Anastasia Kingsnorth #4 Look at me, I’m rich and famous but I still top up my mum’s tax credits

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think opening the video promoting your podcast is the most appropriate...

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The food bank challenge ?

Why didn’t she just make it in to a vlog type video her doin Research and explaining that she wasn’t going to buy branded food because she could get more for her money and help the less fortunate buying stored brand I feel like they brought branded to look better instead of showing people why cheaper unbranded food will go further help more people and point of saying her and her mum was paying each other’s Julie don’t work we’re she getin £100 to spend on food when she lived in 2 to bed house for years I feel she did the video to look good and don’t bother looking into it till they was say out side the supermarket when Julie phoned the food bank it didn’t sound bothered what they was saying 🤨

Reactions: 13
Ana's influenced me a huge amount. Everything she does I do the complete opposite in sheer horror...

She goes on holiday, I stay at home.
She gets naked on the gram, I put on more layers.
She spends thousands on crap, I pinch the pennies.

I like to think she's made me a better adjusted and all round good sort as a result. I'm now better educated, better dressed and better behaved.

Thanks Ana! Xx
Omg 😂♥

Why didn’t she just make it in to a vlog type video her doin Research and explaining that she wasn’t going to buy branded food because she could get more for her money and help the less fortunate buying stored brand I feel like they brought branded to look better instead of showing people why cheaper unbranded food will go further help more people and point of saying her and her mum was paying each other’s Julie don’t work we’re she getin £100 to spend on food when she lived in 2 to bed house for years I feel she did the video to look good and don’t bother looking into it till they was say out side the supermarket when Julie phoned the food bank it didn’t sound bothered what they was saying 🤨
To look good, to show off because she's got money... Same difference really.

Reactions: 6
Free doughnuts, can’t imagine the conversation she had with the people working there, “yeah I’m famous on YouTube so they said I could have some free doughnuts?”

Pay for something you unshowered sponge

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I didn't mind that she got branded products because of it being a 'fill your trolly'
As I think the only difference wouldve been how much Ana spent, and not how much food etc was donated.
A better challenge that mightve helped even more, would maybe be if she decided how much money first & then saw just how far that money could go with cheaper products etc.

Which also could inspire people watching who might have a spare £5/10 for example, to realise that could buy quite a few items

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Free doughnuts, can’t imagine the conversation she had with the people working there, “yeah I’m famous on YouTube so they said I could have some free doughnuts?”

“Unshowered sponge.”🤣😭

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Not meaning to brag here, but I was once in a little cafe thing and got a tea to go, the lad who served me and my OH gave it us for free... I swear it's because he over heard me feeling sorry for him having a Lostprophets tattoo 😎😎

I didn't mind that she got branded products because of it being a 'fill your trolly'
As I think the only difference wouldve been how much Ana spent, and not how much food etc was donated.
A better challenge that mightve helped even more, would maybe be if she decided how much money first & then saw just how far that money could go with cheaper products etc.

Which also could inspire people watching who might have a spare £5/10 for example, to realise that could buy quite a few items
This.

Reactions: 3
Watching the video now and I’m only 2 minutes in, Julie seems so bored 😂😂 “I’m really going to enjoy this”- I don’t think so
She was absolutely not there for it she was probably getting all uppity about getting to the polling station on time and making her Tory vote.

Reactions: 4

Yup! I’m a teacher and have done something similar with my students in my tutor group. We’re making donations for our local food bank and I put together three example ‘packs’ of what you can get with a budget - £1, £5 or £10. They were all really pleasantly surprised by how much was in each pack! Even the £1 you’d get a good meal or two out of as its all unbranded.

Reactions: 12

what I don’t get is she said the food bank needed size 5 & 6 nappies so she picks up 2 packs of pampers size 5 not one of each size and they were on 2 for £18 she would have been better off Tesco nappies she would have got 3 packs of size 5 & 3 packs of size 6 for the same price and more people would have benefited from it I 🤦🏻‍♀️ would have picked up wipes as well but oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 10
what I don’t get is she said the food bank needed size 5 & 6 nappies so she picks up 2 packs of pampers size 5 not one of each size and they were on 2 for £18 she would have been better off Tesco nappies she would have got 3 packs of size 5 & 3 packs of size 6 for the same price and more people would have benefited from it I 🤦🏻‍♀️ would have picked up wipes as well but oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️
And possibly nappy cream 🙄

Reactions: 3
I think a good idea for this challenge would have been:
- For Ana to get into contact with a local food bank who she was going to donate to and see what items they need most.
- Write a list of all of that stuff, then for her to take one Trolley, and Julie to take another.
- One of them gets all of the products on the list as branded items only.
- The other one gets the same items on the list but cheapest/home brand.
- They compare the price between the two trolley loads to show the major difference, then donate everything in both trolleys to the food bank.

Reactions: 29
Filming it can be good, it highlights the poverty so many are living in. Most here are fully aware of life outside the YouTube bubble of spending but some of her younger viewers may not.
However the way it was filmed, buying big brands, on a time limit with big packs was shite. All those sauces but not 1 bag of pasta, saying treats were toilet roll, shower gel...it's Christmas pick up 6 tubs of chocolates, a few Christmas puddings, selection boxes that's a treat!
I'm sure the food bank were grateful but they could have done so much more. They filled their own trollies better in 10 minutes than this.
This didn't feel like giving back, it felt half hearted and ignorant.
Exactly! Especially for kids, you can get selection boxes and advent calenders for £1 each! Little things like that could make their Christmas when they have nothing

James and Carys are also doing this. They have 2 designer items that they are doing a raffle on for a giveaway. Donate money and be in with a chance of winning, all the profits go to charity. They've already got thousands, it's crazy!

Reactions: 4
Exactly! Especially for kids, you can get selection boxes and advent calenders for £1 each! Little things like that could make their Christmas when they have nothing

James and Carys are also doing this. They have 2 designer items that they are doing a raffle on for a giveaway. Donate money and be in with a chance of winning, all the profits go to charity. They've already got thousands, it's crazy!
Irish blogger Rosie Connolly has raised over €270,000 for children’s hospitals since only Monday !!!! Amazing 👏

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.