Alice Liveing #7 Paddy won’t commit, her clothes don’t fit and the app is still Tommy tit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So if she has anxiety and it's spiralling, shouldn't she stop her retinol?...did she even tell her Dr who prescribed it that she had pre-existing health anxiety? ...totally irresponsible

Reactions: 5
Can understand speaking out about something that affects you so severely but it's the filming yourself crying that throws me. How bad can it be if you can still find the headspace to think 'hold on, let me set up my camera and catch this moment to share later'?

Reactions: 18
Can understand speaking out about something that affects you so severely but it's the filming yourself crying that throws me. How bad can it be if you can still find the headspace to think 'hold on, let me set up my camera and catch this moment to share later'?

Exactly. Very contrived. It’s a stark contrast from the reel before that. Makes you look at it in a different light if this is what goes on “behind the scenes”.

Reactions: 7
Also her post references "health anxiety", which I feel is perhaps the wrong term to use? As health anxiety is when you're worried about having an illness. It's very different to the day-to-day generalised anxiety that she's describing in the caption.

Reactions: 6
So eating disorders, exercise addiction, and now health anxiety and this person is a health/fitness guru? Sounds legit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
And when the camera stops rolling so will the tears most likely.

Jeez, there are awful things that have been happening in my life that give me reason to cry often. However this is something I only ever do behind closed doors at home and seek comfort for in private from my partner. It never crosses my mind to set a camera up to capture my darkest moments and then put it on the Internet for the world to see. I'm all for talking about mental health publicly but I always find it strange and a bit much when people video themselves crying and post it online to hundreds of strangers.
At this point I really think Alice has just become completely addicted to social media validation and the online world. It is also painstakingly obvious how little support she actually receives from Daddy Paddy because if he were there to help her at times of crises, even over the phone, then she wouldn't be sat going through this turmoil alone and feeling the need to turn to the Internet about it.

Also, her latest post really proves to me how money doesn't buy you happiness..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Sooo anxious 🫠😫 but still have time to prop the phone up and hit record 💕🥺 cos I just wan to help people 😇😍

Reactions: 11
This anxiety post is in the top percentile of ick.
the comments are even more pathetic.
Seems more like anxiety about her app being crap and having low engagement and knowing this will generate loads of comments saying how great she is 🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Ah I hate to be an armchair psychologist but she’s always putting labels on what she things her anxiety is stemming from, publishing it out there without even getting a professional opinion. I think if she stuck at therapy she’d probably realise that a lot of her reactions to stress and turbulent moods are most likely down to trauma e.g when she was in an abusive relationship, living with a parent with their own mental health problems. 9/10 anxiety is a symptom of something bigger and managing it involved taking a good hard look at what the root is and hashing it out in a safe space. Social media isn’t that safe space and her “honesty” is damaging not just to others but also to herself.

She’s in a right pickle. She needs proper help, not Insta “therapists” and to step right away from social media. I can’t work out how much of this is genuine and how much is for the camera but if even a bit of it is as severe as she describes then she needs some support and I’m amazed she’s not getting it from the person she professes to be her best friend Paddy. She’s a complete rollercoaster and I really believe her hormones play a part here too and that Roaccutane is likely exacerbating things. She’s like me in peri menopause but on steroids!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve had health anxiety and agree with her it’s brutal. I understand that feeling of being absolutely convinced you’re going to die. For me it was a fear of brain tumours and HIV - fun times. However, as other wise folks here have said, the HA is a symptom of something else, not a cause. She needs to get to therapy, stat. And not insta therapy. And she needs to cut back her SM time.

I have mental health issues but not in a million years would I film myself crying and then put it on social media. Sorry but I can’t sympathise with her at all.

This anxiety post is in the top percentile of ick.
the comments are even more pathetic.
I just don’t understand why she’s done this. It’s just awful!

Sorry but I find all the influencers crawling over her post saying ‘this will help so many’ totally ridiculous! 99% of her followers don’t have the privilege/money she has to go and get help.

Glad she’s acknowledging she has an issue though as it’s quite obvious it she is a hypochondriac.

I have suffered from horrendous anxiety and wouldn't wish it on anyone. However I don't see how her post is helpful.

It would have been better to share her experience when in a calm state and to talk to the camera. Also, there's no solution suggested, I don't know how it is meant to be helpful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.