Alicej_t #2 Yesterday utter disarray but hey at least I've now got a fiance - Slay!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to white knight here guys... relationships are complex. Ones where there are possible elements of relationship abuse (be it physical or psychological) are even more so. Portraying things being rosy is part of the complexity and managing the shame of being in the situation in the first place and desperately wanting it to be the way you show it to the world. That said - if you’ve experienced this, had it play out online for the world to see, for GODS SAKE learn from it playing out online and keep your new relationship off the grid. Unless you want people to have an opinion.

I came on here initially to vent my frustration that someone I once thought was cool and relatable is now another bullshitting ‘influencer’. It’s frustrating when you have read along for so long, nodding your head as you relate to what they say, only for later content to contradict what was said initially.

I’m not down with ragging on children (particularly as they have absolutely no say in being put on social media) or people’s families. Not cool. Those kiddos are going to have enough tit to deal with as it is, the internet is a permanent record.

I’m also not down with people posting all and sundry online (including children who cannot consent to this), generating a profit off of this, then being offended when people have an opinion. Then endeavouring to generate more profit from said offence by making defensive videos - which essentially cherry pick the points raised on forums that you feel will serve your purpose and completely ignoring things that are relevant points.

I’m bored now. Next.

Reactions: 15
Alice, here’s how it is: I love Instagram, I was heavily invested in lots and lots of influencers, I really enjoyed the inspiration I would get from their ‘aspirational’ feeds until one day the mist cleared. I am not a troll, I just do not like being sold a lie, I am not stupid. You ask your followers to invest in you and your business, I don’t know you but you share so much of your life that your followers feel they do know you but when it all starts to become disingenuous they fall into tattle and find it’s not just them who see it, it’s lots and lots of people. If you don’t like the bitching, be above it, don’t be pretentious about your life, don’t make up stuff about your child’s name then delete it, just be yourself. There are plenty of instagrammers who hold their integrity, can share aspects of their life and are not talked about on here, it is possible. People on here followed you at some point because they liked you, it’s not really their fault if they stopped, what made them stop liking your feed and come over here? It’s not enough to just call “troll”.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Proof for you.
How is that proof? Who’s the username? Unless that’s the person that claimed to know your exes daughter - which by the way we ALL told her that it was out of line to be speaking about her then I don’t believe it’s anyone on here.

Reactions: 2
Alice, what goes around comes around. You were party to the same 'trolling' of me back in 2008/2009 as part of your petty, secret little LJ group. That affected my mental health. Back when this wasn't even a known way of bullying people. That affected me getting a specific job that would have been amazing for my early career. Who knows - perhaps it was even you who set up that fake LJ to goad another woman who is still very active online today? You certainly enjoyed the fallout when she found out it wasn't real.
Have a hard a think about how you behave yourself towards others. I implore you.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
[QUOTE="Perpetualeyeroll, post: 515865, member: .

I’m also not down with people posting all and sundry online (including children who cannot consent to this), generating a profit off of this, then being offended when people have an opinion. Then endeavouring to generate more profit from said offence by making defensive videos - which essentially cherry pick the points raised on forums that you feel will serve your purpose and completely ignoring things that are relevant points.

I’m bored now. Next.
[/QUOTE]

I cannot help but notice the comments which have been referenced are by people the majority of commenters here have called out as being over the line/inappropriate/, and/or comments which in isolation seem unjustified, rather than the relevent responses to frankly baffling behaviour they were intended to be.

Reactions: 3
Alice, what goes around comes around. You were party to the same 'trolling' of me back in 2008/2009 as part of your petty, secret little LJ group. That affected my mental health. Back when this wasn't even a known way of bullying people. That affected me getting a specific job that would have been amazing for my early career. Who knows - perhaps it was even you who set up that fake LJ to goad another woman who is still very active online today? You certainly enjoyed the fallout when she found out it wasn't real.
Have a hard a think about how you behave yourself towards others. I implore you.
Sorry if this is a dim question but what is LJ?

I've never commented on this thread and I do mainly lurk though have commented on a few family threads as I really do disagree about using children on instagram. I started following Alice years ago when blogs were a thing and I enjoyed following her and still sort of do today even though I have nothing at all in common with her, however this whole trolling thing has annoyed me but also made me think about open platforms and freedom of speech. Yes there is trolling going on and there has been questionable comments on here and not just on Alice's thread but on others - from what I have seen commentators have shouted down those responses and said this shouldnt be said and rightly so, I think with forums like this you are going to have the troll who comment on apparences, parenting, implying things that are wrong and their kids apparences and no way is this OK and it's awful to see disgusting comments been made about people as much as you dislike someone no way would I condone those sort of comments and then you have the other side which has varied and critical views, highlights lack of transparency for ads, debate on children being used to sell products on social media platforms etc etc and if that was mentioned on these people's platforms most likely they would be blocked, deleted, labelled troll and people attacking the person for pointing something out. Both sides cannot win. I follow influencers I enjoy and unfollowed ones that I feel are there for selling their kids, and all just for the money. I would have enjoyed these accounts years ago until they became shady, unrelatable and just all about the money. In Alice's case I look at her stories see she what she puts out there in her life, something I wouldn't do myself, something I wouldn't comment on her IG pictures as tbh none of my business and I wouldn't say it to her face and wouldn't say it in real life unless I was her mam or close friend but maybe I'd say something in a forum were you can say something 🤷‍♀️ then again is it right to speak about people behind their backs? It's a hard one as there are three sides infleuncers, trolls and people who want to speak up in a respectful manner but maybe they feel they can't because they are labelled as a troll when they are not a troll. Anyway I'm rambling and probably not making a proper point!

Reactions: 1
I’m confused as to why questioning an influencers inconsistent messaging (particularly when money is made from their audience) and simply discussing the fact that they have lied about something on social media is being labelled as jealousy and trolling. There certainly are comments that over step the mark but to brand this whole chat as trolling is very much weakening and diluting the serious discussion regarding trolls.

Reactions: 17
I’m confused as to why questioning an influencers inconsistent messaging (particularly when money is made from their audience) and simply discussing the fact that they have lied about something on social media is being labelled as jealousy and trolling. There certainly are comments that over step the mark but to brand this whole chat as trolling is very much weakening and diluting the serious discussion regarding trolls.
Perfectly put and what I was trying to articulate in a long out drawn manner 🙈

Reactions: 3
So we are all jealous of Alice 🤔. Nope. Can’t even be bothered to expand. Just nope 🙄

Just one point, that it shows we are right in our opinions, that you are one self obsessed girl, Alice.

Reactions: 4
Agreed with what people have said above. Comments that are mean about children are, in my view, unacceptable. So is posting someone's address. However, valid criticisms about lying to your audience and not being transparent with adverts should not be classed as trolling! Influencers sell their lives - this is their product. People complain on Trip Advisor about restaurants if their menu is misleading...this is the same. Influencers make money through the number of followers they have, and without an audience, they're not going to make money. As others have said - there is no way we can comment these things on the posts of influencers as the comment would be deleted and we would be blocked and labelled as negative. I think there is a place for these sites - but again emphasize that unacceptable comments shouldn't be tolerated.

Reactions: 10
Alice you have only cherry picked the bits you want to address and answer making yourself look good but why not answer regarding the lies you have told about your boys name etc and then desperately try to cover your tracks by deleting what you yourself have put out there. Your personality is so consistent, its like you're trying to put out fires that you yourself have accidentally set...now its all too much and it's burning all around you and now you're in tears. I think a lot of people who have been following you are singing 'Cry Me A River'

Nothing addresses moving your kids in with a bloke you’ve known five minutes. I don’t care what anyone says about trolling, that’s just ludicrous.

Reactions: 8
Hilarious how she says to address the issues with your name to it yet made a big point of saying how she owes her followers nothing and doesn’t need to answer anything unless she’s being paid. I don’t believe for a second she’s the sort of person that welcomes constructive criticism

I understand why she is upset, but let it be a lesson about sharing every detail about your personal life on the internet. If you present your life like a soap opera then don’t be surprised when people treat it like entertainment. The level of game playing that was going on when she was with Shaun - the showing off on first class flights clearly intended for his family or whoever it was that disapproved on the relationship, the confusing blog posts about his family and then getting back together yet again, through to the performance of this latest relationship online (which feels like it is directed at her ex and his family). It’s wholly unnecessary and bizarre. The comments about her children have been really inappropriate but I would ask Alice to analyse whether it was right to ever put them on the internet and monetise them in the way she has. A lot of bad behaviour on tattle but Alice needs to take some time to think about what it was that invited it to her door in the first place

Reactions: 14
I understand why she is upset, but let it be a lesson about sharing every detail about your personal life on the internet. If you present your life like a soap opera then don’t be surprised when people treat it like entertainment. The level of game playing that was going on when she was with Shaun - the showing off on first class flights clearly intended for his family or whoever it was that disapproved on the relationship, the confusing blog posts about his family and then getting back together yet again, through to the performance of this latest relationship online (which feels like it is directed at her ex and his family). It’s wholly unnecessary and bizarre. The comments about her children have been really inappropriate but I would ask Alice to analyse whether it was right to ever put them on the internet and monetise them in the way she has. A lot of bad behaviour on tattle but Alice needs to take some time to think about what it was that invited it to her door in the first place
Yeah - I think the issue here is that whilst most people get some level of criticism/feedback/opinion on their work output (which increases where that work is more high profile), it has less of a damaging effect on that person because it's slightly detached from who they are. I guess where what you sell is your personal life and the personal life of your family, criticism feels much more targeted. The issue with lifestyle influencers is that they are their work, so work criticism is essentially a criticism of them - I guess this is inevitable where what you sell is so closely associated with the most private parts of anyone's life.

Our points are only valid if we post under our real names Alice? Well yes, you convince yourself that so you can avoid answering perfectly reasonable questions such as WHY DID YOU LIE ABOUT HUX'S NAME?

Also, didn't you recently publish a blog post "what strangers think about me is none of my business". So, which is it? Yet again you can't keep your story straight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Our points are only valid if we post under our real names Alice? Well yes, you convince yourself that so you can avoid answering perfectly reasonable questions such as WHY DID YOU LIE ABOUT HUX'S NAME?

Also, didn't you recently publish a blog post "what strangers think about me is none of my business". So, which is it? Yet again you can't keep your story straight.
She really doesn’t like you does she 🤣 saw your name a few times

• Haha
Still LOLing at the whole Aldous Huxley bullshit lie and subsequent blog post deletion.

Making tit up purely for engagement and then caught out!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.