Alicej_t

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Went under £300k and with on street parking. How was that going to work with the Aston 🤣
Im sure that was only for an AD for a new home development you know! Don't think it was ever seriously what they were going for

Haha I like to think that the deleted photo on Shaun's account was one of his kids hacking in and throwing some shade AJT's way, unlikely I know 😂 I cannot imagine what they must think of the whole situation.

Her "achievements" paper was very revealing about what she most values (as well as being utter crap hahah) I just thought her list was so odd, she tries to inflate her outward signs of success so much, and she keeps telling the same old story over and over again - the single mum, brought herself up from nothing. Literally no one cares. None of that means a thing if you've got no idea who you really are, she just seems lost to me and is relying on her fantasy stories about herself and these outward achievements to build her sense of self.

And the ONLY reason she posted that photo was so that we could see all her supposed achievements too. She didn't have to let us see to make her point, but I think receiving validation is a huge part of her sense of self-worth. Appearances matter to AJT and receiving compliments seems to be a necessary thing for her.

And all the eye rolls about her words regarding imposter syndrome, she probably is struggling with imposter syndrome because she's telling a false narrative about herself! No wonder she's feeling "wobbly" from time to time. It sounds to me like she's just dismissing any thought that might lead to some real self reflection lol. You can view yourself as worthy and good enough while also being honest about who you are and what you've achieved. When you are relying on outward signs of success, or stories you've come to believe about yourself, you're not really beating imposter syndrome, you've just fallen into a different trap.

Like pretending her book was such a success. Clearly it was not. She could be honest about that while still appreciating the experience and seeing it as positive growth. I'm sure it was a fantastic learning experience that has a lot of worth. She could learn from it but no, she has to pretend she is a fabulous author with a complete hit. It's so blind and pointless, who is she trying to fool and why?

Also, way too many thoughts, but being a single mum is not an achievement, just like being any kind of parent is not an achievement. Having your kids with you 85 percent of the time is not an achievement, it's just being a parent. No doubt there are specific challenges to being a single parent but she is in literally the best and easiest single parent situation. She had access to great job opportunities, she chose a field that lent itself to working from home, she had help with housing and access to free childcare. No joke I feel like she has had more support than many two parents under the same roof households. Not to mention endless emotional support from her parents. She is not really parenting alone. But she loves the narrative of being a young penniless single mum. It's just not true and it's maddening that she can't see that. Yet another bandwagon she has jumped on to build her brand and sense of self worth. She should be preaching gratitude for what she has rather than self-worship.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Alice’s story this morning about how little time she has for herself- hold on a minute, you’ve just come back from a kid free trip to Dubai, you are permanently at soho farmhouse or the hairdressers - these idiots are completely deluded.

Reactions: 4
Do you think anyone has actually signed up to her course? I really want to know how many people have
She claims a ton but she could easily have signed up herself to fake it which I imagine is true. Throwing herself into her work... trouble with Gramps!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The thing is I do believe she's got people to sign up. The same ones fawning over her, putting themselves in debt buying the same Ganni dresses, congratulating her on getting back with Gramps for the 4th time.

Instagram is the sycophants wet dream.

I wonder if she'll alienate regular followers if she keeps going on and on about her courses...not sure regular people want to know how she's making money from them. It sort of breaks the social media illusion "you're my best friends and I only have the purest motives for sharing my life with you." I think it might distance her from her followers. Leaving them feeling a bit used, ya know?

Especially because she's putting herself in quite a niche market - I can't imagine a high percentage of her followers are interested in starting their own "influencer" career, so the more she focuses on that, I wonder if her engagement will go down. Although she'll probably just attract more instagrammers like her, trying to boost their own engagement by engaging with similar accounts. It's all a massive echo chamber.

Also, she's been going on about what a master of branding she is, but every time she's tried to describe what her course actually offers it's completely garbled and confusing. Is it small business consulting or life coaching or some vague happiness something or other? She's done a terrible job at defining what her product is, consistently falling back on "look guyz I've been doing this for 12 years, I know it all." Wearing yellow does not a great brand make.

Reactions: 3
The absolute nonsense of her stories today! How can one person say so much while totally missing the point!

Reactions: 2
The absolute nonsense of her stories today! How can one person say so much while totally missing the point!
She’s clearly trying to answer each of the accusations laid against her recently in this thread but hiding it under the guise of someone in my dm’s said. The reason it made no sense is because she has made up the story about the dms so has struggled to maintain a coherent theme/story. Clearly realised that naming the forum and sending people here did her no favours last time, nor did her defence of herself directly on here.

I don’t mind that she’s tried to answer the accusations but I still really think that she lacks a serious amount of self awareness whilst simultaneously believing herself to be very self aware......

She’s clearly trying to answer each of the accusations laid against her recently in this thread but hiding it under the guise of someone in my dm’s said. The reason it made no sense is because she has made up the story about the dms so has struggled to maintain a coherent theme/story. Clearly realised that naming the forum and sending people here did her no favours last time, nor did her defence of herself directly on here.

I don’t mind that she’s tried to answer the accusations but I still really think that she lacks a serious amount of self awareness whilst simultaneously believing herself to be very self aware......
Everything said wasn’t a DM but this thread. She’s scared people will find it and join and be real about her. No mention of Gramps for ages so I take it it’s off for the 19th time.

I'm so confused by her latest blog post. Apparently she's privileged to have parents who she could turn to for a couple of hundred quid, but was too proud to ask, yet no acknowledgement of the free house they gave her? Can you even imagine having 'housing' just ticked off the list? The rest of us will spend a lifetime working and earning that right.

The blog is absolute nonsense, as we'd expect. It totally overlooks the idea of intersectionality, a huge issue with middle-class white women. She talks about one barrier she has never faced, but quickly mentions something else she has. e.g.

"I’ve never known the absolute unfairness of being denied job opportunities or common courtesy because of the colour of my skin, though I’ve fought through both gender-led work-based sexual harassment and discrimination"

Totally glossing over the fact there are women of colour who have faced both racial and sexual discrimination.

Plus, like you've said, she doesn't address the house situation. Old blog posts reference things like "At the bottom of the gym is a gym/office used by my parents". Sounds like a regular "single" mum.

Reactions: 5
"Authenticity and vulnerability are traits that are non-negotiables both online and off: this is my current truth"

Is. It. Bollocks.

Authentic and vulnerable are two words I do not connect with AJT, her IG or blog AT ALL. I started following her on twitter way back when she was a married mum-of-one and I could relate to her in many ways then. Nowadays, I reckon the only thing we have in common is that I got my period today too, I just don't share that with the world. (well, apart from just then, but, ya-know.....)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.