

Reactions: 8
The time limit actually makes me furious!! "Oh look at me, I've bought pampers", stop showing off!!!! Food banks and people who use them don't care about brands, they are grateful for the cheapest brand. We regularly do a shop specifically for the local food bank and we can get so much food and toiletries etc by getting the cheap brand. She hasn't done this to be kind, she's done it for the views and "Aw how kind is Ana" comments 🙄🙄

Reactions: 16
The time limit actually makes me furious!! "Oh look at me, I've bought pampers", stop showing off!!!! Food banks and people who use them don't care about brands, they are grateful for the cheapest brand. We regularly do a shop specifically for the local food bank and we can get so much food and toiletries etc by getting the cheap brand. She hasn't done this to be kind, she's done it for the views and "Aw how kind is Ana" comments 🙄🙄
I work in a supermarket and one of the local businesses in my town come every year before Xmas and do a shop for the food bank, they just buy the cheapest stuff but they buy 12 of everything, they literally do a whole shop for 12 families and it costs them £200.
I did not see the need to buy branded items.

why do they need to film it though?? She’s making a video out of it and making money! She’s only doing this because we all have called her out on it. She could’ve done a massive shop, way more bigger than she done in the video and donated it without filming and profited from it. She earned all that money back from that video!

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Funny how when the trolley full is for them, the focus is on fitting as much in the trolley as possible. Not quite the same when they're not the ones benefitting from it 🤔

• Angry
Reactions: 14
I work in a supermarket and one of the local businesses in my town come every year before Xmas and do a shop for the food bank, they just buy the cheapest stuff but they buy 12 of everything, they literally do a whole shop for 12 families and it costs them £200.
I did not see the need to buy branded items.
Aww, how lovely!! You don't hear of many businesses doing that. Exactly, you can get so much more for the money by getting the cheapest brand.

Reactions: 6
Aww, how lovely!! You don't hear of many businesses doing that. Exactly, you can get so much more for the money by getting the cheapest brand.
I know! Yeah u deffo can, surely people who need to use the food bank will not give a tit if it’s branded they will just be grateful for the help

Reactions: 5
why do they need to film it though?? She’s making a video out of it and making money! She’s only doing this because we all have called her out on it. She could’ve done a massive shop, way more bigger than she done in the video and donated it without filming and profited from it. She earned all that money back from that video!
Filming it can be good, it highlights the poverty so many are living in. Most here are fully aware of life outside the YouTube bubble of spending but some of her younger viewers may not.
However the way it was filmed, buying big brands, on a time limit with big packs was shite. All those sauces but not 1 bag of pasta, saying treats were toilet roll, shower gel...it's Christmas pick up 6 tubs of chocolates, a few Christmas puddings, selection boxes that's a treat!
I'm sure the food bank were grateful but they could have done so much more. They filled their own trollies better in 10 minutes than this.
This didn't feel like giving back, it felt half hearted and ignorant.

Reactions: 9
Filming it can be good, it highlights the poverty so many are living in. Most here are fully aware of life outside the YouTube bubble of spending but some of her younger viewers may not.
However the way it was filmed, buying big brands, on a time limit with big packs was shite. All those sauces but not 1 bag of pasta, saying treats were toilet roll, shower gel...it's Christmas pick up 6 tubs of chocolates, a few Christmas puddings, selection boxes that's a treat!
I'm sure the food bank were grateful but they could have done so much more. They filled their own trollies better in 10 minutes than this.
This didn't feel like giving back, it felt half hearted and ignorant.
How condescending... It's bad enough that it is at the discretion of us better off people if and what the less fortunate will receive, they're also treated as self affirming fodder for teenage airheads. She should have gone to that shop with her designer bag

Reactions: 5
because then she can write it off as expenses for her channel....

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Like others said already her latest video.. why get the brands??? why the time limit???

it defo felt very half hearted!!

I’m honestly kind of a little shocked? I thought they were a family that often had tesco own branded products themselves? But I guess maybe they thought buying branded products for food banks was a way of showing off.

Reactions: 13
I’m glad people (even Ana) are doing these challenges because even if it encourages ONE person to donate ONE item to a foodbank next time they do their shopping, it’s worth it. However, it doesn’t look good when in every other fill your trolley challenge, they’ve piled them up until they’re overflowing but for this one you didn’t see that same effort. Dadvgirls did a challenge where they bought gifts (some very very expensive!) for young people who are likely to not receive any other Christmas’s gift, and they are also donating their video proceeds and merch proceeds to charity too, which I thought was a really lovely gesture. Molly (beauty spectrum) bought lots of own brand items which meant they donated LOTS of food and it was all for under £60 rather than wasting money on the same items in branded packaging. I was in hospital for 6 months (including over Christmas) when I was 16-17 years old and the year after I saved up and bought tonnes of stuff to try and cheer up the patients who were in that hospital ward that I would’ve loved when I was in there (books, games, puzzles, chocolates, biscuits, dvds). I didn’t think anything of it at the time because it just felt like the right thing to do. I didn’t feel like I had to limit myself on what I was buying, I just had a budget of how much I had saved and tried to make the most of it. But then you see people like Ana who spend £1000+ on their friend for Christmas buying ridiculous materialistic tit when that £1000 could’ve bought 18x the amount of stuff Molly bought (not saying Molly didn’t buy enough as I think she did a wonderful thing, just using it as a comparison/example) and changed so many lives this winter.

Ana did this challenge to look good, not to do good.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.