Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yoyolady

Chatty Member
Do you remember ‘nailgate’ when a vile troll had the nerve to message her saying it was a bit rich posting that she was in desperate need of some ‘me time’ to get her nails done straight after coming back from Dubai and how that might come across to the average struggling single mother ?? She turned the perfectly civil conversation into several stories worth of content, a blogpost and even a hashtag. Well that vile troll was me and I believe she took umbrage to the fact I said ‘I can’t wait for the insta bubble to burst for you snake oil salespeople’. Seeing her flogging mango bits in Kings Cross station feels like I got my wish.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

Clare

VIP Member
Alice, here’s how it is: I love Instagram, I was heavily invested in lots and lots of influencers, I really enjoyed the inspiration I would get from their ‘aspirational’ feeds until one day the mist cleared. I am not a troll, I just do not like being sold a lie, I am not stupid. You ask your followers to invest in you and your business, I don’t know you but you share so much of your life that your followers feel they do know you but when it all starts to become disingenuous they fall into tattle and find it’s not just them who see it, it’s lots and lots of people. If you don’t like the bitching, be above it, don’t be pretentious about your life, don’t make up stuff about your child’s name then delete it, just be yourself. There are plenty of instagrammers who hold their integrity, can share aspects of their life and are not talked about on here, it is possible. People on here followed you at some point because they liked you, it’s not really their fault if they stopped, what made them stop liking your feed and come over here? It’s not enough to just call “troll”.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Ellabella

VIP Member
And to say "the last three years have been the most difficult of my life", when on Insta it was all first class flights, seafood platters and £300 dresses. Just goes to show she is queen of bullshit so why should we believe the crap she's spouting now about the universe finding her the greatest love of her life?

• Heart
Reactions: 24

stv83

This is the one!
What was he discussing I wonder? "You know what, Danish Alan? When I get back home, I'm gonna find myself a pretentious gold digger with more baggage than Heathrow, get myself a dog and make a very effeminate Instagram account".

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I just discovered this thread and subsequently, my people. Holy balls she is a hot mess these days. I have a theory - her ex has remarried and seems like he’s pretty stable and happy. She on the other hand has not and is PISSED that she didn’t get her ‘happily ever after’ first. So she just ricochets between inappropriate (and old AF) men hiding behind a smoke screen of faux feminism to convince herself that her poor choices are in fact ‘living authentically as a empowered woman’. I don’t know how she can possibly be a happiness coach - she is one unhappy, insecure person. And ‘Slay’? Really? Cultural appropriation much? I’d unfollow but honestly it’s like watching a car crash.

Reactions: 19

Clare

VIP Member
But she is literally spending her weekend reading them too?! Would love to know what the 95% lies are. Tell us, Alice!
Imagine being the kind of parent who splashes their children all over a public social media platform for money, who shares their rollercoaster private life with strangers on social media for money, who fabricates details about her son’s name to impress strangers. Imagine then being such a hypocrite when people have an opinion on you after you’ve invited them into your life and over shared so compulsively and calling them out! Those exact people who’ve increased your SM presence and made you money. IMAGINE.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

IMO

I have some news...

**DAN IS ON BUMBLE!**

I came across his profile last night. I swiped left, obvs, but there he was in all his weird, waxy glory.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha

Tallyrose

I’m confused as to why questioning an influencers inconsistent messaging (particularly when money is made from their audience) and simply discussing the fact that they have lied about something on social media is being labelled as jealousy and trolling. There certainly are comments that over step the mark but to brand this whole chat as trolling is very much weakening and diluting the serious discussion regarding trolls.

meetmeinthemiddle

We live in a weird, weird, weird world.

I am really not down with how her children have been spoken about - that was never necessary.

Share your private life, your love life, your home, your kids, but then block, delete if it's anything negative. Feeds full of echo chamber positivity when it's nothing of the sort.

Share every room of your house, the town it's in, the pub is opposite, tell everyone it's for rent. Then some bright spark thinks 'hmm it might be on right move' and da daaaa it is! I am also not down with sharing that - a step too far, if you are a psycho and want to go and stalk her and the police catch you, you can explain exactly how you obtained her address.

My point is everyone is right and everyone is wrong. Everyone is shouting to be the loudest voice. Trolls call their children brats, influencers respond calling them bitches. There are no boundaries in this online world, and to be honest, I am scared for what is coming next.

If you put yourself out there and try and carve a job out of it, there is someone just behind ready to be watching your every move.

theres' the habitual ASA breakers, the ones who in a safe guarding case for their kids would definitely fail, there's also the ones who are squeaky clean and manage to do it very professionally. And of course the ones who keep dropping in casual racist remarks and then cry troll when they're told that this really isn't on in 2019 ...

There's the viewer who laps it all up and hero worships, theres the viewer who thinks it's all wrong.

There's a gazillion different views and many people upset.

Reactions: 16

bumblebees19

VIP Member
I don't feel like we need to discuss Emily or talk about her in such an aggressive way. It's about Alice and her choices as a grown woman who profits from sharing her personal life online.

Reactions: 15
I’m going to white knight here guys... relationships are complex. Ones where there are possible elements of relationship abuse (be it physical or psychological) are even more so. Portraying things being rosy is part of the complexity and managing the shame of being in the situation in the first place and desperately wanting it to be the way you show it to the world. That said - if you’ve experienced this, had it play out online for the world to see, for GODS SAKE learn from it playing out online and keep your new relationship off the grid. Unless you want people to have an opinion.

I came on here initially to vent my frustration that someone I once thought was cool and relatable is now another bullshitting ‘influencer’. It’s frustrating when you have read along for so long, nodding your head as you relate to what they say, only for later content to contradict what was said initially.

I’m not down with ragging on children (particularly as they have absolutely no say in being put on social media) or people’s families. Not cool. Those kiddos are going to have enough shit to deal with as it is, the internet is a permanent record.

I’m also not down with people posting all and sundry online (including children who cannot consent to this), generating a profit off of this, then being offended when people have an opinion. Then endeavouring to generate more profit from said offence by making defensive videos - which essentially cherry pick the points raised on forums that you feel will serve your purpose and completely ignoring things that are relevant points.

I’m bored now. Next.

missT

She removed Vice & BBH from her insta bio. Finally.
I will never forget her posts about holidays with gramps, gushing over him, so happy and so in love he took me to Sanderson in London hehe we had lobster for dinner hehehe Dubai New York Gucci Chanel it’s me and you forever xxx he never spent a night over when my kids were home, he was awful and abusive and I’m scared for my safety how dare you trolls call my narrative out??? It’s 95% lies! BUT THEY’RE MY LIES. :rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Haha

Alivey

Jeez Louise. I have followed Alice’s journey since we were at uni together and we both had live journal accounts (remember those?!). I used to love her posts on motherhood and found them really relatable.

More recently I’ve found myself being suckered in and spat out by the materialism (the mulberry, the Range Rover, the first class trips to NYC, the ‘I do all my shopping at Waitrose’). The comment about private school has tipped me over the edge and I’ve unfollowed.

Hi Alice 👋🏻 If you’re reading this you are really alienating your old followers... It’s great you’re happy but the constant ‘look what I’ve bought / doing’ etc might be making people, especially new mums, feel like shit. For a happiness coach I’d have hoped you’d thought about that...

IMO

I knew Dan (sadly) but only very briefly (not so sad) and he's a British citizen, used to work at the EIFA school, has 2 boys and didn't do so well from his divorce but his family has money. They met on a dating app as far as I know and didn't know each other before that. I think they both make a well-suited couple as they are both stuck up their own arses. Oh and yes, he looks like a waxwork of Uri Geller...completely agree with you.

• Haha
  • Wow

Ellabella

VIP Member
I actually feel really sad reading that article. She worked hard to find the right place for her and the kids, only to give it up the minute some man showed some interest in her, wrenching the kids from all their securities. What a selfish woman.

Reactions: 14

PipPop

She's quoted the Jessy from Little Mix article tonight on twitter, saying she's been called a massive twat online.
Trust Alice to equate people quite rightly pointing out that everything she willingly posts online for all to see makes her look like a massive twat with having hundreds/thousands of people abusing you online for the “crime” of being in a famous girl group on a famous TV show and having a slightly different body to the others in that group.

The situations are completely different. She needs to get a fucking grip. The twat.

• Heart
Reactions: 14