Alice Liveing #2 Brand new teeth, brand new app, shame she’s filtered and full of crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Once upon a time when we used to be able to go to the office and to training events and conferences and all that jazz I recall that the most engaging and effective speakers and facilitators were the ones who spoke adequately but who did not waffle on relentlessly. Alice used to do Lives where she’d answer questions about fitness etc and I had to stop as they made my head hurt they were so wordy and frantic.
Listen to the question, formulate a response. Say it. Move on.
Same with her announcements. She’s like a 5 year old over stimulated by Colin the Caterpillar cake at a birthday party. 🙄
It’s weird how she speaks its a proper weird mix of begging yet At the same time claiming to be the font of all knowledge. Very odd! X

Reactions: 3
It’s weird how she speaks its a proper weird mix of begging yet At the same time claiming to be the font of all knowledge. Very odd! X
I thought she seemed quite nervous
I think she did seem nervous and quite panicky. I think she’s very concerned the App isn’t doing what she’d hoped it would do. Can’t have been cheap to develop and launch although I don’t know how many subscribers you need at £16.99 a month to create a healthy return? I k ow nothing about Apps. The free trial is definitely a good plan. The other thing I find strange was the comment last week that if you sign up now you get access to June and July challenges too. So if I’m a subscriber who’s paid each month for them, new people just get them anyway?

Deep down I think Alice is a very good PT. She knows her stuff, she’s very focused on form and safe exercising and does really enjoy training people. Somewhere that’s got lost in the designer bags and freebies and nervy spiels. I’d trust her to coach me (and I have a few past injuries/anomalies) as I think she’d keep me safe. I wouldn’t do the App as I need that observation and cues from someone watching me. But that doesn’t make the App rubbish. I just don’t think it’s thought through fully and she’s feeling worried. As I said when I joined this thread I don’t think she’s a bad person but she’s lost herself somewhere in the mire of oversharing Insta bragging.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
she seems out of her depth :( The video she posted was, as said, really waffly and unprofessional. And the message she gave was 'I don't really know what I'm doing, I've made poor decisions and not enough people are subscribing, But please download my app'.
She could have waited until after whatever tomorrow's announcement is and then said - To celebrate (whatever it is) I'm giving a 7 day free trial to my app for the next (month?)

Reactions: 8
I used to really like Women’s Health too but they seem to have fallen right into the influencer trend and their content is repetitive
I know right!!! Half the articles aren’t even about health and fitness now. And their social media posts are just “7 signs of ovarian cancer you need to know about” which are very generic symptoms of “bloating” and “vaginal bleeding” which trigger my health anxiety 🙃 I get it free through club lloyds rewards but may swap to a different magazine!

Reactions: 9
I used to really like Women’s Health too but they seem to have fallen right into the influencer trend and their content is repetitive
They need to appeal to a section of people
that don’t read magazines and get their entertainment online. They think her following is strong and hence - covers.
Same idea as all the silly clothing collaborations. I steer well clear of those as these people have no idea what they are doing and just lend their name for some cash.

Reactions: 4
She’s on the front cover of Women’s Health this month so may be that?
As said - again??! WH used to be a good magazine but they’ve become repetitive although they do at least try and shift away from the how many doughnuts equals a spin class mantra. Alice is good mates with Clare Sanderson there isn’t she and I REALLY rate her as a capable and determined woman who by her own admittance came from The Valleys in Wales and kind of broke the stereotype of media success in London.

I think Alice realises the App is not being well received apart from in her little tribe of buddies. There is no way she’s going to attract loads of new subscribers and followers with it. The marketplace is saturated and all she’s done is moan about it for two months desperate to bank workouts so she can go on holiday again. 🤷‍♀️

And there it is!!! Tad of enhancement going on there I do think. 🤔

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I don't understand why she is so excited, if she's been on the cover several times already

Reactions: 5
Lurker here, but I had to comment, why on earth is she on the Women's Heath cover AGAIN?? That's ridiculous, she wasn't on it that long ago was she? And they've been making more of an effort recently to have more diverse, interesting cover stars too.

I don't mind Alice and quite like a lot of the weights workouts she posts on her grid, but then, I don't watch her stories so I avoid all the moaning 😆

Reactions: 5
As said - again??! WH used to be a good magazine but they’ve become repetitive although they do at least try and shift away from the how many doughnuts equals a spin class mantra. Alice is good mates with Clare Sanderson there isn’t she and I REALLY rate her as a capable and determined woman who by her own admittance came from The Valleys in Wales and kind of broke the stereotype of media success in London.

I think Alice realises the App is not being well received apart from in her little tribe of buddies. There is no way she’s going to attract loads of new subscribers and followers with it. The marketplace is saturated and all she’s done is moan about it for two months desperate to bank workouts so she can go on holiday again. 🤷‍♀️

I’m from a working class northern background trying to make a career in London, so I also really rate Claire. I wish it was the old WH I could be proud of her for producing again, but even when Alice had a “column” it was 250 words of very generic exercise guidance

ok who’s going to sign up for the free 7 days and report back? 😆

Who’s that? It certainly isn’t Alice. She should be ashamed of the photoshopping.
holy fekkin hell. That is on of the most ridiculous thing I think I’ve ever seen. Now I’m 🤬

I was very tempted. So much for Body Positivity. She’s sooo thirsty

ok done now. I’ll see myself out.
6B7DC8E6-462C-4375-82FE-212D21F9538F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I just find it incredibly disingenuous to preach body positivity but then have a cover photo that looks nothing like you. Face shape is different, those abs haven’t been like that for years, arms thinned out and legs look longer. It’s a farce. She should be called out on it. 😡

Who’s going to reply to her ask herself questions again with “heavily photoshopped influencers who aren’t honest” 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

I think she did seem nervous and quite panicky. I think she’s very concerned the App isn’t doing what she’d hoped it would do. Can’t have been cheap to develop and launch although I don’t know how many subscribers you need at £16.99 a month to create a healthy return? I k ow nothing about Apps. The free trial is definitely a good plan. The other thing I find strange was the comment last week that if you sign up now you get access to June and July challenges too. So if I’m a subscriber who’s paid each month for them, new people just get them anyway?

Deep down I think Alice is a very good PT. She knows her stuff, she’s very focused on form and safe exercising and does really enjoy training people. Somewhere that’s got lost in the designer bags and freebies and nervy spiels. I’d trust her to coach me (and I have a few past injuries/anomalies) as I think she’d keep me safe. I wouldn’t do the App as I need that observation and cues from someone watching me. But that doesn’t make the App rubbish. I just don’t think it’s thought through fully and she’s feeling worried. As I said when I joined this thread I don’t think she’s a bad person but she’s lost herself somewhere in the mire of oversharing Insta bragging.

Totally where with this. I think the app will have cost anywhere from £10k - £30k. Anyone on the app to see how many people are taking part? If the 87 people who have reviewed have all paid the £17 per month that’s still only approx £1.5k. I’m sure I once read somewhere that 70% of customer will review of give feedback if asked. So even if that is the case and she has approx that it’s only about £2k per month. She been given a lot of support front en likes of a feature for Women’s Health. She used to train Claire Sanderson all the time .

0FE1760B-6B8D-46AC-B9B9-BDF988A2A943.jpeg

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/uk/beauty/body/a36208309/project-body-love/

Also look at Alice playing the victim…again

90E8537E-6A13-44E8-9B86-CC0BF32D952E.jpeg

For Alice who’s clearly at the back of the room…
“YOU ARE NOT BEING BULLIED YOU ATE BEIMG CRITIQUED. LIKE YOU WOULD DO TO A CLIENT WHEN DOING PT TO IMPROVE FORM. ITS SAID TO OFFER INSIGHT AND TIPS FOR IMPROVEMENT.”

ok who’s going to sign up for the free 7 days and report back? 😆

Who’s that? It certainly isn’t Alice. She should be ashamed of the photoshopping.
holy fekkin hell. That is on of the most ridiculous thing I think I’ve ever seen. Now I’m 🤬

I was very tempted. So much for Body Positivity. She’s sooo thirsty

ok done now. I’ll see myself out.
View attachment 693292
Wow. That is not her real body now. She hasnt looked like that for years. Shame on her.

• Haha
Totally where with this. I think the app will have cost anywhere from £10k - £30k. Anyone on the app to see how many people are taking part? If the 87 people who have reviewed have all paid the £17 per month that’s still only approx £1.5k. I’m sure I once read somewhere that 70% of customer will review of give feedback if asked. So even if that is the case and she has approx that it’s only about £2k per month.
Then Apple and Google need their cut too, so even less 😰

I do think Alice is a really good trainer but the app really doesn’t appeal to me and I’ve tried soo many over the years! I don’t know why really, it’s just not really anything new/different.

Totally where with this. I think the app will have cost anywhere from £10k - £30k. Anyone on the app to see how many people are taking part? If the 87 people who have reviewed have all paid the £17 per month that’s still only approx £1.5k. I’m sure I once read somewhere that 70% of customer will review of give feedback if asked. So even if that is the case and she has approx that it’s only about £2k per month. She been given a lot of support front en likes of a feature for Women’s Health. She used to train Claire Sanderson all the time .

View attachment 693746

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/uk/beauty/body/a36208309/project-body-love/

Also look at Alice playing the victim…again

View attachment 693757
For Alice who’s clearly at the back of the room…
“YOU ARE NOT BEING BULLIED YOU ARE BEIMG CRITIQUED. LIKE YOU WOULD DO TO A CLIENT WHEN DOING PT TO IMPROVE FORM. ITS SAID TO OFFER INSIGHT AND TIPS FOR IMPROVEMENT.”
Don’t think this is what Michelle Obama was referring to. Alice posted the cover ..she invited everyone in. Can’t have it both ways.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.